Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: eye color spectrum

  1. #61
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,630
    Sex
    Location
    Groningen
    Ethnicity
    Northwest European
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA
    E-V22

    Netherlands
    Interesting info, from Gunter et al (2018)

    The genomic data further allowed us to study the physical appearance of SHGs (S8 Text); for instance, they show a combination of eye color varying from blue to light brown and light skin pigmentation. This is strikingly different from the WHGs—who have been suggested to have the specific combination of blue eyes and dark skin [18,20,21,23] and EHGs—who have been suggested to be brown-eyed and light-skinned [19,20]

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Finn For This Useful Post:

     rms2 (04-13-2019)

  3. #62
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,401
    Sex
    Location
    America
    Ethnicity
    North & Ionian Seas
    Nationality
    American

    England Italy Germany Scotland
    my blonde haired (dishwater blonde?) sister has eyes so brown you can barely tell where the pupil is.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JerryS. For This Useful Post:

     Finn (04-13-2019),  Ruderico (04-14-2019)

  5. #63
    Gold Member Class
    Posts
    923
    Sex
    Location
    Sarasota, Fl. USA
    Ethnicity
    Scot
    Nationality
    American Naturalized
    Y-DNA
    YP6291 R1a1a1b2a2a*
    mtDNA
    J1c

    United States of America Scotland
    Ancestrydna, FTDNA, MyHeritage

    8A9612B1-4FA1-447D-A51B-EB0AB554CC97.jpeg

    23andMe

    B5C37336-C21A-4279-8BAC-18813173569B.jpeg

    Actual color more like 23 with a diffused yellow tint.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amerijoe For This Useful Post:

     Finn (04-14-2019)

  7. #64
    Registered Users
    Posts
    91
    Sex
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Ethnicity
    NW European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a2a1a1b3c2
    mtDNA
    T2b4a

    United States of America England Wales Ireland Germany Imperial Prussia Rheinland
    I still think these blues are way too blue... or light or something. I have never seen someone with eyes like that.

  8. #65
    Gold Member Class
    Posts
    923
    Sex
    Location
    Sarasota, Fl. USA
    Ethnicity
    Scot
    Nationality
    American Naturalized
    Y-DNA
    YP6291 R1a1a1b2a2a*
    mtDNA
    J1c

    United States of America Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by aafusc2988 View Post
    I still think these blues are way too blue... or light or something. I have never seen someone with eyes like that.
    The intensity of color will vary with lighting conditions. These photos look like continuous full spectrum lighting was used. If one side of my face is shaded and the other in full sun, the coloration difference is very noticeable. More knowledgeable people can delve into the physics involved. Here is some shots that will open your eyes so to speak, enjoy.

    https://www.lightstalking.com/amazin...them-yourself/

  9. #66
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    11,105
    Sex
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R1b-FGC36981
    mtDNA
    U5a2c3a

    Wales Ireland Scotland France Bretagne England Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by aafusc2988 View Post
    I still think these blues are way too blue... or light or something. I have never seen someone with eyes like that.
    Well, my maternal grandmother had very light blue eyes that really stood out. It seems your experience is somewhat limited.

    When I was younger I used to get compliments on my eyes from time to time from various people, just out of the blue, so to speak, at the counter at McDonald's, for example.
     


    Hidden Content


    Y-DNA: R1b-FGC36981 (L21> DF13> Z39589> CTS2501> Z43690> Y8426> BY160> FGC36974>FGC36982 >FGC36981)

    Additional Data:
    Lactase Persistent:
    rs4988235 AA (13910 TT)
    rs182549 TT (22018 AA)

    Red Hair Carrier:
    Arg160Trp+ (rs1805008 T) aka R160W

    Dad's mtDNA: K1a1

  10. #67
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,630
    Sex
    Location
    Groningen
    Ethnicity
    Northwest European
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA
    E-V22

    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerijoe View Post
    The intensity of color will vary with lighting conditions. These photos look like continuous full spectrum lighting was used. If one side of my face is shaded and the other in full sun, the coloration difference is very noticeable. More knowledgeable people can delve into the physics involved. Here is some shots that will open your eyes so to speak, enjoy.

    https://www.lightstalking.com/amazin...them-yourself/
    Amazing photo's they look almost surreal....

  11. #68
    Gold Member Class
    Posts
    1,514
    Sex
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Ethnicity
    mixed European
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    Dad: R1b/L21/DF63
    mtDNA
    K2b2

    Quote Originally Posted by vettor View Post
    mine is closest to number 13

    but all testing companies state I should have blue eyes ( 70% chance of Blue, 29% chance of green, and 1% chance of hazel ) ............but I have green eyes
    Of the numbered chart mine are closest to 13 too, but it's not quite right. Forest green is the closest match on Finn's chart with names.

    However, all the testing companies say I should have blue eyes too.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to msmarjoribanks For This Useful Post:

     Finn (04-21-2019)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Similar Threads

  1. Predict Eye Color (GEDMatch)
    By MischievousRaven in forum General
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-11-2018, 05:53 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 11:55 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2014, 10:16 AM
  4. STR color coding
    By brygian in forum FTDNA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 05:07 PM
  5. Does Your Car Have To Be A Certain Color
    By basque in forum Psychology
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 09:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •