Thread: My DNA results: Who can help me?

My DNA results: Who can help me?

Hello, i am a little confused. I did the dna test with MyHeritage, and then uploaded the raw data in DNAland, gedmatch and FTDNA. The results between the companies are different. How can you explain that?... For example, acording MyHeritage i am 39,6 % iberian, but FTDA says 7%. In MyHeritage i dont have anything italian or north african, and y have more than 60% italian ancestry, part of it from sicily.
    I will tell you about me and show my results to see what you think.
    All my ancestors, as far as i know are italians and spaniards. I have one grandfather 100% sicilian, one grandmother 100% north italian, one grandfather 100% spaniard (half from Asturias and half Basque country), and one grandmother half sapniard (León) and half italian (i don´t know the region).

My results:

Myh.jpg
    DNAland.jpg
    Gedmatch.jpg
    FTDNA.jpg

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Romanised Paesuri
    Nationality
    Portuguese
    Y-DNA
    E-Y168273
    mtDNA
    H20 (H20c?)

Asturias Portugal 1143 Portugal 1485 Portugal Order of Christ
    The best way to compare results is to use the same models as everyone else, eurogenes k13 and k15 are very popular for starters, perhaps you could check yours and compare them with other people with a similar ethnick background.
    YDNA - E-Y31991>PF4428>E-Y134097>E-Y168273 (probably Scythian-Sarmatian). Domingos Rodrigues, b. circa 1680 Hidden Content , Viana do Castelo, Portugal
    mtDNA - H20. Maria Josefa de Almeida, b. circa 1750 Hidden Content , Porto, Portugal

Global25 PCA West Eurasia dataset Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

[1] "distance%=1.7726"

Ruderico

Celtiberian,77.6
    Roman_Imperial_proxy,13.6
    Guanche,8.8

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Latinoamerican
    Nationality
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-M241

Quote Originally Posted by Trueno View Post
    Hello, i am a little confused. I did the dna test with MyHeritage, and then uploaded the raw data in DNAland, gedmatch and FTDNA. The results between the companies are different. How can you explain that?... For example, acording MyHeritage i am 39,6 % iberian, but FTDA says 7%. In MyHeritage i dont have anything italian or north african, and y have more than 60% italian ancestry, part of it from sicily.
    I will tell you about me and show my results to see what you think.
    All my ancestors, as far as i know are italians and spaniards. I have one grandfather 100% sicilian, one grandmother 100% north italian, one grandfather 100% spaniard (half from Asturias and half Basque country), and one grandmother half sapniard (León) and half italian (i don´t know the region).

My results:

Myh.jpg
    DNAland.jpg
    Gedmatch.jpg
    FTDNA.jpg
    I hope you already checked more info. This thread seems to be old but I just wanted to give you an advice . I agree with Ruderico. You just need to go to Gedmatch and run Eurogenes K13 y K15. This will not give you your ancestors but the actual admiture you inherited.
    The Ancestry determination is base on reference samples selected by every company that means that there could be differences between companies, anyway in this case it seems to be way too off .