Y-DNA (P)
    J-L210
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a
    mtDNA (P)
    HV1b2

Israel Jerusalem
    Quote Originally Posted by Caz57 View Post
    Sorry I am L2a1l . I believe my most current ancestry is West Africa. However my ancient ancestry has come up Askenazi Jew, Iberia ( 1400s to 1500s) and north african jew. This has come in various tests. Does the reflect in my haplogroup?
    Some Jews are L2a1l. I'm confused by what you're saying. What's the ethnicity of your earliest know matrilineal ancestor?
    הִנְנִי֩ מֵבִ֨יא אוֹתָ֜ם מֵאֶ֣רֶץ צָפ֗וֹן

Jeremiah 31

Other potential and/or likely recent lineages: J-L816, J-PF5456, E-FGC56023

Sex

Its me again. I now know more about my ancestry. To sum if up without being too direct the L2a1 l now makes more sense. Though I am primarily West African( primarily Gambian and Nigerian). ( Mandenka, Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa and Esan.) ( I seem to have Sierra Leone ( Mande), Ghana (Brong), Cameroon and Congo) it seems to be my most recent ancestry. I have done tests and read about Ancient Ancestry as per identified countries and groups. So I am outlining below but don't know the exact timeline:

Also current is India & Pakistan.

1. East African ( may be my oldest ancestry) Kenya, Tanzania and Ethiopia( ironically I have been told many times in my life that I look Ethiopian).
    2. I also have Bantu ( East and South Africa)
    3. North Africa( Morocco, Egyptian, Algeria- Mozabites & Bedouins, Libya & Tunsia)
    3, Near East ( Jordan and Samaria, Palestine, Syria and Lebanon)
    4. Central Asian: Uzbekistan, Khazathan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan & Turkemistan .
    5. European varies depending on the test so I am not as sure but the following as come up on a few occasions in this order: British/Irish, Russian, Spanish, Germanic, Italy,French, Sweden, Ukrainian, and other East European countries, Finland , Greece
    6. Overall my ancestry ranges from Europe, Turkey and Persia ( Iran) and even Siberia and China comes up quite often in tiny amounts.
    7. To top things off I might even by Jewish: India ( Cochin), Middle East ( Samaritans), Lemba ( South Africa), Ethiopia Jews, Ashkenazi and North African Jew. Even might be Shephardic but not sure.

This is all very confusing but I am sure this has a bearing on my haplogroup.

Sex

Hello I am not 100% sure but I think Nigeria in West African and possibly Bantu. My grandmother was half Indian/Pakistan , Afghanistan and Central Asia. THere is also Iberian and possibly Eastern European.... the latter I am not sure about.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by HelioSun View Post
    My maternal great-grandmother's mtDNA was L2a1l. She was Ashkenazi and her family came from Eastern Europe but she was very dark skinned and could pass as a North African Jew or Mizrachi Jew. However, 23andme says L2a1l is from Bantu people in Africa, and I have not been able to find much about this lineage other than that. So is this lineage actually from Africa?
    You may have your answer here, post #2. https://anthrogenica.com/showthread....alysis-from-so

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-L210
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a
    mtDNA (P)
    HV1b2

Israel Jerusalem
    Quote Originally Posted by Jatt1 View Post
    You may have your answer here, post #2. https://anthrogenica.com/showthread....alysis-from-so
    I didn't see anything there. Highly doubt that clade will be found in Eneolithic Poland.

Jeremiah 31

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by StillWater View Post
    I didn't see anything there. Highly doubt that clade will be found in Eneolithic Poland.
    It doesn't have to be the same clade, this it to show that L is present there even in those times.

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-L210
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a
    mtDNA (P)
    HV1b2

Israel Jerusalem
    Quote Originally Posted by Jatt1 View Post
    It doesn't have to be the same clade, this it to show that L is present there even in those times.
    That doesn't raise the probability of L2a1 being present there in even ancient times. Its presence if Poland is from Jews.
    Last edited by StillWater; 04-18-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Jeremiah 31

Sex

Hello

Tests showing my ancient ancestry have stated I am Asian, European and African Jewish. Might that explain my lineage?

Registered Users
    Sex

Possibly. Ashkenazi Jews have African genes from admixutre thousands of years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12