Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Ancient DNA overview

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    155
    Sex
    Omitted

    Ancient DNA overview

    In the past I often used the website of Jean Manco to look up ancient DNA samples. The website is now gone (and a saved version would not be up to date). Is there any alternative for this website? I appreciated the possibility to filter, and also the more detailed analysis of Y-haplogroups compared to what is reported in the scientific papers.
    If there is nothing available I propose we create a list ourselves to store info about samples and more detailed calls. I'm sure a lot has already been done on that (I mainly have info on E-groups myself). I tried to start something based on the samples from the recent West-Mediterranean and Iberian papers:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

    What do you think, is there extra info you would like to see on these samples? Does anyone have info on deepers calls for these samples?

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rafc For This Useful Post:

     Helen (04-06-2019),  Megalophias (04-05-2019),  Michał (04-05-2019),  Rafe (04-05-2019),  rms2 (04-06-2019)

  3. #2
    Gold Member Class
    Posts
    2,800
    Sex
    Location
    Calne,England
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    E-Y45878
    mtDNA
    H67

    United Kingdom Scotland England Ireland
    Do you have any extra info on E-Y45878 ? Yfull matches me to one other person with paternal ancestry that traces back to Cornwall.
    Please support Mental health research and world community grid

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  4. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,225
    Sex
    Omitted

    Hot off the press! Not comprehensive, but it's got 2107 ancients, which is probably the most comprehensive thing out there.
    https://reich.hms.harvard.edu/downlo...cient-dna-data
    Download the .anno file and use excel to view it.
    Collection of 14,000 d-stats: Hidden Content Part 2: Hidden Content Part 3: Hidden Content PM me for d-stats, qpadm, qpgraph, or f3-outgroup nmonte models.

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kale For This Useful Post:

     Dewsloth (04-05-2019),  Megalophias (04-05-2019),  palamede (04-05-2019),  rms2 (04-06-2019)

  6. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    58
    Sex
    Location
    SE Asia
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Nationality
    Irish
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    V

    Ireland Ireland Munster
    Quote Originally Posted by rafc View Post
    In the past I often used the website of Jean Manco to look up ancient DNA samples. The website is now gone (and a saved version would not be up to date). Is there any alternative for this website? I appreciated the possibility to filter, and also the more detailed analysis of Y-haplogroups compared to what is reported in the scientific papers.
    If there is nothing available I propose we create a list ourselves to store info about samples and more detailed calls. I'm sure a lot has already been done on that (I mainly have info on E-groups myself). I tried to start something based on the samples from the recent West-Mediterranean and Iberian papers:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

    What do you think, is there extra info you would like to see on these samples? Does anyone have info on deepers calls for these samples?
    Download this file from Reich. You should open it in excel. It has data on many samples. I go the link from http://eurogenes.blogspot.com/

    https://reichdata.hms.harvard.edu/pu...0K.clean4.anno

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garvan For This Useful Post:

     Dewsloth (04-05-2019),  Helen (04-06-2019)

  8. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    155
    Sex
    Omitted

    Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    Hot off the press! Not comprehensive, but it's got 2107 ancients, which is probably the most comprehensive thing out there.
    https://reich.hms.harvard.edu/downlo...cient-dna-data
    Download the .anno file and use excel to view it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvan View Post
    Download this file from Reich. You should open it in excel. It has data on many samples. I go the link from http://eurogenes.blogspot.com/

    https://reichdata.hms.harvard.edu/pu...0K.clean4.anno
    Thanks, that sure makes life a lot easier. I put it in the spreadsheet so it's easily accessible for everyone. I'll add details on the E-samples as far as I am aware of, and whatever I can find on the others.

Similar Threads

  1. MY GENOMIC OVERVIEW
    By Barellalee in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2018, 01:03 PM
  2. I3a overview available sequences
    By -MvD- in forum I
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-19-2018, 04:42 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2016, 04:17 PM
  4. Up - dated overview of U106 by Iain Mcdonald.
    By JohnHowellsTyrfro in forum R1b-U106
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-08-2016, 03:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •