Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V65
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a

E-V65 in Egypt?

Hi!

I received my reports this morning from 23andme!

My y-dna haplogroup is E-V65, mi paternal family is from Egypt (lower Egypt) (muslim family).

I would like to know the origin, if it arrive with any documented historical invasion, Neolithic migration, etc.

I have searched in google but I have not found much information, it seems that it is not very common...
    Last edited by Rami; 01-27-2019 at 12:07 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rami For This Useful Post:

Amhas (10-22-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Hi!

I received my reports this morning from 23andme!

My y-dna haplogroup is E-V65, mi paternal family is from Egypt (lower Egypt) (muslim family).

I would like to know the origin, if it arrive with any documented historical invasion, Neolithic migration, etc.

I have searched in google but I have not found much information, it seems that it is not very common...
    First of all Congratulations,

E-V65 is very typical of Northern Africans:

This sub-clade, equivalent to the previously classified "beta cluster", is found in high levels in the Maghreb regions of far northern Africa. Cruciani et al. (2007) report levels of about 20% amongst Libyan Arab lineages, and about 30% amongst Moroccan Arabs. It appears to be less common amongst Berbers, but still present in levels of >10%. The authors suggest a North African origin for this lineage. In Europe, only a few individuals were found in Italy and Greece.

Capelli et al. (2009) studied the beta cluster in Europe. They found small amounts in Southern Italy, but also traces in Cantabria, Portugal and Galicia, with Cantabria having the highest level in Europe in their study, at 3.1% (5 out of 161 people).

It (along E-V12 and E-V22) represents local Nile inhabitants and I don't recall any information regarding any Neolithic arrival or migration from somewhere into Egypt. Perhaps someone can also contribute.
    Last edited by Lupriac; 01-27-2019 at 03:00 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lupriac For This Useful Post:

Farroukh (02-03-2019),  Rami (01-28-2019),  Ruderico (01-28-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

Bump.
    Last edited by Lupriac; 01-27-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V65
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a

Quote Originally Posted by Moe12 View Post
    First of all Congratulations,

E-V65 is very typical of Northern Africans:

This sub-clade, equivalent to the previously classified "beta cluster", is found in high levels in the Maghreb regions of far northern Africa. Cruciani et al. (2007) report levels of about 20% amongst Libyan Arab lineages, and about 30% amongst Moroccan Arabs. It appears to be less common amongst Berbers, but still present in levels of >10%. The authors suggest a North African origin for this lineage. In Europe, only a few individuals were found in Italy and Greece.

Capelli et al. (2009) studied the beta cluster in Europe. They found small amounts in Southern Italy, but also traces in Cantabria, Portugal and Galicia, with Cantabria having the highest level in Europe in their study, at 3.1% (5 out of 161 people).

It (along E-V12 and E-V22) represents local Nile inhabitants and I don't recall any information regarding any Neolithic arrival or migration from somewhere into Egypt. Perhaps someone can also contribute.
    Thanks for the congratulations!

I have seen that it isn't very common in Egypt, maybe it arrives when the libyans conquered Egypt?

Or my family name origin is from a modern libyan who emigrated to Egypt?

"It (along E-V12 and E-V22) represents local Nile inhabitants and I don't recall any information regarding any Neolithic arrival or migration from somewhere into Egypt. Perhaps someone can also contribute."

As far as I know the natufians (maybe the first farmers ever) migrated from South Canaan to Egypt in the Neolithic, and now the autosomal dna of egyptians is mostly natufian.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rami For This Useful Post:

Lupriac (06-20-2019),  Mandoos (02-03-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

Native North African lineage.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NetNomad For This Useful Post:

Rami (01-29-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Thanks for the congratulations!

I have seen that it isn't very common in Egypt, maybe it arrives when the libyans conquered Egypt?

Or my family name origin is from a modern libyan who emigrated to Egypt?

"It (along E-V12 and E-V22) represents local Nile inhabitants and I don't recall any information regarding any Neolithic arrival or migration from somewhere into Egypt. Perhaps someone can also contribute."

As far as I know the natufians (maybe the first farmers ever) migrated from South Canaan to Egypt in the Neolithic, and now the autosomal dna of egyptians is mostly natufian.
    Meshwesh ancestry is very probable to be honest. But since E-V65 comes from M78 which was born (and is most common) in Egypt, I can't see any reason to deny the Egyptian origin of E-V65.

We do know that a Neolithic migration occurred circa 6000 BC and we have evidence of sudden change from usual hunter-gatherers to sedentary farming communities along the Nile. There are tons of similarities between the PPN material culture of Levant and Faiyum A.

The period from 9000 to 6000 BC has left very little in the way of archaeological evidence. Around 6000 BC, Neolithic settlements appear all over Egypt. Studies based on morphological, genetic, and archaeological data have attributed these settlements to migrants from the Fertile Crescent in the Near East returning during the Egyptian and North African Neolithic, bringing agriculture to the region.

And some of these similarities are mostly displayed by the Levantine Sickle and Wheat/Barley that reached Egypt. As well as domesticated livestock including Sheep, Cattle and Goats. These were brought by intrusive Levantine migrants, they were mostly represented by E-Z830, T-L206, and perhaps some R-V88 and G-M201.
    Last edited by Lupriac; 01-30-2019 at 08:42 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lupriac For This Useful Post:

Rami (01-29-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-Y37518
    mtDNA (M)
    F2f
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-L584
    mtDNA (P)
    M9a1b1

Azerbaijan Iran Safavid Empire
    Rami, salam!
    Yes, E-V65 is typical for Maghreeb countries and in Egypt it occurred relatively later. It formed ~8000 years ago, but most recent common ancestor of all living and tested persons lived just 2800 years ago.
    The same age has E-M81, Berber lineage.

IMHO, the reason of mass death was cataclysm.
    I talked about Atlantis legend.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    North Africa
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M35-E-M78-E-V65

Tunisia
    E-v65 is perhaps the more indigenous clade in North Africa with its sister clade V12, it wouldn't be suprising if V65 is very ancient along the Nile ..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jof2311 For This Useful Post:

NetNomad (03-06-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Egyptian Copt
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M78 (E-V22)
    mtDNA (M)
    T1a7
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-M78 (E-PF3198)
    mtDNA (P)
    M1a1

Egypt Australia
    There is no evidences suggesting that E-V65 is "maghrebi" in origins .
    E-V65 as well as the whole other E-V68 clades expect maybe E-V13 is strongly native to Egypt (largest percentages / largest diversity) ever found for them both is existing in Egypt ; just as soon as the upper / lower egyptian districts is deeply tested we will have the full picture ; Until then tho it's safe to say the previous conclusion based on Fregel et al 2009 / 2011 studies (of which the haplogroup predictor cites showed thier guanech mummies carrying both of E-V12 and E-V65) that suggests that both clades migrated together from thier place of origins .. which is "Egypt" (remember the guanech did practice mumification that the Berbers didn't) ; without mentioning that Nautaufians carried rare E-M35 clades (and they are archaeologicaly partially descendant from the egyptian harifians of upper Egypt)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to The Saite For This Useful Post:

NetNomad (03-06-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Palestinian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M78 > E-V65
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a18

Palestine Jordan
    this haplogroup is North African originated, it has a sister clade found in North Lake Chad called E-Y161041,
    both E-V65 and E-Y161041 are 8700 years old and both are branched out of E-Z22639 son of E-Z1902 son of E-M78 which is found in Tafoghalt Morocco aged 13,500 calBCE
    so, it is TYPICAL NORTH AFRICAN.

Being in Egypt, means it could be due migrations from west to east, and to determine your exact migration path, you need to do further tests to determine in which time had your ancestors migrated to Egypt.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ashraff For This Useful Post:

Ibn Ali1174 (07-29-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast