Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: How J-M267 ended up in Portugal?

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by lppt View Post
    Ruderico I never heard of that! So my lineage is 1786 years old! Here since 235 AD then.

Coincidence or not this coincides with the crisis of the third century. A period in which the Roman Empire nearly collapsed. Maybe my ancestor was a roman legionary and ended up by staying in Iberia.

Most likely from a north african ancestor and are you from Algarve ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cabaon For This Useful Post:

lppt (02-21-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Z27670 > BY58783

Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabaon View Post
    Most likely from a north african ancestor and are you from Algarve ?
    I'm from central Portugal. I've got one portuguese match and he has ties to the north of the country.

An african ancestor is very unlikely (but not impossible I guess). You can read "From Arabia to Iberia: A Y chromosome perspective". All the J1 cases in north Africa are all within the L222 haplogroup. Mine split way before that!
    Last edited by lppt; 02-21-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex

I'm from central Portugal. I've got one portuguese match and he has ties to the north of the country.

An african ancestor is very unlikely (but not impossible I guess). You can read "From Arabia to Iberia: A Y chromosome perspective". All the J1 cases in north Africa are all within the L222 haplogroup. Mine split way before that!
    Well I'm under J1-M267 myself and I'm moroccan. And southern portugal used to interacts a lot with north africa during the roman era :

The comparison - possible - with African epigraphic monuments (the inscription between two columns, the profusion of rosettes ...); the uniqueness of this decoration vis-à-vis other monuments known from Roman Lusitania; and the intense relations (economic, cultural ...) of the people of the Algarve coast with the African Mediterranean coasts, in Roman times and even before, rather require the adoption of the second hypothesis.
    La persistance esthétique africaine dans la décoration des monuments épigraphiques romains de l’Algarve, José d’Encarnação, p. 5 (Articles dans L'Africa Romana volume terzo)

Some guanches were already under J-M267 :

So it could have been present in North Africa during the roman era. The arab hypothesis is possible but seems very unlikely especially when we look at their numbers in comparison to North Africans.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cabaon For This Useful Post:

lppt (04-22-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Z27670 > BY58783

Portugal
    Finally I got another match (Y25). I already sent an email to the guy but no anwser yet. His surname is "Arismeni" and thats the only thing. He has not disclosed his country but he probably has roots in Iberia because of his first and second names.
    edit:
    I think that he misspelled Arismendi (Venezuela). So his surname is "Duque" and hes at Venezuela!
    Last edited by lppt; 04-22-2021 at 12:14 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lppt For This Useful Post:

RCO (04-22-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Z27670 > BY58783

Portugal
    I just uploaded my BAM file to Yfull for the STR matches. How long will it take? Also, theres an option for STR upload (csv file). Is it necessary or the BAM file already have them?

Sadly, no response yet from my FTDNA Y25 match.
    Last edited by lppt; 04-28-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Jewish & British
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-Y140446
    mtDNA (M)
    H4a1a4b2
    Y-DNA (M)
    I-Z60
    mtDNA (P)
    V7a7a2

I just uploaded my BAM file to Yfull for the STR matches. How long will it take? Also, theres an option for STR upload (csv file). Is it necessary or the BAM file already have them?

Sadly, no response yet from my FTDNA Y25 match.
    Your BAM file should already have your STRs. The first part of STR results come in after a few days, but the rest may take up to 2 months.

My avatar is paleoart of a Neanderthal child by Tom Björklund, check him out: Hidden Content

Registered Users
    Sex

Palestine Ukraine Canada Portugal United Kingdom
    Likely Sephardic ancestry

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rzak For This Useful Post:

lppt (05-15-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Z27670 > BY58783

Portugal
    My BAM results are in. I only got 1 distant STR match (UAE). I'm currently trying to reach him.

My ancestor was probably from the area around Ormuz (Safavid empire!?). Portugal owned that place for more than a century so thats reasonable.

My age estimation is being recalculated. My lineage could be older or newer than 1715 ybp, either way, in the next years, samples from that area will probably surface.

If this happens to be true, my lineage must be newer than what they calculated with my vcf file. If it is older, maybe my ancestor was a persian jew. Only time or maybe that guy from Dubai, will tell.
    Last edited by lppt; 05-15-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Z27670 > BY58783

Portugal
    Theres a new guy on the (FTDNA) block! The guy is from Syria and he is Z27670!

So, Z27682 tree has samples from Russia, Arabian Peninsula (3), China, Syria, Portugal and 3 from south america. Hoping for him to upload his sample to Yfull.

My ancestor probably got here from trades between Arabia and Iberia (before 711 AD).

Once again, jews or muslims? Theres a couple of muslims in there so thats my bet for now.

Oh boy, what a ride!

Can someone explain me why I got a (distant) STR match with the guy from UAE on Yfull but not on FTDNA?
    Last edited by lppt; 06-08-2021 at 11:47 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lppt For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (06-09-2021),  Iyyovi (06-11-2021)

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516