Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Punjabi Rajputs

Registered Users
    Sex

Hmm that's super interesting.. I'm quite interested to probe further - I think in another thread some fellow users suggested I could convert my Grandad's results from V5 to V3 and then re-run the harapps in gedmatch to ascertain whether the high med is something real, or whether it's just a mis-allocation owing to the chip. Does anyone know how I can do the V5-V3 conversion?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani - Potohar
    Nationality
    British
    mtDNA (M)
    W1c4
    mtDNA (P)
    M5a2a1a1
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2-FGC61415

Pakistan United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Ali View Post
    Hmm that's super interesting.. I'm quite interested to probe further - I think in another thread some fellow users suggested I could convert my Grandad's results from V5 to V3 and then re-run the harapps in gedmatch to ascertain whether the high med is something real, or whether it's just a mis-allocation owing to the chip. Does anyone know how I can do the V5-V3 conversion?
    Yes there is a tool for this i will have to be on my laptop for this check in the 23ANDME version forum or someone may have to do send the link �� because i am at work atm lol i did post it in another forum too but cant remember
    Gedmatch Kits:
    MJ1661095 Myheritage
    JZ1078191 Ancestry
    HN6848975 23andme

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y6

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    I still think you do have some west asian ancestry, not central asian kind. You've elevated SW Asian and minor East african, so it can be some kind of arab or southern Iranian. Even baloch is a possibility too.
    I do score like 0.3% West Asian on 23&me so it is possible. Family history says we have been in Jhang for at least 150-200 years and prior to that we were in Pindi Bhattian. Im guessing this West asian ancestor is not very recent then.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Raza94 For This Useful Post:

MonkeyDLuffy (04-17-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani - Potohar
    Nationality
    British
    mtDNA (M)
    W1c4
    mtDNA (P)
    M5a2a1a1
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2-FGC61415

Pakistan United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza94 View Post
    I do score like 0.3% West Asian on 23&me so it is possible. Family history says we have been in Jhang for at least 150-200 years and prior to that we were in Pindi Bhattian. Im guessing this West asian ancestor is not very recent then.
    I had a thought what if like few ancestors had couple of these but distance and maybe that was the overall? I had come across a match on gedmatch whos gujerati and she had 6 sw-asian. I know this irrelevant but that the highest ive seen. Point was overall of it that made up of your ancestors alltogether? I could be wrong obv
    Gedmatch Kits:
    MJ1661095 Myheritage
    JZ1078191 Ancestry
    HN6848975 23andme

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amber29 For This Useful Post:

Jatt1 (04-17-2019)

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    i agree with what MonkeyDLuffy Says - but at the same time i do think it has abit of caste impact too especially in terms of history maybe?? though this doesnt mean anything, as every group will have some sort of different results too that will look the same.

let me post a link - i can be relevant and not relevant:

Its a rajput related topic:

https://www.ancient.eu/White_Huns_(Hephthalites)/

i found it interesting but not sure how popular these thoughts are
    Rajput is not a caste in a varn sense. As Ahmad Ali has noted in the second post - they can be Bhatti (likely Brahman from the Bhatt name) or Bais (Vaish). They can also be Shudr, Khatri, Jatt, Gond, or even a Kushan/Banafar or a Hoon*. The Agnikul lines are predominantly Brahman.
    Many of them - the Rathore, Gurjar, Solanki, etc. - are of Deccan and Gurjar origins.

*"Significantly, included in the acceptable list of clans are the Huns."
    https://books.google.com/books?id=8J2RDwAAQBAJ&pg=PT305

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parasar For This Useful Post:

agent_lime (04-17-2019),  Amber29 (04-17-2019),  Jatt1 (04-17-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani - Potohar
    Nationality
    British
    mtDNA (M)
    W1c4
    mtDNA (P)
    M5a2a1a1
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2-FGC61415

Pakistan United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    Rajput is not a caste in a varn sense. As Ahmad Ali has noted in the second post - they can be Bhatti (likely Brahman from the Bhatt name) or Bais (Vaish). They can also be Shudr, Khatri, Jatt, Gond, or even a Kushan/Banafar or a Hoon*. The Agnikul lines are predominantly Brahman.
    Many of them - the Rathore, Gurjar, Solanki, etc. - are of Deccan and Gurjar origins.

Yes, i was curious because people kept mentioning about the 'white huns' thing lol - still want to learn alot more if you have any more post please do share!
    Gedmatch Kits:
    MJ1661095 Myheritage
    JZ1078191 Ancestry
    HN6848975 23andme

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    A11-a*
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2b2a

Canada Bangladesh Jammu and Kashmir India Pakistan Sri Lanka
    Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post

I'm not sure I've asked you this before, but anymore info on the Bais Rajputs? I have to verify more from my family, but we're somehow related to Isa Khan, who's grandfather Kalidas Gajdani was a Bais Rajput from Awadh.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kulin For This Useful Post:

Rahuls77 (04-27-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Kulin View Post
    I'm not sure I've asked you this before, but anymore info on the Bais Rajputs? I have to verify more from my family, but we're somehow related to Isa Khan, who's grandfather Kalidas Gajdani was a Bais Rajput from Awadh.
    I don't know anything about Bais Rajputs but there certainly are a great number of Bains Jatts in Punjab.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jatt1 For This Useful Post:

Kulin (04-27-2019),  MonkeyDLuffy (04-27-2019),  parasar (05-01-2019),  Rahuls77 (04-27-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a

Pakistan Azad Kashmir India
    Janjuas of Potohar have a sub-caste called Ranial, incidentally., it is also used by non-Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs, who are of Brahman lineage actually.

A couple of Janjuas we have had on this board, or probably just one of them, was R1a.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rahuls77 For This Useful Post:

Jatt1 (04-27-2019),  MonkeyDLuffy (04-27-2019)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Sikh Ramgarhia
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    M3a2
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y2568*

India Punjab Canada Azad Baluchistan Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by Jatt1 View Post
    I don't know anything about Bais Rajputs but there certainly are a great number of Bains Jatts in Punjab.
    Bains have the most numbers in Ropar/Nurpur Bedi area. It's one of the most common gaut along with Jhajj in my pind area. They even have a pind called "Bainsa".

Surjit bindrakhia and Jazzy Bain are both bains, and are from Ropar-Nawanshehr area.
    Deg Teg Fateh - Victory to Charity and Arms

Punjab, Punjabi, Fateh.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

Jatt1 (05-02-2019),  parasar (05-01-2019)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast