Page 136 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1377

Thread: Any experience with mytrueancestry.com?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Alpine
    Nationality
    Tirolean
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U106
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a2a1g

Austrian Empire Italy Trentino Alto Adige Republic of Venice European Union
    but finally do you think MyTrueancestry give good and reliable results?

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Diego.M˛chen View Post
    but finally do you think MyTrueancestry give good and reliable results?
    Joke of the year.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Generalissimo For This Useful Post:

BalkanKiwi (08-26-2020),  evon (08-26-2020),  JMcB (08-26-2020),  rober_tce (08-26-2020),  SUPREEEEEME (08-26-2020),  timberwolf (08-26-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Alpine
    Nationality
    Tirolean
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U106
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a2a1g

Insted of making humor, you could give me a rational answer. I registered yesterday, and this morning i saw this thread about MyTrueancestry, i read some pages, but not all 136 .
    So i asked if somebody could give me a comment and a recap, so what's the problem?

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese highlander
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-Y31991>FT17866
    mtDNA (M)
    H20 (xH20a)

Asturias Galicia Portugal 1143 Portugal 1485 Portugal Order of Christ PortugalRoyalFlag1830
    Insted of making humor, you could give me a rational answer. I registered yesterday, and this morning i saw this thread about MyTrueancestry, i read some pages, but not all 136 .
    So i asked if somebody could give me a comment and a recap, so what's the problem?
    It's just his K15, and the matches are completely bogus. My advise is not to waste money on it
    YDNA E-Y31991>PF4428>Y134097>Y134104>Y168273>FT17866 (TMRCA ~1100AD) - Domingos Rodrigues, b. circa 1690 Hidden Content , Viana do Castelo, Portugal - Stonemason, miller.
    mtDNA H20 - Monica Vieira, b. circa 1700 Hidden Content , Porto, Portugal

Hidden Content
    Global25 PCA West Eurasia dataset Hidden Content

[1] "distance%=1.6023"

Ruderico

Iberia_IA+Hallstatt,82.2
    Berber_EMA,10
    Rome_Imperial,7
    Levant_Roman,0.8

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruderico For This Useful Post:

JMcB (08-26-2020),  rober_tce (08-26-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    DF27
    mtDNA (M)
    V33

New Zealand Croatia Star of David United Kingdom Poland
    To follow on from Ruderico, you're better off spending the money on G25 coordinates if you haven't already done so, or using the plethora of free calculators available out in the wild. Be wary, many companies are jumping onto the DNA bandwagon, and not all of them are worth the cost.
    Ancestry on paper: English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Croatian, Ashkenazi, Polish and Māori.

I'm currently on leave from the Administration Team. If you have any questions, please direct them to the Hidden Content .

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BalkanKiwi For This Useful Post:

JMcB (08-26-2020),  Ruderico (08-26-2020),  timberwolf (08-26-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Alpine
    Nationality
    Tirolean
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U106
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a2a1g

Quote Originally Posted by Ruderico View Post
    It's just his K15, and the matches are completely bogus. My advise is not to waste money on it
    Ok guys, please tell me, what's the problem? I really don't understand this haughty attitude, i simply ask a quick council. I didn't offend nobody, so what's wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by BalkanKiwi View Post
    To follow on from Ruderico, you're better off spending the money on G25 coordinates if you haven't already done so, or using the plethora of free calculators available out in the wild. Be wary, many companies are jumping onto the DNA bandwagon, and not all of them are worth the cost.
    I have aleady done test with most famous application, as FTDna, LivingDNA, GEDmatch and others, i tryed free version of MyTrueancestry and i only want to understand, considering that here lot of people has already used it, if it is a good application. I mean, do MyTrueancestry give reliable results?
    So, as i wrote up, what's wrong in my first question? I simply asked if it is a good app.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Alpine
    Nationality
    Tirolean
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U106
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a2a1g

What does it mean? What is bogus on my profile?

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese highlander
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-Y31991>FT17866
    mtDNA (M)
    H20 (xH20a)

Asturias Galicia Portugal 1143 Portugal 1485 Portugal Order of Christ PortugalRoyalFlag1830
    Ok guys, please tell me, what's the problem? I really don't understand this haughty attitude, i simply ask a quick council. I didn't offend nobody, so what's wrong?

I have aleady done test with most famous application, as FTDna, LivingDNA, GEDmatch and others, i tryed free version of MyTrueancestry and i only want to understand, considering that here lot of people has already used it, if it is a good application. I mean, do MyTrueancestry give reliable results?
    So, as i wrote up, what's wrong in my first question? I simply asked if it is a good app.

What does it mean? What is bogus on my profile?
    There's no attitude whatsoever on my part, I'm just telling you that MTA uses David's K15 (Eurogenes), which was built with and for modern individuals, thus applying it to ancient samples is expected to yield unreliable results, as such you should take their results with a pinch of salt. That's why Generalissimo (David) said that. Besides MTA uses clickbaity (or simply false) labels for their samples, it's just part of their marketing, and why most people here dislike it. My rule of thumb is that anything claiming to be 'the true this' or 'revealing the truth' raises a very big red flag.

As for the 'bogus' it's obviously not meant at your profile, but at their matches and the algorithm. Some people have reported ancient individuals with matching segments as high as you could expect from a great grandparent, which is clearly impossible from samples that are thousands of years old. The other features, such as a graph with your matches/closest samples haplogroups, are effectively useless since they depend on the available samples, and effectively tell you nothing about yourself. It's all smoke and mirrors.
    YDNA E-Y31991>PF4428>Y134097>Y134104>Y168273>FT17866 (TMRCA ~1100AD) - Domingos Rodrigues, b. circa 1690 Hidden Content , Viana do Castelo, Portugal - Stonemason, miller.
    mtDNA H20 - Monica Vieira, b. circa 1700 Hidden Content , Porto, Portugal

Hidden Content
    Global25 PCA West Eurasia dataset Hidden Content

[1] "distance%=1.6023"

Ruderico

Iberia_IA+Hallstatt,82.2
    Berber_EMA,10
    Rome_Imperial,7
    Levant_Roman,0.8

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ruderico For This Useful Post:

Buxoro (08-26-2020),  evon (08-26-2020),  JMcB (08-26-2020),  jstephan (08-26-2020),  Nassbean (08-26-2020),  passenger (08-26-2020),  rober_tce (08-26-2020),  timberwolf (08-26-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Alpine
    Nationality
    Tirolean
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U106
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a2a1g

There's no attitude whatsoever on my part, I'm just telling you that MTA uses David's K15 (Eurogenes), which was built with and for modern individuals, thus applying it to ancient samples is expected to yield unreliable results, as such you should take their results with a pinch of salt. That's why Generalissimo (David) said that. Besides MTA uses clickbaity (or simply false) labels for their samples, it's just part of their marketing, and why most people here dislike it. My rule of thumb is that anything claiming to be 'the true this' or 'revealing the truth' raises a very big red flag.

As for the 'bogus' it's obviously not meant at your profile, but at their matches and the algorithm. Some people have reported ancient individuals with matching segments as high as you could expect from a great grandparent, which is clearly impossible from samples that are thousands of years old. The other features, such as a graph with your matches/closest samples haplogroups, are effectively useless since they depend on the available samples, and effectively tell you nothing about yourself. It's all smoke and mirrors.
    Ok Ruderico, i have to apologize to you because, reading another time more, i misundertood your reply and it wasn't haughty. I read too fast and, due to my rusty english, i understood wrong.
    I think i can say same thing about Generalissimo post, i think "joke of the year" was about MTA, but at first impression I thought it was related to my post (i thought he found it a stupid post).

So guys i'm sorry about that.

Coming back to MTA, i didn't pay anything fortunately, because i wasn't convinced about results i got for free, that's why i asked here. Thanks for this clarification.
    I can say, in my case, however, that more or less, results about ancient poulation received from MTA, correspond to areas that LivingDNA shows for my DNA sample (Italy-South Germany-Austria-Bohemia and Catalunya).
    MTA says i'm: Gaul, Illirian, Hispanic-Roman, Gaul-Roman.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diego.M˛chen For This Useful Post:

Angoliga (08-26-2020),  Cascio (08-26-2020),  evon (08-26-2020),  JMcB (08-26-2020),  Ruderico (08-26-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Canadian

Canada Netherlands United Kingdom Cornwall Ireland France
    Where are they getting these "Merovingian Lords" and other "Merovingian" samples?

Page 136 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 LastLast