British and Irish
    Nationality
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    E-Y45878
    mtDNA
    H67

United Kingdom Scotland England Ireland
    I have auto clustering but not theories. There's just 108 dna matches in auto clustering ( 15cMs or over) .
    Please support Mental health research and world community grid

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firemonkey For This Useful Post:

sgdavies@hotmail.com (03-01-2019),  timberwolf (03-01-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Welsh,+ flags
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    R1a- Z283 - Y128147
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1a

Wales Scotland Ireland Cornwall United Kingdom
    Relativity works, by using people’s family tree’s I think, good idea, and correlating “cm”, matching. Have Clicked to Generate auto clustering, for me at least seems free.
    Gedmatch
    Kit Num: M129412, QA3736362
    23andme
    Hidden Content
    LivingDNA
    Hidden Content

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgdavies@hotmail.com For This Useful Post:

timberwolf (03-01-2019),  vettor (03-01-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Nationality
    British

United Kingdom Netherlands Mauritius Madagascar India China
    It looks like mum has 2 matches with theories, both descendants of the same couple. One of them is a match on Ancestry and we knew the common ancestors for that person. Dad and I don't have any.
    3/4 European, 1/4 Mauritian Creole. Genealogy enthusiast and Wow nerd.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JFWinstone For This Useful Post:

sgdavies@hotmail.com (03-01-2019)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    E-Y45878
    mtDNA
    H67

United Kingdom Scotland England Ireland
    My father and I have 2 theories of relativity. Both are 20% . Both are total bunkum.
    Please support Mental health research and world community grid

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

8. The Following User Says Thank You to firemonkey For This Useful Post:

timberwolf (03-01-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    White British
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    R1b (FGC5494)
    mtDNA
    Not tested

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey View Post
    I have auto clustering but not theories. There's just 108 dna matches in auto clustering ( 15cMs or over) .
    It looks like they change the thresholds for different people.

For my father's autocluster the read me says:

Your AutoCluster analysis was generated using thresholds of 25 cM (minimum) and 350 cM (maximum). In addition, DNA Matches were required to share at least 25 cM with one another in order to be indicated with a colored or gray cell. A total number of 97 DNA Matches ended up in 30 clusters in the final analysis.

However, for my mother's autocluster the read me says:

Your AutoCluster analysis was generated using thresholds of 25 cM (minimum) and 350 cM (maximum). In addition, DNA Matches were required to share at least 20 cM with one another in order to be indicated with a colored or gray cell. A total number of 76 DNA Matches ended up in 15 clusters in the final analysis.

And for my autocluster the readme says:

Your AutoCluster analysis was generated using thresholds of 25 cM (minimum) and 350 cM (maximum). In addition, DNA Matches were required to share at least 10 cM with one another in order to be indicated with a colored or gray cell. A total number of 90 DNA Matches ended up in 24 clusters in the final analysis.

So it seems like they change the settings to try and get around 50-100 people in the final analysis

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loderingo For This Useful Post:

Nqp15hhu (06-24-2019),  Saetro (03-04-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    European
    Y-DNA
    DF27 > Z195

Netherlands Germany Belgium France Scotland Switzerland
    I have both new features, but the auto clustering has not completed yet after approximately 24 hours.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to miremont For This Useful Post:

JFWinstone (03-01-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Nationality
    Irish
    Y-DNA
    R-BY3440-Y160102
    mtDNA
    H6a1b2f

Ireland
    There are 3 theories of relativity for me.
    1. My dad's second cousin with the correct predicted relationship with 88% confidence.
    2. My dad's third cousin correctly predicted with 80% confidence.
    3. My 5th cousin correctly predicted with 97% confidence (also on my dad's side). I knew the match but didn't ever fully look into the connection.
    The theories are just based on family trees.

My dad has 10 theories.
    1. The first is his second cousin again (88%).
    2. A 4th cousin of my dad (92% confidence). Another match where I had an idea of the connection but never confirmed it.
    3. The third is the 5th cousin of me above (97%).
    4. A 4th cousin once removed of my dad who is the daughter of 2. (92%).
    5. My dad's third cousin in my list at 2. (80%).
    6. A 4th cousin with 52% confidence. I didn't have her in my tree before this.
    7. This is the first one that doesn't seem correct with 25% confidence. It has a person born in Boyle in a family tree as being the same woman born in Cork in 1911. Her father born in Cork is recorded as the same person born in Mayo. His grandparents happen to have the same names as my 3x great grandparents but are from Bohola in Mayo. I don't know how I connect to this match. They're a 19.9 cM match.
    8. This one is also incorrect with 25% confidence. It has my 2x great grandmother appearing as the same woman in another tree despite having different surnames and one born in Roscommon and the other in Kerry. They're a 18.8 cM match.
    9. This is also wrong with 30% confidence. This match is made to connect to the same couple as 7. The problem MyHeritage connect his Michael as the same person as Michael Patrick. However, in the case of 7. they made Michael Patrick the same person as a person named Patrick. He's a 8.1 cM match.
    10. This one is also wrong. It has 20% confidence. It claims 2x great grandmother is the same woman born to a man born in Jefferson County, Georgia. They're a 13 cM match. I don't know where the connection is but we do have a common surname of Fleming but their family were from Antrim in 1750 and with names like Samuel I don't think that's the connection.
    The first 6 were right and I did find new connections but I think I also got a bit of a headache trying to figure how they were linking up.

My mum has no theories. She only has two lines that had lots of descendants going back to the late 1700s.

My great aunt has 4 theories. She gets 1., 6., 2. in my dad's list.
    She also gets an extra match with 20% confidence. They actually give me a couple as predicted ancestors who I thought could have been my ancestors before. They're from the neighbouring townland where my 3x great grandfather was from. The couple also had a son with the same name as my ancestor so I thought that it could have been him. I think that the reason they're a predicted match is because a lady trying to figure her biological father has added loads of trees together and that couple were in her tree. I told her why I no longer think that they're my ancestors but were never removed. It didn't really bother me because the tree on Ancestry is private but it seems she has another tree on MyHeritage that doesn't seem to be private. I didn't realise that I matched a descendant of this couple on MyHeritage. I match another one on Ancestry. However, they got a descendant to do a Y-DNA test and we have a common ancestor around 1226 AD but no more recent than that unless the descendant they got to test wasn't actually a descendant of the couple. I think it is just a coincidence that there are common names, living around the one area and are autosomal DNA matches though.

I've requested the auto-clustering so that should be interesting.
    Ancestry: Ireland (Paper trail ≅ 81.25% Roscommon, 12.5% Galway, 6.25% Mayo)
    Paternal ancestor (Y): Kelly b. c1830 in Co. Roscommon (Uí Maine)
    Father's mtDNA: Fleming b. c1831 in Co. Roscommon (H27e1)
    Maternal ancestor (mt): McDermott b. c1814 in Co. Roscommon
    Paternal great grandfather (mt): Connella b. c1798 in Co. Roscommon (T2a1a8)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA
    T1a2b- Z19945
    mtDNA
    H95a1

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Austria Tirol Australia Eureka
    my auto clustering is at 10cm ....total 100 matches
    first cousin also at 10cm......she has 34 matches in group 1 .......total 80 matches
    and my wife at 15cm ....total 96 matches
    Last edited by vettor; 03-01-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Father's Mtdna .........T2b17
    Grandfather's Mtdna .......T1a1e
    Sons Mtdna .......K1a4o
    Maternal Grandfather paternal......I1d1-P109
    Maternal side Grandfather .......R1b-S8172
    Wife's Ydna .....R1a-Z282

My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, Y70078+ )

15. The Following User Says Thank You to vettor For This Useful Post:

Saetro (03-04-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    White British
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    R1b (FGC5494)
    mtDNA
    Not tested

Quote Originally Posted by FionnSneachta View Post
    There are 3 theories of relativity for me.
    1. My dad's second cousin with the correct predicted relationship with 88% confidence.
    2. My dad's third cousin correctly predicted with 80% confidence.
    3. My 5th cousin correctly predicted with 97% confidence (also on my dad's side). I knew the match but didn't ever fully look into the connection.
    The theories are just based on family trees.

My dad has 10 theories.
    1. The first is his second cousin again (88%).
    2. A 4th cousin of my dad (92% confidence). Another match where I had an idea of the connection but never confirmed it.
    3. The third is the 5th cousin of me above (97%).
    4. A 4th cousin once removed of my dad who is the daughter of 2. (92%).
    5. My dad's third cousin in my list at 2. (80%).
    6. A 4th cousin with 52% confidence. I didn't have her in my tree before this.
    7. This is the first one that doesn't seem correct with 25% confidence. It has a person born in Boyle in a family tree as being the same woman born in Cork in 1911. Her father born in Cork is recorded as the same person born in Mayo. His grandparents happen to have the same names as my 3x great grandparents but are from Bohola in Mayo. I don't know how I connect to this match. They're a 19.9 cM match.
    8. This one is also incorrect with 25% confidence. It has my 2x great grandmother appearing as the same woman in another tree despite having different surnames and one born in Roscommon and the other in Kerry. They're a 18.8 cM match.
    9. This is also wrong with 30% confidence. This match is made to connect to the same couple as 7. The problem MyHeritage connect his Michael as the same person as Michael Patrick. However, in the case of 7. they made Michael Patrick the same person as a person named Patrick. He's a 8.1 cM match.
    10. This one is also wrong. It has 20% confidence. It claims 2x great grandmother is the same woman born to a man born in Jefferson County, Georgia. They're a 13 cM match. I don't know where the connection is but we do have a common surname of Fleming but their family were from Antrim in 1750 and with names like Samuel I don't think that's the connection.
    The first 6 were right and I did find new connections but I think I also got a bit of a headache trying to figure how they were linking up.

My mum has no theories. She only has two lines that had lots of descendants going back to the late 1700s.

My great aunt has 4 theories. She gets 1., 6., 2. in my dad's list.
    She also gets an extra match with 20% confidence. They actually give me a couple as predicted ancestors who I thought could have been my ancestors before. They're from the neighbouring townland where my 3x great grandfather was from. The couple also had a son with the same name as my ancestor so I thought that it could have been him. I think that the reason they're a predicted match is because a lady trying to figure her biological father has added loads of trees together and that couple were in her tree. I told her why I no longer think that they're my ancestors but were never removed. It didn't really bother me because the tree on Ancestry is private but it seems she has another tree on MyHeritage that doesn't seem to be private. I didn't realise that I matched a descendant of this couple on MyHeritage. I match another one on Ancestry. However, they got a descendant to do a Y-DNA test and we have a common ancestor around 1226 AD but no more recent than that unless the descendant they got to test wasn't actually a descendant of the couple. I think it is just a coincidence that there are common names, living around the one area and are autosomal DNA matches though.

I've requested the auto-clustering so that should be interesting.
    It sounds like it's working reasonably well then

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey View Post
    And this 15cMs or over is the total or the minimum segment size?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast