Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    Y-DNA
    R1b-M222-FGC5864
    mtDNA
    H5r*

I think I've only mentioned ram/disk/file sizes so far. In case anyone is interested when I did the N50 calc the total number of bases came out at 102,373,913,140.
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019, Dante Mar 2019, FGC-10X Linked Reads Apr 2019, Dante-Nanopore May 2019) - further WGS tests pending ;-)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content
    FBIMatch: A828783 (autosomal DNA) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MacUalraig For This Useful Post:

pmokeefe (05-19-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    Y-DNA
    R1b-M222-FGC5864
    mtDNA
    H5r*

Average read depth of the Dante-ONT bam now calculated at 30.83x.
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019, Dante Mar 2019, FGC-10X Linked Reads Apr 2019, Dante-Nanopore May 2019) - further WGS tests pending ;-)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content
    FBIMatch: A828783 (autosomal DNA) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MacUalraig For This Useful Post:

pmokeefe (05-19-2019)

Registered Users

I read somewhere that Dante offers a long read discount to returning customers. Is this true? I have some 30x sequences with them. Has anyone used this discount? Does it actually exist? How does one apply it? Many thanks!

Registered Users
    Sex

The discount code was e-mailed to everybody with Dante Labs account, however it expired weeks ago, and the starting price of the long read test went up. If they're using two flowcells for most tests, it's still better than list price of the flowcells, but I hope that they can squeeze those reads on single flowcell soon. At least, after they've ran mine on two flowcells for 50X reads... *rubs hands* Haha

Aside, those discount codes usually say "Just for you" or something else implying it's exclusive, but the Memorial day discount for example included social media sharing buttons. So they want us to share them or not?

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by KCW View Post
    I read somewhere that Dante offers a long read discount to returning customers. Is this true? I have some 30x sequences with them. Has anyone used this discount? Does it actually exist? How does one apply it? Many thanks!
    Expired, but the MEMORIALDAY promo code is still active, which brings it down to 700€.

Edit: Andrea Riposati talk on long reads at Dante Labs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ESNXKIbME

My collection kit was a standard SpectrumDNA kit. Will be interesting to see if they can achieve longer reads with their "special" collection kit.
    Last edited by pinoqio; 05-31-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Colonial British/German
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R-L1065>S744>S691*
    mtDNA
    T2b19a*

Bionano Genomics (San Diego) - https://bionanogenomics.com/technolo...rm-technology/ is a relative newcomer to the field of structural variant analysis, and recently researchers comparing many platforms determined that Bionano was the single best technology for discovery of human structural variants. The downside is that finding the service is currently almost impossible, without referral to a handful of research centers.

Good luck with your Dante Labs Nanopore whole genome sequencing. Please post back when you receive your results.

Registered Users
    Sex

Reference for "recently researchers comparing many platforms determined that Bionano was the single best technology for discovery of human structural variants" please? Also, it should be stressed that Bionano is "optical mapping" and not sequencing, and it's complementary to sequencing technologies like Oxford Nanopore (https://academic.oup.com/hmg/article/27/R2/R234/4996216). It's also important to note the applicability of different techniques; for example Bionano (with additional long-read sequencing) appears to be mainly used for different challenging domains like telomeric regions (https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-34774-0) or plant genomes (https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-07271-1). Clinically or genealogically relevant structural variation in human genomes tends to be adequately resolved in sequencing-only technologies, albeit these kinds of statement do carry the caveat that different techniques may eventually find more use when there's more data to compare to.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Donwulff For This Useful Post:

pmokeefe (06-04-2019)

Registered Users

They reduced the price back to 799, with the still active MEMORIALDAY code 599.

About a month after the FASTQ data, still no sign of a report or a BAM file though.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinoqio For This Useful Post:

MacUalraig (06-06-2019),  pmokeefe (06-06-2019)

Registered Users
    ancestry Irish, Scot, Eng (Devon,Somerset,Lancashire,Cheshire, Shrop,Essex)+ Crossen(Oder)-Gruenberg
    Ethnicity
    Celt? Vik? East-Ger Sorb?
    Nationality
    YDNA Hub. R1b/U106/S1688
    Y-DNA
    f.R1aCTS11962/L1029?
    mtDNA
    K1a26

hmm I ordered when it was 899 with the MEMORIAL day discount. It has not shipped as yet? I have emailed Dante to ask about this reduction and if I can get a refund of 100EUR. I think they should not charge your Master card of visa until they can ship the kit? I'm a tad concerned here.
    Last edited by Jan_Noack; 06-07-2019 at 01:11 AM.

Registered Users
    ancestry Irish, Scot, Eng (Devon,Somerset,Lancashire,Cheshire, Shrop,Essex)+ Crossen(Oder)-Gruenberg
    Ethnicity
    Celt? Vik? East-Ger Sorb?
    Nationality
    YDNA Hub. R1b/U106/S1688
    Y-DNA
    f.R1aCTS11962/L1029?
    mtDNA
    K1a26

Quote Originally Posted by Jan_Noack View Post
    hmm I ordered when it was 899 with the MEMORIAL day discount. It has not shipped as yet? I have emailed Dante to ask about this reduction and if I can get a refund of 100EUR. I think they should not charge your Master card of visa until they can ship the kit? I'm a tad concerned here.
    update- yesterday they read my emails and replied that could only give me a full refund. I now have a full refund. They still did not have any kits to send out, maybe there is a shortage of them, or maybe its because I'm in Australia?. This was for the long read.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast