Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1
    mtDNA (M)
    M13'46'61

India China Tajikistan Mongolia Russian Federation Papua New Guinea

Ethnogene Results

I am really excited to share my Living DNA Ethnogene results which are the most accurate in terms of my actual ancestry and origins, I plan to now send them my Ancestry DNA, FTDNA and MyHeritage DNA raw data as well:

Overall Regional Estimates

South Asia 89.5%
    Southeast Asia 5.4%
    Oceania 3.9%
    East Asia 1.2%

Overall Region Ethnicity Sub-Regional Population Percentage
    South Asia Bengali Bangladesh 6.5%
    South Asia Bodo Kachari India (Assam) 65.8%
    Southeast Asia Bamar Northern Burma 3.4%
    South Asia Rajbongshi India (Assam, West Bengal) 8.0%
    East Asia Zhuang China (Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region) 1.2%
    Southeast Asia Vietnamese Northern Vietnam 2.0%
    South Asia Nepalese Janakpur, Sagarmatha 1.7%
    South Asia Odisha Sundargarh, Mayurbhanj 3.0%
    South Asia Uttar Pradesh, Southeastern Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi, Prayagraj 2.5%
    South Asia Rajasthani Central Rajasthan 1.0%
    South Asia Makrani Gujarat 1.0%
    Oceania Melanesian Vanuatu 3.9%

Trace Elements
    Karbi 0.98%
    Bihari 0.96%
    Khasi 0.94%
    Tibetan 0.94%
    Hmong 0.91%

Bengali Bengalis are native to Bangladesh and eastern India. From a genetic standpoint, they are
    closest to other populations within the Indian subcontinent with varying degrees of genetic
    influence from Southeast Asia.

Bodo Kachari This is a generic term used to describe a collection of ethnic groups which are native to the
    state of Assam and surrounding areas in Northeast India. Although each group is distinct,
    there is significant genetic overlap. These groups are generally intermediates between South
    Asian and Southeast Asian populations.

Bamar The Bamar are the largest ethnic group in Myanmar and are genetically closest to other
    neighboring Southeast Asian ethnic groups.

Rajbongshi The Rajbongshi people are native to eastern India and are closely related to groups within
    Assam and surrounding regions.

Zhuang The Zhuang are the largest ethnic minority in China and have historically been found within
    the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region in southern China.

Vietnamese Cambodia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam - Populations in this region form a genetic cluster
    between Oceanic groups, Melanesians, South Asians, and southern Chinese populations. They
    are all closely interrelated and due to admixture they may be difficult to tell apart on the
    genetic level.

Nepalese Nepalese are multi ethnic group and a result of migration from several different regions.
    However, they all mainly share proportions of Central Asian, East Asian, and South Asian
    genetic segments.

Odisha Odisha/Bihar- The population of these eastern Indian states tend to have an even split
    between ancestral North Indian and ancestral South Indian contribution when compared to
    other Indian regions. The South Indian genetic contribution is slightly higher however, and
    genetic matches to South Indian genetic clusters are frequently seen in these groups.

Uttar Pradesh Uttar Pradesh/ Odisha- The population of these eastern Indian states tend to have an even
    split between ancestral North Indian and ancestral South Indian contribution when compared
    to other Indian regions. The South Indian genetic contribution is slightly higher however, and
    genetic matches to South Indian genetic clusters are frequently seen in these groups.

Rajasthani Sindhi/ Punjabi/ Gujarati/ Rajasthani - These genetic clusters are all very closely related and
    varied. Geographically, they are located in parts of Northwestern India and Pakistan. However,
    there are varying degrees of admixture between populations within this area, ranging from
    predominantly Ancestral South Indian to Ancestral North Indian.

Makrani: The Makrani are descendents of Baluchs who were brought to Saurashtra as mercenaries.
    They are still distributed in the former princely states of Kathiawar. These Baluch soldiers
    came from the Makran region of Baluchistan.

Melanesian: Melanesian populations inhabit the Southwestern Pacific region and are genetically distinct
    but distantly related to Austronesian groups and Southeast Asians.

I have just sent them my FTDNA file and will follow up with Ancestry DNA and MyHeritage DNA. I have also sent them an email to check on the constituents of Bodo Kachari

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jortita For This Useful Post:

JFWinstone (04-27-2019),  kush (04-27-2019),  Mandoos (02-02-2019),  okarinaofsteiner (02-03-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assamese
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1
    mtDNA (M)
    M13'46'61

India China Tajikistan Mongolia Russian Federation Papua New Guinea
    Quote Originally Posted by jortita View Post
    I am really excited to share my Living DNA Ethnogene results which are the most accurate in terms of my actual ancestry and origins, I plan to now send them my Ancestry DNA, FTDNA and MyHeritage DNA raw data as well:

Overall Regional Estimates

South Asia 89.5%
    Southeast Asia 5.4%
    Oceania 3.9%
    East Asia 1.2%

Overall Region Ethnicity Sub-Regional Population Percentage
    South Asia Bengali Bangladesh 6.5%
    South Asia Bodo Kachari India (Assam) 65.8%
    Southeast Asia Bamar Northern Burma 3.4%
    South Asia Rajbongshi India (Assam, West Bengal) 8.0%
    East Asia Zhuang China (Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region) 1.2%
    Southeast Asia Vietnamese Northern Vietnam 2.0%
    South Asia Nepalese Janakpur, Sagarmatha 1.7%
    South Asia Odisha Sundargarh, Mayurbhanj 3.0%
    South Asia Uttar Pradesh, Southeastern Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi, Prayagraj 2.5%
    South Asia Rajasthani Central Rajasthan 1.0%
    South Asia Makrani Gujarat 1.0%
    Oceania Melanesian Vanuatu 3.9%

Trace Elements
    Karbi 0.98%
    Bihari 0.96%
    Khasi 0.94%
    Tibetan 0.94%
    Hmong 0.91%

Bengali Bengalis are native to Bangladesh and eastern India. From a genetic standpoint, they are
    closest to other populations within the Indian subcontinent with varying degrees of genetic
    influence from Southeast Asia.

Bodo Kachari This is a generic term used to describe a collection of ethnic groups which are native to the
    state of Assam and surrounding areas in Northeast India. Although each group is distinct,
    there is significant genetic overlap. These groups are generally intermediates between South
    Asian and Southeast Asian populations.

Bamar The Bamar are the largest ethnic group in Myanmar and are genetically closest to other
    neighboring Southeast Asian ethnic groups.

Rajbongshi The Rajbongshi people are native to eastern India and are closely related to groups within
    Assam and surrounding regions.

Zhuang The Zhuang are the largest ethnic minority in China and have historically been found within
    the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region in southern China.

Vietnamese Cambodia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam - Populations in this region form a genetic cluster
    between Oceanic groups, Melanesians, South Asians, and southern Chinese populations. They
    are all closely interrelated and due to admixture they may be difficult to tell apart on the
    genetic level.

Nepalese Nepalese are multi ethnic group and a result of migration from several different regions.
    However, they all mainly share proportions of Central Asian, East Asian, and South Asian
    genetic segments.

Odisha Odisha/Bihar- The population of these eastern Indian states tend to have an even split
    between ancestral North Indian and ancestral South Indian contribution when compared to
    other Indian regions. The South Indian genetic contribution is slightly higher however, and

Uttar Pradesh Uttar Pradesh/ Odisha- The population of these eastern Indian states tend to have an even
    split between ancestral North Indian and ancestral South Indian contribution when compared
    to other Indian regions. The South Indian genetic contribution is slightly higher however, and

Rajasthani Sindhi/ Punjabi/ Gujarati/ Rajasthani - These genetic clusters are all very closely related and
    varied. Geographically, they are located in parts of Northwestern India and Pakistan. However,
    there are varying degrees of admixture between populations within this area, ranging from
    predominantly Ancestral South Indian to Ancestral North Indian.

Makrani: The Makrani are descendents of Baluchs who were brought to Saurashtra as mercenaries.
    They are still distributed in the former princely states of Kathiawar. These Baluch soldiers
    came from the Makran region of Baluchistan.

Melanesian: Melanesian populations inhabit the Southwestern Pacific region and are genetically distinct
    but distantly related to Austronesian groups and Southeast Asians.

I have just sent them my FTDNA file and will follow up with Ancestry DNA and MyHeritage DNA. I have also sent them an email to check on the constituents of Bodo Kachari
    Response from Ethnogene

Thank your for your positive feedback. The Bodo Kachari classification is broad and can be extended to several tribal groups which have similar genetic markers within Assam and neighboring regions. These include, but are not limited to, the Ahom, Deuri, Thengal Kachari, Dimasa Kachari, Tiprasa, Rabha, Tiwa, and Phulgaria.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jortita For This Useful Post:

tomz (06-12-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Nationality
    English
    Y-DNA (P)
    Possibly R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    H1a3a1

England North of England Ireland Scotland Germany Romani Star of David
    I too am extremely pleased with my Ethnogene results. They go back at least a thousand years, taking into account Viking and Saxon migration patterns as well as that of the Romani.

However, my South Asian is just "Western Indian". No breakdown, although I suspect it to originate in what is now the Punjab and Sindh given my DNA Land results and GEDmatch oracles.
    Ethnogene (most accurate so far IMO): Frisian 2.8%, Scottish 19.2%, Welsh 2.4%, English 29.0%, Irish 31.7%, Cornish 1.9%, Irish Traveller 4.0%, French 2.6%, Dutch 1.0%, German 1.8%, Western Indian 1.1%, Central/Southern Ashkenazi 1.0%, Norwegian 1.5%

Interests: Population genetics (especially pertaining to Romani and Jewish populations and the intersections between them), making music, making art, writing, Sheffield United FC.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mildlycurly For This Useful Post:

tomz (06-12-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Nationality
    British

United Kingdom Netherlands Mauritius Madagascar India China Qing Dynasty
    Looks interesting, will try to upload to them when they are accepting uploads.
    Ethnogene: 51.4% NW European, 21.6% W European, 10.1% Southeastern African, 9.5% Southeast Asian, 4.4% South Asian, 2% Scandinavian, 1% East African
    Papertrail: 75% NW European, 25% Mauritian Creole

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    1/2 Ilocano 1/2 Tagalog
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    C-M130
    mtDNA (M)
    B4a1a

Philippines
    It wasn't very detailed or interesting for me in my case...just gave me 99% filipino, didn't really breakdown the interesting admixture at all...I guess cos they had incorporated Filipino samples into their calculator so all of my results got consumed into that category...lol lame to be totally honest

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shazou For This Useful Post:

jortita (05-01-2019)