13 GujaratiC 12.8
    14 Baloch_Iranian 14.55
    15 GujaratiD 15.1
    16 Tajik 15.21
    17 Punjabi_PJL 16.54
    18 CHG 18.77
    19 Iran_N 19.38
    20 Iranian_Mazandarani 20.51
    I feel its quite interesting when I compare my case with this fellow, I have high traces of East Asian, you take any model, while in the case of this fellow, his NE Asian is virtually half or less, than mine, and he has higher Steppe, WHG and Iran N, almost as if the low East Asian compensates for those numbers that he has.

Here is another one:

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
    1 Ancestral_North_Eurasian 40.62
    2 Natufian 28.41
    3 Ancestral_South_Eurasian 17.96
    4 East_Asian 8.88
    5 West_European_Hunter_Gartherer 4.14

Single Population Sharing:

# Population (source) Distance
    1 Punjabi 3.05
    2 GujaratiA 3.63
    3 Pathan 5.02
    4 Sindhi 5.69
    5 Kalash 6.03
    6 GujaratiB 6.13
    7 Burusho 6.89
    8 Pashtun_Afghan 9.29
    9 GujaratiC 10.57
    10 Kurd_SE 11.15
    11 GujaratiD 12.5
    12 Balochi 12.91
    13 Brahui 13.76
    14 Punjabi_PJL 13.96
    15 Makrani 15.57
    16 Tajik 15.89
    17 Baloch_Iranian 17.39
    18 Bengali 19.95
    19 CHG 21.39
    20 Iran_N 22.43

These high NE Asian numbers drag me towards the Burusho, which has been a distinct NE Pakistani Population, quite distinct from the rest of them.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Sikh Ramgarhia
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    M3a2
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y2568*

India Punjab Canada Azad Baluchistan Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahuls77 View Post
    I feel its quite interesting when I compare my case with this fellow, I have high traces of East Asian, you take any model, while in the case of this fellow, his NE Asian is virtually half or less, than mine, and he has higher Steppe, WHG and Iran N, almost as if the low East Asian compensates for those numbers that he has.

Here is another one:

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
    1 Ancestral_North_Eurasian 40.62
    2 Natufian 28.41
    3 Ancestral_South_Eurasian 17.96
    4 East_Asian 8.88
    5 West_European_Hunter_Gartherer 4.14

Single Population Sharing:

# Population (source) Distance
    1 Punjabi 3.05
    2 GujaratiA 3.63
    3 Pathan 5.02
    4 Sindhi 5.69
    5 Kalash 6.03
    6 GujaratiB 6.13
    7 Burusho 6.89
    8 Pashtun_Afghan 9.29
    9 GujaratiC 10.57
    10 Kurd_SE 11.15
    11 GujaratiD 12.5
    12 Balochi 12.91
    13 Brahui 13.76
    14 Punjabi_PJL 13.96
    15 Makrani 15.57
    16 Tajik 15.89
    17 Baloch_Iranian 17.39
    18 Bengali 19.95
    19 CHG 21.39
    20 Iran_N 22.43

These high NE Asian numbers drag me towards the Burusho, which has been a distinct NE Pakistani Population, quite distinct from the rest of them.
    I still suspect the Khatri Brahmin marriage in those regions. Those were the two prominent Hindu communities (Sometimes only) in that area, and Khatris are not looked down by Brahmins.

I have found a kit of what seems like a West Punjabi Brahmin (Surname dutt), and the fellow had decent Khatri matches. I think I posted their results in other thread.
    Deg Teg Fateh - Victory to Charity and Arms

Punjab, Punjabi, Fateh.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a

Pakistan Azad Kashmir India
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    I still suspect the Khatri Brahmin marriage in those regions. Those were the two prominent Hindu communities (Sometimes only) in that area, and Khatris are not looked down by Brahmins.

I have found a kit of what seems like a West Punjabi Brahmin (Surname dutt), and the fellow had decent Khatri matches. I think I posted their results in other thread.
    No, this was a completely different region. And caste had a more clannish character here, until after the partition, people did not look down upon one another. The only early cross-caste marriage I know of was that of one of my Mother's elder cousins, he married into the Dogras, one of Hari Singh's nieces,from his second cousin or something.

And I do not trust these gedmatch matches totally. I have a lot of fake ones, and the first one that I posted, should be closest, even as he is likely a fourth or fifth cousin, however he shows way down towards the bottom.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Sikh Ramgarhia
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    M3a2
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y2568*

India Punjab Canada Azad Baluchistan Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    No, this was a completely different region. And caste had a more clannish character here, until after the partition, people did not look down upon one another. The only early cross-caste marriage I know of was that of one of my Mother's elder cousins, he married into the Dogras, one of Hari Singh's nieces,from his second cousin or something.

And I do not trust these gedmatch matches totally. I have a lot of fake ones, and the first one that I posted, should be closest, even as he is likely a fourth or fifth cousin, however he shows way down towards the bottom.
    Here is a piece I read long time ago, from a writer who's family migrated from sialkot region. He mentioned how people changed their surnames and successfully mingled into other castes. His rajput jat mingling is spot on. There is massive overlap between two communities surnames in that whole northern punjab area.
    Deg Teg Fateh - Victory to Charity and Arms

Punjab, Punjabi, Fateh.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

Amber29 (03-15-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a

Here is a piece I read long time ago, from a writer who's family migrated from sialkot region. He mentioned how people changed their surnames and successfully mingled into other castes. His rajput jat mingling is spot on. There is massive overlap between two communities surnames in that whole northern punjab area.
    No and yes.

Sialkot is not a part of Northern Punjab. Pothwar or Potohar does not start until you are actually halfway into the Jehlum District.

There are a lot of incoherent narratives among the Pothwari clans, as to their origins. Especially among the ones who converted to Islam, but the ones who did not also have a lot of gaps in their own narratives, of their origins. One of the reasons is that they, especially the Potohari Brahmans, tend to be very lax in observing their religion, as such they had absolutely no problems in accepting the anti-brahmanist ideas of Sikhism, and many actually went along with the Gurus and several converted, including my late Grandmother's kindred clan of the Harnals, then you had the Sudans, the Issars, the Sassons, all Kahutwaywals. Potohari Brahmans, until 1947 were quite distinct from the Punjabi Brahmans and had very little in common with the traditions and beliefs of the rest of Indic country. And Potoharis used to have this concept of graayeen, which would override, caste, clan and even religious identities. And Potohari Brahmans were neither strong in their influence nor weak. They had strong bonds with their fellow villagers, regardless of caste or creed. That may give you an impression that they would marry with caste group such as the Khatris, but the fact is that this was a very unique country. My maternal clan had strong ties with the Muslim Janjuas of Kahuta, legend has it that they had a common lineage together with the Janjuas. Now that begs the question, in case they usurped a Brahman identity or if the Janjuas took up Rajput identity, or another possibility, they were basically a migrant people, who were absorbed into Hinduism and later mixed with the local Indic population.

Speaking of the Satti Rajputs of Kahuta, they claim to have a Brahman ancestor, before they converted to Islam. Likewise, the Abbasis, who claim Arabic ancestry were another Indic people. So you are right about it in a way, however there were no intermarriages until after 1947.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani - Potohar
    Nationality
    British
    mtDNA (M)
    W1c4
    mtDNA (P)
    M5a2a1a1
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2-FGC61415

Pakistan United Kingdom
    I agree I get alot of JATT and Khatri (both highest matches) from the punjab region and some brahmins and pakhtun and alot of awans (im saying whats closest to my region) - I am just so suprised by this i dont even come across RAJPUT that much only few.
    Gedmatch Kits:
    MJ1661095 Myheritage
    JZ1078191 Ancestry
    HN6848975 23andme

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Amber29 For This Useful Post:

MonkeyDLuffy (03-15-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a

Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    I agree I get alot of JATT and Khatri (both highest matches) from the punjab region and some brahmins and pakhtun and alot of awans (im saying whats closest to my region) - I am just so suprised by this i dont even come across RAJPUT that much only few.
    That is because Potoharis on the whole have more proximity to one another than they have to their caste-kindreds outside of Potohari. Caste distinctions did not exist so much in Potohar,as they do to the south of Potohar.

Talking about my family, one branh of my paternal clan converted to Islam over a hundred years ago. Too bad I couldn't get there, when I was in Islamabad, unfortunately I did not have the permit for Pindi.
    Anyhow, on FTDNA, family finder found a 5th remote cousin match for me, a Punjabi Muslim, however I have not been able to get through to her at all. I suspect she has ties to that branch of our clan. I am going to make it there,the next time I visit Pak.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani - Potohar
    Nationality
    British
    mtDNA (M)
    W1c4
    mtDNA (P)
    M5a2a1a1
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2-FGC61415

Pakistan United Kingdom
    That is because Potoharis on the whole have more proximity to one another than they have to their caste-kindreds outside of Potohari. Caste distinctions did not exist so much in Potohar,as they do to the south of Potohar.

Talking about my family, one branh of my paternal clan converted to Islam over a hundred years ago. Too bad I couldn't get there, when I was in Islamabad, unfortunately I did not have the permit for Pindi.
    Anyhow, on FTDNA, family finder found a 5th remote cousin match for me, a Punjabi Muslim, however I have not been able to get through to her at all. I suspect she has ties to that branch of our clan. I am going to make it there,the next time I visit Pak.
    I know some from my village who were sikh families went to India during partition (dad came across a sikh family who migrated from Chakwal to India while i was in hospital and started chatting he gets well happy my dad does when he finds people who have come from same area (who wouldnt hey - that connection lol)- id love to find them but i cant seem to tell no one is into geneology and all this as i am like i mean proper 'on it' serious lol - sad thing is some are very much older too....

but i think about the promixity thing you said is correct - maybe that is why i am so airhead about caste? ha
    Gedmatch Kits:
    MJ1661095 Myheritage
    JZ1078191 Ancestry
    HN6848975 23andme

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast