Ethnicity
    Northwest European
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA
    E-V22

Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by anglesqueville View Post
    Tu veux dire une fois qu'on a téléchargé un kit sans doute? Parce que de toute manière il faut donner une adresse internet et s'inscrire pour pouvoir parcourir le site. Je l'ai fait et ne trouve aucune proposition payante nulle part. A vrai dire c'est la seule chose qui m'empêche de soupçonner qu'il pourrait y avoir du Lukasz derrière ce truc. Qui en effet a sous la main une base moderne de "populations" (je mets des guillemets très volontairement) aussi diversifiée, à part lui? Et qui à part lui pourrait oser proposer sur cette base des résultats aussi dénués d'intérêt? D'un autre côté, Lukasz proposer un service gratuit? Inenvisageable. Donc, je ne sais pas. Mais ce que je sais, et est d'ailleurs évident, c'est que c'est au mieux un attrape-couillon. Au pire? Bien sûr il faut résister aux tentations paranoïaques... mais quand même! Réaliser ce site représente du travail et un peu de compétence (informatique s'entend, pas génétique). Alors, dans quel but?
    I dont think this Lukasz his work, I bought some some things from Lukasz. Total different approach and style...I see no connection.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Finn For This Useful Post:

timberwolf (04-20-2019)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    northwesterner
    Y-DNA
    U152>L2>Z367
    mtDNA
    H5a1

Normandie Netherlands Friesland Finland Orkney
    The connection I saw is the populations' dataset. Ok, it's not from Lukasz, that seems now certain. But where does their modern dataset come from? For western Europe, it is (at least at first sight ) more detailed than Harvard's HumanOrigins. Who for example has gathered a Normand basis (as they pretend to have Normandy in their populations)? Afaik nobody. And they pretend also having a North-Dutch population. Are you aware of a study with north-Dutch autosomal data? Not me.

edit: a possibility is of course that these denominations (Normand, North-Dutch...) are a scam, in the same vein as presenting some Collegno and Szolad as Franks and Gauls. How can anyone take this seriously?

edit edit: I seem to remember a little autosomal study for The Netherlands, with very low coverage, some years ago... Do you remember anything of that kind, Finn?
    Last edited by anglesqueville; 04-20-2019 at 09:39 PM.
    En North alom, de North venom
    En North fum naiz, en North manom

(Roman de Rou, Wace, 1160-1170)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anglesqueville For This Useful Post:

Finn (04-21-2019),  JMcB (04-21-2019),  Theconqueror (04-21-2019),  timberwolf (04-20-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP445
    mtDNA
    J1c2b

England Germany Palatinate Italy Sicily Ireland Munster Acadia United States Tree Flag
    I got Celts, as well as Celt + Gaul, Frank, Frank + Gaul, and Gaul. By separating Celt and Gaul, I assume they mean Insular Celt, which would make sense since I got 56.4 British and Irish in 23andMe (which is reputed to be predominantly viewing it as Insular Celtic from what I've viewed on the forums)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Norman/German
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    R1B-DF99(FGC16982)

Germany Imperial Normandie
    The connection I saw is the populations' dataset. Ok, it's not from Lukasz, that seems now certain. But where does their modern dataset come from? For western Europe, it is (at least at first sight ) more detailed than Harvard's HumanOrigins. Who for example has gathered a Normand basis (as they pretend to have Normandy in their populations)? Afaik nobody. And they pretend also having a North-Dutch population. Are you aware of a study with north-Dutch autosomal data? Not me.

edit: a possibility is of course that these denominations (Normand, North-Dutch...) are a scam, in the same vein as presenting some Collegno and Szolad as Franks and Gauls. How can anyone take this seriously?

edit edit: I seem to remember a little autosomal study for The Netherlands, with very low coverage, some years ago... Do you remember anything of that kind, Finn?
    I really do believe that they analyzed the samples, for instance Medievial Frank is CL63, who is obviously Germanic. Some other denominations are boredline but they seem to really try to label each sample correctly.
    K8: French East/German South/Austrian 26%, French North East/Belgian/German West 25%, French North 25%, Irish/Scottish/Welsh 10%, French South/French Basque 9%, German East/Czech/Austrian 5%
    K36: French East/German South/Swiss German 33%, French North East/Belgian/German West 31%, French North Central 21%, Irish/Scottish/Welsh 9%, French South/ French Basque 6%
    K16: German 50%, French North West 19%, French North East 11%, Irish/English 11%, French South 9%

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northwest European
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA
    E-V22

Netherlands

Yes, as such harmless, but I hope people are not going to interpret it too strict.....

My wife, a southwest Dutch and some diffused Northern French (with for example Paraguay influences...I suspect that her surname Boïs is something German that has got a Portugese touch, original something like Boyens but is still unknown).

1. South_Dutch (4.842)
    2. Southwest_English (6.006)
    3. Welsh (6.216)
    4. North_German (7.298)

Gaul + Frank (3.749)
    Frank (5.301)
    Celt + Frank (5.318)
    Celt (8.61)
    Gaul (8.663)

Not wrong but without context it's easy misinterpreted.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Finn For This Useful Post:

JMcB (04-21-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northwest European
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA
    E-V22

Netherlands

Regarding the edit I don't know, it's the Brabant (Dutch and Belgian) research may be?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northwest European
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA
    E-V22

Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Theconqueror View Post
    I really do believe that they analyzed the samples, for instance Medievial Frank is CL63, who is obviously Germanic. Some other denominations are boredline but they seem to really try to label each sample correctly.
    Franks (the Salian) are from the lower Rhine, before they conquered Belgium/Northern France their stronghold was Salland, just above the Rhine nowadays Gelderland.
    I guess they turned it upside down, they saw that CL63 had a nowadays South Dutch/Belgian/Nothern French connection and the 'Frank' was born
    Last edited by Finn; 04-21-2019 at 08:10 AM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Finn For This Useful Post:

Camulogène Rix (04-21-2019),  JMcB (04-21-2019),  Theconqueror (04-21-2019)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    northwesterner
    Y-DNA
    U152>L2>Z367
    mtDNA
    H5a1

"... they saw that CL63 had a nowadays South Dutch/Belgian/Nothern French connection and the 'Frank' was born".
    Yes, I was thinking of something like that.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to anglesqueville For This Useful Post:

JMcB (04-21-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Vespuccian
    Y-DNA
    U152>L2>Z41150>Z49>

England Scotland Wales Germany Northern Ireland Ireland
    Are you aware of a study with north-Dutch autosomal data? Not me.
    The results are very similar to gedmatch Eurogenes EUtest V2 K15 Admixture Proportions Least-squares method.

My True Ancestry
    1. North_German (2.710)
    2. Danish (5.103)
    3. North_Dutch (6.132)
    4. Irish (6.276)
    Eurogenes EUtest V2 K15 Least-squared
    Least-squares method.

1. North_German (2.693145)
    2. Danish (5.055997)
    3. North_Dutch (6.084630)
    4. Irish (6.249898)
    K15 also has North Dutch (and South Dutch, North/East/West German, Southeast England, Souteast England, West Scottish, North Swedish, West Norwegian, Southwest Finnish etc).

So what is the source for K15's North Dutch?
    Last edited by MitchellSince1893; 04-21-2019 at 02:21 PM.
    Y-DNA R-Z49>Z142>Z12222>FGC12378>FGC12401>FGC12384
    Ancestry: 37% English, 26% Scot/Ulster Scot, 14% Welsh, 14% German 3% Ireland, 3% Nordic, 2% French & Dutch, 1% India

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MitchellSince1893 For This Useful Post:

JMcB (04-21-2019)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    northwesterner
    Y-DNA
    U152>L2>Z367
    mtDNA
    H5a1

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellSince1893 View Post
    The results are essentially the same as gedmatch Eurogenes EUtest V2 K15 Admixture Proportions Least-squares method.

My True Ancestry

Eurogenes EUtest V2 K15 Least-squared
    Least-squares method.

K15 also has North Dutch (and South Dutch, North/East/West German, Southeast England, Souteast England, West Scottish, North Swedish, West Norwegian, Southwest Finnish etc).

So what is the source for K15's North Dutch?
    Ah, yes, I was forgetting that. Ask David.

edit: if it happens that the people behind MyTrueAncestry are only using Eurogenes V2K15 (is there a DIY for it? I can't remember), that's.... just incredible.
    Last edited by anglesqueville; 04-21-2019 at 02:27 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to anglesqueville For This Useful Post:

JMcB (04-21-2019)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast