Page 148 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1507

Thread: Big Y-700

  1. #1471
    Registered Users
    Posts
    64
    Sex
    Location
    Rutland, UK
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    U152-L135

    "I'm not sure when we last sent them a kit, I wonder if we should send them a new one now just to forestall any new disasters."

    I had this problem and I suggested to them that after one failure they should immediately contact the purchaser to give them the option to purchase a new kit (not test!) if they are willing, thereby saving time. It could be a situation where someone dies (god forbid) before they get round to offering a new kit. I prefer to pay and get prepared for a third QC failure than wait for months and then find a no go. Another point is that it was predictable in my case as my sample had been used several times for incremental. and mt and at DNA tests so the DNA was probably exhausted by then. So, in short suggest you are prepared to pay for a new kit pack to be sent to you now (not the full cost of a new test!) if they are agreeable. I have just heard of someone chronically ill whose test failed for the third time after waiting over 6 months. They have now sent a new kit at FTDNA expense. I'd prefer to pay for a new one and get it earlier. I wonder just how many tests succeed on the third test from a sample after failing the previous two?

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iceni For This Useful Post:

     Dewsloth (05-14-2021),  JMcB (05-14-2021)

  3. #1472
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,649
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    LebaGermish
    Y-DNA (P)
    P312>DF19>DF88
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a1e
    Y-DNA (M)
    J2a1 Z6065>Y7708>M47
    mtDNA (P)
    H1j

    United States of America Lebanon Germany United Kingdom Belgium Switzerland
    I called them and they are going to send him a new test kit, but also keep running the current re-test. So somewhere between another 12 weeks and another 6 months
    R1b>M269>L23>L51>L11>P312>DF19>DF88>FGC11833 >S4281>S4268>Z17112>BY44243

    Ancestors: Francis Cooke (M223/I2a2a) b1583; Hester Mahieu (Cooke) (J1c2 mtDNA) b.1584; Richard Warren (E-M35) b1578; Elizabeth Walker (Warren) (H1j mtDNA) b1583;
    John Mead (I2a1/P37.2) b1634; Rev. Joseph Hull (I1, L1301+ L1302-) b1595; Benjamin Harrington (M223/I2a2a-Y5729) b1618; Joshua Griffith (L21>DF13) b1593;
    John Wing (U106) b1584; Thomas Gunn (DF19) b1605; Hermann Wilhelm (DF19) b1635

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dewsloth For This Useful Post:

     Iceni (05-14-2021),  Jatt1 (05-15-2021),  JMcB (05-14-2021)

  5. #1473
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,908
    Sex
    Location
    Florida, USA.
    Ethnicity
    English, Scottish & Irish
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-FT80854
    mtDNA (M)
    H1e2
    mtDNA (P)
    K1

    England Scotland Ireland Germany Bayern Italy Two Sicilies France
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceni View Post
    "I'm not sure when we last sent them a kit, I wonder if we should send them a new one now just to forestall any new disasters."

    I had this problem and I suggested to them that after one failure they should immediately contact the purchaser to give them the option to purchase a new kit (not test!) if they are willing, thereby saving time. It could be a situation where someone dies (god forbid) before they get round to offering a new kit. I prefer to pay and get prepared for a third QC failure than wait for months and then find a no go. Another point is that it was predictable in my case as my sample had been used several times for incremental. and mt and at DNA tests so the DNA was probably exhausted by then. So, in short suggest you are prepared to pay for a new kit pack to be sent to you now (not the full cost of a new test!) if they are agreeable. I have just heard of someone chronically ill whose test failed for the third time after waiting over 6 months. They have now sent a new kit at FTDNA expense. I'd prefer to pay for a new one and get it earlier. I wonder just how many tests succeed on the third test from a sample after failing the previous two?

    Hello Iceni,

    Do you remember what the shipping times were like when you ordered your original test? I just sponsored a test for a match who lives in England and I’m trying to gauge how long everything is going to take. More or less.

    In our case, Family Tree sent us an email right away, saying they would have to mail out a new kit because the person’s sample was over two years old. Which, considering some of the cases above, I’m glad to hear.



    Good luck, Dewsloth! I hope it’s smooth sailing from here on in!
    Paper Trail: 42.25% English, 31.25% Scottish, 12.5% Irish, 6.25% German, 6.25% Sicilian & 1.5% French. Or: 86% British Isles, 6.25% German, 6.25% Sicilian & 1.5% French.
    LDNA(c): 86.3% British Isles (48.6% English, 37.7% Scottish & Irish), 7.8% NW Germanic, 5.9% Europe South (Aegean 3.4%, Tuscany 1.3%, Sardinia 1.1%)
    BigY 700: I1-Z140 >I-F2642 >Y1966 >Y3649 >A13241 >Y3647 >A13248 (circa 620 AD) >A13242/YSEQ (circa 765 AD) >FT80854 (circa 1650 AD).

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JMcB For This Useful Post:

     deadly77 (05-14-2021),  Dewsloth (05-14-2021)

  7. #1474
    Registered Users
    Posts
    64
    Sex
    Location
    Rutland, UK
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    U152-L135

    Quote Originally Posted by JMcB View Post
    Hello Iceni,

    Do you remember what the shipping times were like when you ordered your original test? I just sponsored a test for a match who lives in England and I’m trying to gauge how long everything is going to take. More or less.

    In our case, Family Tree sent us an email right away, saying they would have to mail out a new kit because the person’s sample was over two years old. Which, considering some of the cases above, I’m glad to hear. Hello Iceni,

    Do you remember what the shipping times were like when you ordered your original test? I just sponsored a test for a match who lives in England and I’m trying to gauge how long everything is going to take. More or less.
    JMcB -

    The test I was referring to for everyone's information I ordered it 28 Mar 2019. Batched 01 Apr 2019 Completed 08 Nov 2019. This was an upgrade from BIG Y 500. It was 27 Aug 2019 when I replied to them immediately after they informed me a new sample would be required.

    To answer your specific question, I have ordered several Big Y s for UK people. The kit usually takes about 10-14 days to arrive over here and about the same to arrive back at FTDNA, though sometimes the latter can go into a third week. After that, of course, it is all in the lap of the gods.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Iceni For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (05-14-2021)

  9. #1475
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,908
    Sex
    Location
    Florida, USA.
    Ethnicity
    English, Scottish & Irish
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-FT80854
    mtDNA (M)
    H1e2
    mtDNA (P)
    K1

    England Scotland Ireland Germany Bayern Italy Two Sicilies France
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceni View Post
    JMcB -

    The test I was referring to for everyone's information I ordered it 28 Mar 2019. Batched 01 Apr 2019 Completed 08 Nov 2019. This was an upgrade from BIG Y 500. It was 27 Aug 2019 when I replied to them immediately after they informed me a new sample would be required.

    To answer your specific question, I have ordered several Big Y s for UK people. The kit usually takes about 10-14 days to arrive over here and about the same to arrive back at FTDNA, though sometimes the latter can go into a third week. After that, of course, it is all in the lap of the gods.

    Thank you, Iceni, that’s good to know! Hopefully, my match will handle things in a timely fashion.
    Paper Trail: 42.25% English, 31.25% Scottish, 12.5% Irish, 6.25% German, 6.25% Sicilian & 1.5% French. Or: 86% British Isles, 6.25% German, 6.25% Sicilian & 1.5% French.
    LDNA(c): 86.3% British Isles (48.6% English, 37.7% Scottish & Irish), 7.8% NW Germanic, 5.9% Europe South (Aegean 3.4%, Tuscany 1.3%, Sardinia 1.1%)
    BigY 700: I1-Z140 >I-F2642 >Y1966 >Y3649 >A13241 >Y3647 >A13248 (circa 620 AD) >A13242/YSEQ (circa 765 AD) >FT80854 (circa 1650 AD).

  10. #1476
    Registered Users
    Posts
    362
    Sex
    Location
    Auvergne, France
    Ethnicity
    "Arvern"
    Nationality
    French
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2-DF103-FT21550
    mtDNA (M)
    H1bm

    European Union France
    Big Y ordered Feb. 19, 2021. Batched Feb. 22. Completed May 9th, 2021. I am now R-FT21550, two levels below my former L2 > DF103/FGC4183/S14469.

    So in my case FTDNA were true to their word and kept their deadlines.
    Immi uiros rios toutias rias
     
    ___ Paper trail since 1550 : 100% South Auvergne, France ___
    Distance: 1.510% : 50.0 German , 50.0 Spanish Castilla .... Distance: 1.453% : 50.4 Swiss German , 49.6 Spanish Barcelona
    Distance: 1.659% : 50.2 Scottish , 49.8 French Corsica...... Distance: 1.714% : 50.8 Italian Lombardy , 49.2 French Brittany
    Distance: 1.959% : 50.8 Irish , 49.2 Italian Tuscany ......... Distance: 2.189% : 50.8 Dutch , 49.2 Basque French

  11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Andour For This Useful Post:

     Dalluin (05-24-2021),  Dewsloth (05-15-2021),  Fitis (05-15-2021),  Garimund (05-24-2021),  JMcB (05-28-2021),  mokordo (05-23-2021),  TigerMW (05-21-2021)

  12. #1477
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,566
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-BY27340
    mtDNA (M)
    H1q2

    Spain Basque Andalucia
    Big Y-700 Ordered 03/17/2021
    Big Y-700 Batched 03/22/2021
    Big Y-700 Completed 05/28/2021
    Yesterday night I saw my R-M198 (got with an Y111) changed to R-BY27340, and today I saw an FTDNA Email saying my FTDNA results were ready ( not exact sentence because most of the results, matches etc are received for weeks).

    So just now I am: R1a-Z282>Z91(Z280)>YP5000>R-BY27340

    I saw an Austrian guy with YP5000 and 2 Germans with my R-BY27340, but no matches yet.

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mokordo For This Useful Post:

     Dalluin (05-28-2021),  Dewsloth (05-28-2021),  JMcB (05-28-2021),  Luso (06-11-2021)

  14. #1478
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,649
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    LebaGermish
    Y-DNA (P)
    P312>DF19>DF88
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a1e
    Y-DNA (M)
    J2a1 Z6065>Y7708>M47
    mtDNA (P)
    H1j

    United States of America Lebanon Germany United Kingdom Belgium Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewsloth View Post
    They've been "analyzing the data" on my dad's kit since March 1; currently batch 1173 "expected" 05/31/2021 - 06/14/2021 :yawn:

    If I see his haplogroup change to something more specific from R-S4281, I'll post so we can see how long the lag is.
    Okay, start the clock. His initial results came in this morning on the second run of his kit.

    Right now he doesn't show any non-matching variants, and no specific new ones that just he and I share (but my other closest match who's 500+ years distant doesn't) other than the raw number of 893536 shared variants.

    Edit: In the STR section, Genetic Distance: 2 (from Y111); Big Y STR difference: 0 of 620.
    Last edited by Dewsloth; 06-11-2021 at 02:15 PM.
    R1b>M269>L23>L51>L11>P312>DF19>DF88>FGC11833 >S4281>S4268>Z17112>BY44243

    Ancestors: Francis Cooke (M223/I2a2a) b1583; Hester Mahieu (Cooke) (J1c2 mtDNA) b.1584; Richard Warren (E-M35) b1578; Elizabeth Walker (Warren) (H1j mtDNA) b1583;
    John Mead (I2a1/P37.2) b1634; Rev. Joseph Hull (I1, L1301+ L1302-) b1595; Benjamin Harrington (M223/I2a2a-Y5729) b1618; Joshua Griffith (L21>DF13) b1593;
    John Wing (U106) b1584; Thomas Gunn (DF19) b1605; Hermann Wilhelm (DF19) b1635

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dewsloth For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (06-11-2021),  Robert McBride (06-11-2021)

  16. #1479
    Registered Users
    Posts
    165
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-M167/SRY2627
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a1a1-T152C!

    United States of America Canada
    My Big Y came back as completed today. Mailed it in on April 13th. I've gotten some STR results back earlier, but overall this seems faster than their estimate was.

    I didn't have high hopes for matches, but was slightly hopeful there may be something. Unfortunately I have no Big Y matches, and the only matches at any level so far are 5 matches listed as GD 2 at 25 marker level and 47 matches at the 12 marker level.

    Time to reach out to folks that should be related by tree and see if they're interested in testing. Oh, they confirmed my haplogroup as R-BY15235.

    Editing to add, I also apparently have 40 private variants.
    Last edited by linthos; 06-11-2021 at 09:03 PM.
    Paper Trail - Primarily French Canadian and Scottish (through Canada), after that there is English, Portuguese, German, and a small amount of Native American.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linthos For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (06-11-2021),  Luso (06-11-2021)

  18. #1480
    Registered Users
    Posts
    307
    Sex
    Location
    New York
    Ethnicity
    Southern Portuguese
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z225
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c3
    mtDNA (P)
    H5a

    United States of America Portugal Portugal Order of Christ
    would this test help me pinpoint my y-dna clade? It's a lot of money so not sure if I should buy it or not.
    [1] "distance%=1.4173"

    Luso

    NW_Iberia_IA,77
    Roman_Colonial,12
    ITA_Sardinia_C_o,7.6
    Berber_EMA,3.4

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Luso For This Useful Post:

     JMcB (06-11-2021)

Page 148 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •