Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 182

Thread: Aryan vs Dravidians - A Myth by Dr. Dr. Subramanian Swamy

  1. #11
    Gold Member Class
    Posts
    3,006
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nepali Brahmin
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L657>Y6
    mtDNA
    M30

    Quote Originally Posted by Saad2016 View Post
    How different are the ethnic groups ( South and North India) on an autosomal Spectrum which constitutes like 96 percent (22/23 chromosomes) of the human genome. My understanding is that a Tamil from the South and a Kapoor from the North are not that much different genetically speaking. If you pick up like 100 different ethnicities from around the world and check them for closest affinity with one another, North and South Indian will be on the same spectrum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandoos View Post
    it is similar, but you can also delineate origins with genetic analysis. this guy makes it seem like its an either or scenario between accepting a controversial theory or acting plain ignorant/inaccurately dumbing things down saying "our dna is the same" just to be inclusive.
    I'm with mandoos here. There is a clear cline in ancestry for most of the groups, so the core components were same/similar but with various proportions. There are additional components for some that pull them either significantly off that cline or just a bit, depending on the additional admixture events. Frequency of unilineals, particularly patrilineal alone doesn't paint an accurate picture.

    Tldr we're all the same, but we're different at the group level.we can run g25 on individual groups to see what formal stats indicate.

    The only question now, at the macro level, is the admixture date(s) for various components. That tells us about the migration history as well as the intermingling among various components. Btw, new data will turn up new components, so we will rinse and repeat.
    Hidden Content
    Global25 Web Runner - Scaled - Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Global25 Web Runner - Unscaled - Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    To include your G25 coordinates and/or sponsorship support - email: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    LukaszM's Eurogenes K36 PCA: Hidden Content | Hidden Content

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to poi For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (01-08-2019),  Jatt1 (01-06-2019),  JMcB (01-08-2019)

  3. #12
    Registered Users
    Posts
    228
    Sex
    Location
    Stone Mountain GA
    Nationality
    Gondwanan
    Y-DNA
    my baby daddy's
    mtDNA
    U1a1c1d

    India United States of America
    Honestly who cares about what the British did nowadays? Sashi tharoor is a bit of a goon on the other end of the spectrum as well always explaining Indian weaknesses as a product of exploitation by the British raj. India was always divided on a genetic/caste level in general which made it so easy to be conquered. Theres no need to drone on with interjecting assumptions that it wasn't.
    Last edited by Mandoos; 01-05-2019 at 10:36 PM.

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mandoos For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (01-08-2019),  FrostAssassin0701 (01-06-2019),  Jatt1 (01-06-2019),  laltota (01-06-2019),  MonkeyDLuffy (01-05-2019),  poi (01-05-2019)

  5. #13
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,122
    Location
    Gonur Tepe

    Afghanistan Jammu and Kashmir United States of America Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by poi View Post
    I'm with mandoos here. There is a clear cline in ancestry for most of the groups, so the core components were same/similar but with various proportions. There are additional components for some that pull them either significantly off that cline or just a bit, depending on the additional admixture events. Frequency of unilineals, particularly patrilineal alone doesn't paint an accurate picture.

    Tldr we're all the same, but we're different at the group level.we can run g25 on individual groups to see what formal stats indicate.

    The only question now, at the macro level, is the admixture date(s) for various components. That tells us about the migration history as well as the intermingling among various components. Btw, new data will turn up new components, so we will rinse and repeat.
    I would say overall Europeans are far more homogeneous, thats most definitely not the case in South Asia where you can find very divergent populations living a stones throw away from each other. Its bares much more similarities with populations in North and North East Africa (Horn).

  6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pegasus For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (01-08-2019),  drobbah (01-07-2019),  FrostAssassin0701 (01-06-2019),  JMcB (01-08-2019),  khanabadoshi (01-07-2019),  laltota (01-06-2019),  MonkeyDLuffy (01-05-2019),  poi (01-06-2019),  Sapporo (01-06-2019)

  7. #14
    Global Moderator
    Posts
    3,244
    Sex
    Location
    Chicago
    Ethnicity
    Baloch Kashmiri Uzbek Kho
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA
    A8a

    Pakistan United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    I would say overall Europeans are far more homogeneous, thats most definitely not the case in South Asia where you can find very divergent populations living a stones throw away from each other. Its bares much more similarities with populations in North and North East Africa (Horn).
    I mean, it's not even a contentious point or matter of opinion, rather it's an objective fact:

    “Chahar chez est tohfay Multan, Gard-o- Garma, Gada-o- Goristan”.

    Four things are the gift of Multan: Dusty winds, hot seasons, beggars and graveyards.




  8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

     26284729292 (01-07-2019),  agent_lime (01-07-2019),  bmoney (01-08-2019),  Coldmountains (01-07-2019),  JMcB (01-08-2019),  laltota (01-07-2019),  midichlorian (01-07-2019),  MonkeyDLuffy (01-07-2019),  pegasus (01-07-2019),  poi (01-07-2019),  Sapporo (01-07-2019)

  9. #15
    Registered Users
    Posts
    534
    Ethnicity
    Brahmin (mixed)
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R-1A (Z-93)
    mtDNA
    M-30

    Quote Originally Posted by khanabadoshi View Post
    I mean, it's not even a contentious point or matter of opinion, rather it's an objective fact:

    Not generalizing to people here, but I know so many Europeans who are outraged if they’re classified as an adjacent country with similar genetics. Whereas I’ve complained that 23andme scores all the Indians/south Asians the same to which I’ve been met with the reply “indians are all the same anyways”.

  10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 26284729292 For This Useful Post:

     agent_lime (01-07-2019),  bmoney (01-08-2019),  Censored (01-07-2019),  Coldmountains (01-07-2019),  FrostAssassin0701 (01-07-2019),  JMcB (01-08-2019),  khanabadoshi (01-08-2019),  laltota (01-07-2019),  MonkeyDLuffy (01-07-2019),  Sapporo (01-07-2019),  thejkhan (01-07-2019)

  11. #16
    Gold Member Class
    Posts
    2,425
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Sikh Ramgarhia
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Y2568*
    mtDNA
    M3a2

    India Punjab Canada Azad Baluchistan Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by 26284729292 View Post
    Not generalizing to people here, but I know so many Europeans who are outraged if they’re classified as an adjacent country with similar genetics. Whereas I’ve complained that 23andme scores all the Indians/south Asians the same to which I’ve been met with the reply “indians are all the same anyways”.
    Trust me, we've forum users here who still believe that.
    Deg Teg Fateh - Victory to Charity and Arms

    Punjab, Punjabi, Fateh.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

     26284729292 (01-07-2019),  Censored (01-07-2019),  Sapporo (01-07-2019)

  13. #17
    Bronze Class Member
    Posts
    1,370
    Sex

    Turkmenistan Suriname South Africa Costa Rica Norway Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by 26284729292 View Post
    Not generalizing to people here, but I know so many Europeans who are outraged if they’re classified as an adjacent country with similar genetics. Whereas I’ve complained that 23andme scores all the Indians/south Asians the same to which I’ve been met with the reply “indians are all the same anyways”.

    Lol, 23andme is heavily American biased. Considering that a lot of people here don’t know there’s even a difference between different “brown people”(west and South Asians), it’s not surprising at all they aren’t aware of differences between Indians.

    But then again, there’s a lot of South Asians who believe these things themselves. The video here is proof of that.

  14. #18
    Registered Users
    Posts
    425
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Kurd from Turkey (Dersim)
    Nationality
    Dersim
    Y-DNA
    E-L29
    mtDNA
    H

    Kurdistan Turkey
    Quote Originally Posted by khanabadoshi View Post
    I mean, it's not even a contentious point or matter of opinion, rather it's an objective fact:

    the red square for europe is not accurate . you left out quite a lot . there is italy , greece etc. in the south of the square which you didnt include
    Kurdish people gallery/thread - Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    our anthroforum : Hidden Content join us Hidden Content

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Magnetic For This Useful Post:

     khanabadoshi (01-08-2019)

  16. #19
    Gold Member Class
    Posts
    3,006
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nepali Brahmin
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L657>Y6
    mtDNA
    M30

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    the red square for europe is not accurate . you left out quite a lot . there is italy , greece etc. in the south of the square which you didnt include
    PCA diagrams may not cover everything, but it is a well known fact that Europeans are more homogeneous than South Asians. That was the point Khana was showing. Even if he expands the Europe red square to cover all groups, it will still be much smaller than the South Asian red rectangle.

    It may seem like I'm pimping the tool, but check the CheckFits for various European groups/samples and again for the South Asians. The European fit distances are much closer, relatively speaking.

    http://185.144.156.77:3000/checkfit.html
    Hidden Content
    Global25 Web Runner - Scaled - Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Global25 Web Runner - Unscaled - Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    To include your G25 coordinates and/or sponsorship support - email: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    LukaszM's Eurogenes K36 PCA: Hidden Content | Hidden Content

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to poi For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (01-08-2019),  JMcB (01-08-2019),  MonkeyDLuffy (01-07-2019),  pegasus (01-07-2019)

  18. #20
    Registered Users
    Posts
    425
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Kurd from Turkey (Dersim)
    Nationality
    Dersim
    Y-DNA
    E-L29
    mtDNA
    H

    Kurdistan Turkey
    Quote Originally Posted by poi View Post
    PCA diagrams may not cover everything, but it is a well known fact that Europeans are more homogeneous than South Asians. That was the point Khana was showing. Even if he expands the Europe red square to cover all groups, it will still be much smaller than the South Asian red rectangle.

    It may seem like I'm pimping the tool, but check the CheckFits for various European groups/samples and again for the South Asians. The European fit distances are much closer, relatively speaking.

    http://185.144.156.77:3000/checkfit.html
    I just wanted to tell him in case he was overseeing it. my post was not meant to agree or disagree with anything
    Kurdish people gallery/thread - Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    our anthroforum : Hidden Content join us Hidden Content

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Magnetic For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (01-08-2019),  khanabadoshi (01-08-2019),  passion (01-08-2019),  poi (01-07-2019)

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 108
    Last Post: 01-08-2019, 05:00 AM
  2. Atlantis: truth or myth?
    By Deibrogfunn in forum History (Ancient)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2018, 07:39 PM
  3. Myth busting - the origins of the Irish
    By alan in forum R1b General
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-09-2018, 06:23 AM
  4. The myth of Arabization
    By Alanson in forum General Sociology/Ethnology
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-31-2017, 06:39 PM
  5. semi myth of 2 Oceans meet but don't mix
    By MikeWhalen in forum Natural Sciences
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2015, 12:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •