Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Gene Flow Between Southern and South-eastern Asia

Bronze Class Member
    Sex

Turkmenistan Suriname South Africa Costa Rica Norway Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by DMXX View Post
    Right you are - However, I haven't found a clear indication in the paper that they used both samples in their basic qpAdm model. Perhaps I overlooked it? Did you see anything regarding how they treated IVCp in their model?
    Well, no, I haven't been able to find a direct quote from the paper itself but others who've read it have basically said the same thing I have. And the thing is that if they're using strictly SIS3+Onge+Sintashta to model south Asians, it's going to result in a poor fit for a lot of South Asians particularly those originating in the northwest because that's too much AASI and not enough Iran_N. Kalash alone have similar levels of Iran_N compared to SIS3 and way less AASI.

IVCp apparently was described as being a straight mix of Iranian farmer and AASI ancestry:

"In fact, it was certainly the case that the peoples of the Indus Valley were genetically
    297 heterogeneous as we observe one of the Indus_Periphery individuals having ~42% AASI
    298 ancestry and the other two individuals having ~14-18% AASI ancestry (but always mixes of the
    299 same two proximal sources of AASI and Iranian agriculturalist-related ancestry)."

There were 4 total SIS samples, 2 of which belonged to SIS1. So perhaps they've used 3 of the 4? It's quite confusing
    Last edited by Censored; 06-08-2019 at 03:36 AM.

Registered Users

Right you are - However, I haven't found a clear indication in the paper that they used both samples in their basic qpAdm model. Perhaps I overlooked it? Did you see anything regarding how they treated IVCp in their model?
    "Indus_Periphery sample (a pool of three outlier individuals from the BMAC site of Gonur and from Shahr-i-Sokhta)"

"Gonur2_BA This sample has significant amounts of South Asian HG related ancestry and is part of a genetic grouping we call Indus_Periphery"

"The following two samples have significant amounts of South Asian HG related admixture, and we call these samples part of the Indus_Periphery genetic grouping.
    ... Shahr-i-Soktha_MLBA2 ... Shahr-i-Soktha_MLBA3"

For each Indian Cline group X, we estimated the vector of coefficients under qpAdm:
    c(X) = (cS(X), cI(X), cA(X)) (4.1)
    where cj(X) are admixture coefficients for S=Steppe-related (Steppe_MLBA), I=Iranian
    agriculturalist-related (Indus_Periphery), and A=South Asian hunter-gatherer (AASI)-related (Onge).
    https://www.biorxiv.org/content/bior...1/292581-1.pdf
    Last edited by parasar; 06-09-2019 at 05:24 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to parasar For This Useful Post:

bmoney (Today)

Administrator
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R2a*-M124 (L295-)
    mtDNA
    D4j5*

England
    You guys are right, and that's been my interpretation since reading the paper when the pre-print first came out.

The question I'm posing is with respect to the qpAdm three pop model they feature - What is being used for their IVCp ref pop? Are they using SiSBA2? SiSBA3? Both (somehow)?

I vaguely remember reading somewhere (a comment in this forum perhaps) suggesting they used SiSBA3. That made sense prima facie, given SiSBA3 is the most AASI-shifted sample we currently have. Didn't double-check the statement concerning that and assumed it was true, but now I can't find any obvious statement in the paper regarding this, now that Censored's given me/us a valid reason to doubt that assumption is true.

Registered Users

Afghanistan Jammu and Kashmir United States of America Canada
    You guys are right, and that's been my interpretation since reading the paper when the pre-print first came out.

The question I'm posing is with respect to the qpAdm three pop model they feature - What is being used for their IVCp ref pop? Are they using SiSBA2? SiSBA3? Both (somehow)?

I vaguely remember reading somewhere (a comment in this forum perhaps) suggesting they used SiSBA3. That made sense prima facie, given SiSBA3 is the most AASI-shifted sample we currently have. Didn't double-check the statement concerning that and assumed it was true, but now I can't find any obvious statement in the paper regarding this, now that Censored's given me/us a valid reason to doubt that assumption is true.
    Its a trio of SIS2, SIS3 and Gonur2, I told poi to simulate the averages on G25, it essentially is 70% Iran_N related/30% AASI, their criteria for Iran_N is a more Hotu/Sarazm version so it includes WSHG/AG3 like ancestry, there is 13 of them now, most are still from Shahr I Shokta and they are very likely coming from Balochistan/Sind and I don't think the main cluster is ancestral for most Indian populations they are way too Iran_N shifted, Gangetic and Insular Indians need a more tribal shifted base that is very evident from the figure below. In the new figures they are more broad , Steppe MLBA is now just Steppe (include Dali or WSHG sources I am assuming) and Iran_N is now Iran related source, its a smart way of not admitting error but fixing it at the same time. Rather the 2 outliers are most ancestral and likely coming from further east.

I wish they included the Daamgard samples so the "ANI" side would be filled up .

Last edited by pegasus; 06-10-2019 at 02:19 AM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pegasus For This Useful Post:

bmoney (Today),  MonkeyDLuffy (06-10-2019),  Reza (06-10-2019),  Sapporo (06-10-2019)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678