Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Origins of E-V22?

Origins of E-V22?

Hey, so I did a test from ancestrydna then uploaded my rawdna to Moreley and got my Y-dna group back as E-V22 so I just had a few questions since I've seen a lot of conflicted information on it. This seems to be the same Y-dna as Ramses III and other Egyptian mummies, so is this Y-dna most common in Egypt? Is it more common in certain parts of Egypt?

Thanks

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BAR123 For This Useful Post:

capsian (01-26-2021),  The Saite (01-10-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Egyptian Copt
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M78 (E-V22)
    mtDNA (M)
    T1a7
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-M78 (E-PF3198)
    mtDNA (P)
    M1a1

Egypt Australia
    A descendant of the E-Z1919 Mutation and a Sibling to the Main European based E-L618. This E-V22 Haplogroup Originated in the East Sahara of North Africa at the Egyptian Western desert sphere, with the most common recent ancestor for the Carriers around 6,300 years BC as per Yfull estimations. The West desert of Egypt, at such a time, was Green, Containing a specific human settlements with a certain archaeological behavior differed from nearby Libya but quite similar to the PPN cultures of the Levant and a Certain Mesolithic Egyptian Nile Dwellers Known as the Helwan Culture. Hence those groups furthest origins was likely in one of those two Areas. later in their History the human settlements broke and mass migrations retreated back to the Nile Valley to become what would be the Future Egyptians after some supposed extra ancestry inputs.
    Nowdays This Haplogroup represents the Majority of E-M35 sub-clades in Lower Egypt as opposite to E-V12 in Upper Egypt as the two often being seen together. It's found also in certain Sudanese and East African populations primarily around the Saho Tribe Areas and Little information is available on the ways this clade went outside Africa. Yet it's now likely was linked to Historic People of the former areas migrating rather than a Neolithic or Cooper Age dispersal. Finally worth to note that it's most Basal and rare relative E-Z1919 (non V22, non E-L618) was reported inside Africa as well.
    Last edited by The Saite; 01-10-2021 at 03:44 AM.
    Autosomal using ancient populations :
    93% Late Period Ancient Egyptian, 4% JOR_EBA, 3% GRC_Minoan_Lassithi (Just another G25's Scaled results with a Suitable fit).

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Saite For This Useful Post:

capsian (01-26-2021),  Farroukh (01-10-2021),  Lupriac (02-11-2021),  misanthropy (Today)

These were the results given by moreley, as soon as I get my 23andme results i'll see if it matches. I've read previously that several Ptolemaic era mummies, and Ramses III were E-v22 as well. So this originated in Egypt and spread downwards?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BAR123 For This Useful Post:

The Saite (01-10-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Egyptian Copt
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M78 (E-V22)
    mtDNA (M)
    T1a7
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-M78 (E-PF3198)
    mtDNA (P)
    M1a1

Egypt Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
    These were the results given by moreley, as soon as I get my 23andme results i'll see if it matches. I've read previously that several Ptolemaic era mummies, and Ramses III were E-v22 as well. So this originated in Egypt and spread downwards?
    Yes it spread downwards, the East African Based Subclade is E-V3262, I would bet the Sudanese Fulani belong to it too. Still I meet Some Sudanese who were E-V22 belonging to Ja'alin tribe under different E-L1250 branch. But those were however sure they aren't originals in the tribe but rather immigrants from Egypt.
    Autosomal using ancient populations :
    93% Late Period Ancient Egyptian, 4% JOR_EBA, 3% GRC_Minoan_Lassithi (Just another G25's Scaled results with a Suitable fit).

Thanks bro, please check DMs when you can

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>BY75676
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

Somaliland Ethiopia Adal Sultanate
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saite View Post
    Yes it spread downwards, the East African Based Subclade is E-V3262, I would bet the Sudanese Fulani belong to it too. Still I meet Some Sudanese who were E-V22 belonging to Ja'alin tribe under different E-L1250 branch. But those were however sure they aren't originals in the tribe but rather immigrants from Egypt.
    Atleast a third of the Cushitic Kenyan Pastoral male samples were E-V22 and can be found all over the Horn and SE Africa because of Cushitic migrations.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-Y37518
    mtDNA (M)
    F2f
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-L584
    mtDNA (P)
    M9a1b1

Azerbaijan Iran Safavid Empire
    I did a test from ancestrydna then uploaded my rawdna to Moreley
    Morley's predictor is too old. For more detailed data use this link:
    https://cladefinder.yseq.net/index.php

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farroukh For This Useful Post:

Lupriac (02-11-2021),  The Saite (01-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Farroukh View Post
    Morley's predictor is too old. For more detailed data use this link:
    https://cladefinder.yseq.net/index.php
    1.PNG2.PNG

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BAR123 For This Useful Post:

The Saite (01-11-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Japan United States of America South Korea
    E-V22 most likely was born in a Mesolithic Egyptian population probably either Helwan culture or Capsian culture (eastern Tunisia). It's not sure which was Proto-Afro-Asiatic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast