Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 211

Thread: Any experience with mytrueancestry.com?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    54
    Sex
    Nationality
    Finnish
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z142
    mtDNA
    H10g

    Any experience with mytrueancestry.com?

    I found the link from another site. This is a service that apparently compares autosomal results to aDNA kits. You can get a couple of results for free but for more hits you have to pay.

    https://mytrueancestry.com


    Ancient DNA - Real History
    5000 years of history at your fingertips - compare yourself to thousands of ancient DNA samples
    from real archaeological sites!
    Powerful Classification
    Perform DNA breakdowns of 250+ ancient peoples, modern nationalities and ethnicities - far more than any other service out there.
    Simple and Secure
    Use any file from Ancestry, 23andMe, MyHeritage, LivingDNA, and more.
    Anonymous and encrypted upload. Your data is wiped immediately after analysis.

    Here's sample of the free report. The number inside the brackets is genetic distance.


    1. Neolithic Gotlander (5000 BC) (12.0)
    2. Ancient Gotlander (2750 BC) (12.0)
    3. Viking Sweden (1100 AD) (13.31)
    4. Western Pommerania Unetice (2000 BC) (14.09)
    5. Western Pommerania Unetice (1860 BC) (14.09)
    6. Eurasian Steppes Sintashta (1860 BC) (15.4)
    7. Siberia Andronovo (1500 BC) (15.45)
    8. Caspian Steppes (1550 BC) (15.81)
    9. Siberia Andronovo (1500 BC) (16.02)
    10. Avar (590 AD) (16.03)
    11. Alemannic Bavaria (500 AD) (16.25)
    12. Kievan Rus (1130 AD) (16.57)
    13. Siberia Karasuk (1400 BC) (16.68)
    14. Scythian Ukraine (600 BC) (16.72)
    15. Viking Sweden (1100 AD) (17.0)
    16. Avar (590 AD) (17.49)
    17. Siberia Karasuk (1400 BC) (17.69)
    18. Fennoscandia Finland (550 AD) (18.41)
    19. Corded Ware Germany (2400 BC) (18.42)
    20. Scythian Ukraine (600 BC) (18.44)


    Genetic distance measures how close you are to a given sample.

    10 means this is your ancient ancestry
    20 means this is part of your ancestral link
    30 means possibly related to your ancestry
    Last edited by teepean47; 04-07-2019 at 04:49 PM.

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to teepean47 For This Useful Post:

     ajc347 (04-08-2019),  alexfritz (04-08-2019),  Jatt1 (04-09-2019),  Jessie (04-13-2019),  NiloSaharan (04-21-2019),  timberwolf (04-08-2019),  Trelvern (04-09-2019)

  3. #2
    Gold Member Class
    Posts
    2,799
    Sex
    Location
    Calne,England
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    E-Y45878
    mtDNA
    H67

    United Kingdom Scotland England Ireland
    Being a sucker for such things I've signed up. It's supposed to give you an analysis in 5 minutes. It's partially uploaded and then seems to have stopped. It's been over 10 minutes.
    Please support Mental health research and world community grid

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  4. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    945
    Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA
    Z372
    mtDNA
    J2b1a-T16311C!

    Cornwall New Zealand
    I think I will wait to see what results people get on this.

    What is the modern population analysis?

  5. #4
    Gold Member Class
    Posts
    2,799
    Sex
    Location
    Calne,England
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    E-Y45878
    mtDNA
    H67

    United Kingdom Scotland England Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by timberwolf View Post
    I think I will wait to see what results people get on this.

    What is the modern population analysis?
    It's not possible to tell as the population link just goes back to the home page.
    Please support Mental health research and world community grid

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  6. #5
    Gold Member Class
    Posts
    2,799
    Sex
    Location
    Calne,England
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    E-Y45878
    mtDNA
    H67

    United Kingdom Scotland England Ireland
    Gave up on trying to upload 23andMe data. Trying Ancestry dna. Uploads a bit and then stops. I'm not impressed but maybe results,if I ever get them, will be interesting.
    Please support Mental health research and world community grid

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to firemonkey For This Useful Post:

     Cascio (04-07-2019)

  8. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    3,139
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by teepean47 View Post
    I found the link from another site. This is a service that apparently compares autosomal results to aDNA kits. You can get a couple of results for free but for more hits you have to pay.

    https://mytrueancestry.com


    Ancient DNA - Real History
    5000 years of history at your fingertips - compare yourself to thousands of ancient DNA samples
    from real archaeological sites!
    Powerful Classification
    Perform DNA breakdowns of 250+ ancient peoples, modern nationalities and ethnicities - far more than any other service out there.
    Simple and Secure
    Use any file from Ancestry, 23andMe, MyHeritage, LivingDNA, and more.
    Anonymous and encrypted upload. Your data is wiped immediately after analysis.

    Here's sample of the free report. The number inside the brackets is genetic distance.


    1. Neolithic Gotlander (5000 BC) (12.0)
    2. Ancient Gotlander (2750 BC) (12.0)
    3. Viking Sweden (1100 AD) (13.31)
    4. Western Pommerania Unetice (2000 BC) (14.09)
    5. Western Pommerania Unetice (1860 BC) (14.09)
    6. Eurasian Steppes Sintashta (1860 BC) (15.4)
    7. Siberia Andronovo (1500 BC) (15.45)
    8. Caspian Steppes (1550 BC) (15.81)
    9. Siberia Andronovo (1500 BC) (16.02)
    10. Avar (590 AD) (16.03)
    11. Alemannic Bavaria (500 AD) (16.25)
    12. Kievan Rus (1130 AD) (16.57)
    13. Siberia Karasuk (1400 BC) (16.68)
    14. Scythian Ukraine (600 BC) (16.72)
    15. Viking Sweden (1100 AD) (17.0)
    16. Avar (590 AD) (17.49)
    17. Siberia Karasuk (1400 BC) (17.69)
    18. Fennoscandia Finland (550 AD) (18.41)
    19. Corded Ware Germany (2400 BC) (18.42)
    20. Scythian Ukraine (600 BC) (18.44)


    Genetic distance measures how close you are to a given sample.

    10 means this is your ancient ancestry
    20 means this is part of your ancestral link
    30 means possibly related to your ancestry
    Looks like crap. Why'd you post this?

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Generalissimo For This Useful Post:

     Camulogène Rix (04-14-2019),  Jatt1 (04-09-2019),  timberwolf (04-07-2019)

  10. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    54
    Sex
    Nationality
    Finnish
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z142
    mtDNA
    H10g

    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo View Post
    Looks like crap. Why'd you post this?
    To start a discussion if the results are viable or maybe the site is a money grab.

  11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to teepean47 For This Useful Post:

     Generalissimo (04-08-2019),  Jessie (04-13-2019),  Rafe (04-08-2019),  sktibo (04-13-2019),  timberwolf (04-08-2019),  Trelvern (04-09-2019),  vettor (04-09-2019)

  12. #8
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,963
    Sex
    Location
    Brittany
    Ethnicity
    NW European
    Y-DNA
    I-L813 >Y36690

    Normandie Sweden France Bretagne
    deleted
    Last edited by Helgenes50; 04-09-2019 at 05:01 PM.
    My results from David Wesolowski's Ancestry Detective Service:

    West British (Britonic?) 42.3%
    Continental Northern and Eastern European 36.6%
    Central French 21.1%

  13. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,778
    Sex
    Location
    Zagreb
    Ethnicity
    Croat (NW)
    Nationality
    Croatian
    Y-DNA
    I2a1a2b (Y5596>A815)

    Croatia Austrian Empire Slovenia
    Quote Originally Posted by sven.larson View Post
    Agreed.
    Why people here forget that they could make fit list in G25 which would be much more trustful for ancient samples? And longer
    You should know that people here are not ordinary people and that they lose their minds if someone offers them independent DNA analysis of any kind
     
    Paper Trail MyHeritage K36 G25 Mod. FTDNA
    NW Croatian 87.5%
    Slovenian 6.25%
    Unknown 6.25%
    E. Europe 35.7%
    Balkan 34.4%
    Scandinavia 21.2%
    Baltic 8.7%
    Grenzmark 0.94
    Czechs 0.93,
    Hungary 0.91
    Volhyn 0.91,
    C. Rusyns 0.91
    Slovenia 0.91
    Czech 1.79
    Hungarian 2.02
    Slovenian 2.07
    Croatian 2.39
    Ukrainian 3.01
    East Europe 99%
    Trace 1%

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ph2ter For This Useful Post:

     Jessie (04-13-2019),  JMcB (04-08-2019),  sktibo (04-13-2019),  vettor (04-09-2019)

  15. #10
    Registered Users
    Posts
    946
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Indo-europeen
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Y33 Kurgan/ CWC
    mtDNA
    H76

    European Union Poland Lithuania Ukraine Romania Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ter View Post
    You should know that people here are not ordinary people and that they lose their minds if someone offers them independent DNA analysis of any kind
    ph2ter think I made such a calculator for ancient times? (Thread)
    Alain Dad
    Y-DNA R1a-Y33 Eastern Corderd Ware Culture Baltoslavic/ old Pruzzen
    H76 czech Republic W3a1d Yamnaya Culture, Samara /Pontic steppe
    Scytho-sarmatian.

    My FTDNA autosomal

    East Europe 82%
    Southeast Europe 14%
    Finland 2%
    West and Central Europe 1%

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Experience with Wegene 2.0
    By cydevil in forum WeGene
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2018, 03:30 AM
  2. No experience with mtDNA haplogroups, help?
    By euromutt in forum Living DNA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2018, 05:30 PM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-03-2018, 06:01 AM
  4. Coming soon: A new 23andMe experience
    By GTC in forum 23andMe
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-05-2016, 05:24 PM
  5. L'expérience Ancestry DNA
    By Titane in forum French
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-26-2016, 10:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •