Thread: PF7263 From Iraq

Registered Users
    Sex

PF7263 From Iraq

So I completed my FTDNA Y-111 markers test and after plugging it into nevgen got a predicted haplogroup of J-PF7263. My question is what exactly is the history of PF7263 and is it native to Iraq? Also what should I do now in regards to testing?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    J1
    mtDNA
    K1a10a

United States of America England
    Yes, it is native to northern Iraq and the surrounding area. It is very old. You can see it on a tree at https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-ZS4416/ where PF7263 is the same as J-ZS4416.

Sorry but I can't advise on further testing. FTDNA's BigY is very expensive, takes a long time, and is hard to interpret. Many people buy BigY and send the results to www.yfull.com for a better interpretation. It take a long time too.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Y-DNA
    J-L283

Albania United States of America Kosovo European Union
    Quote Originally Posted by J1 DYS388=13 View Post
    Yes, it is native to northern Iraq and the surrounding area. It is very old. You can see it on a tree at https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-ZS4416/ where PF7263 is the same as J-ZS4416.

Sorry but I can't advise on further testing. FTDNA's BigY is very expensive, takes a long time, and is hard to interpret. Many people buy BigY and send the results to www.yfull.com for a better interpretation. It take a long time too.
    There is also some Balkanites who are J1-PF7263, and some haplotypes are far from each other. Furthermore, on YFull there is two samples from Italy on parallel clades. Curious to hear if you have a theory on how it came to the Balkans/Europe...

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    J1
    mtDNA
    K1a10a

United States of America England
    The branches of J1-PF7263 have a TMRCA of 3400 years, so I would assume dispersal during the Bronze or Iron Ages.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Kassitic acolyte
    Y-DNA
    J1a1b1a1(J-PF7263)
    mtDNA
    J2b1

J-PF7263 is confirmed to be the predominant J1 lineage of feyli tribes in ilam. Literally every J1 match that ive seen so far has belonged exclusively to J-PF7263. Elsewhere its found in europe, amongst ashkenazi jews, central asians. Its really hard to say where it orginated without more archaeogenetic findings related to Y-DNA in the zagros. If i had to speculate I would assume its branch off chalocolithic-iranian expansions, which spread J1 around west-asia. PF7263 would remain however isolated in the zagros mountains, until it would be spread west-wards into the levant by kassites and related peoples. Which then would spread into europe, via ashkenazi jews, after the exile of hebrews by the romans.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arbogan For This Useful Post:

palamede (05-20-2019)