Thread: How can I tell if I have unbroken patrilineal descent to Iranians of Sassanian times?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Nationality
    American

Iran Sassanid Empire

How can I tell if I have unbroken patrilineal descent to Iranians of Sassanian times?

Hello, I want to figure out how to do this with the utmost certainty. Would a Y-111 help do this, or will there always be some uncertainty? Thanks.
    "distance%=2.3743 / distance=0.023743"
    Seh_Gabi_ChL 72.05 (basically, these are the Iranian farmers that mixed with the Aryans)
    Sintashta_MLBA 24.50 (basically, these are the original Aryans of Sintashta)
    Mongolian 3.45

Conclusion:: I have strong genetic continuity with Sassanids.

Gold Class Member
    Sex

Kurdistan Adygea
    Unlikely as we don't have any DNA from Sassanian royal family. All people in Iran pretty much share the same ancestry, you probably have Sassanian ancestry. But would guess Persians from Fars would have the most.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Rio de Janeiro Colonial
    Nationality
    Brazilian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1a1 FGC6064+ M365+
    mtDNA (M)
    H1ao1

Suebi Kingdom Portugal 1143 Portugal 1485 Portugal Order of Christ Brazilian Empire Brazil
    We can try to prove descendancy via the matches and bifurcations in the phylogenetic tree. If you have enough matches from an ethnicity in a given time that could be a possible explanation of the presence of your ancestor around that region or ethnohistorical affiliation. If you have Iranian matches compatible with the Iranian/Sassanian or Achaemenid or Ancient Iranian times that could serve as a possible hypothesis.
    J1 FGC5987 to FGC6175 (188 new SNPs)
    MDKAs before Colonial Brazil
    Y-DNA - Milhazes, Barcelos, Minho, Portugal.
    mtDNA - Ilha Terceira, Azores, Portugal

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RCO For This Useful Post:

Power77 (04-05-2019)