Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Saka, Scythians, Sarmatians & Huns: Overview (G25 Data)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    House of Dragoş
    Y-DNA
    I2

Quote Originally Posted by Alain View Post
    no is ok I do not make any hype out of it all that was a G25 algorthim Calc. For me personally, the K36 is ancient Calc. by LukaszM, I appreciate Kurd's work but I'm not so much a fan of his Calc. although I did it all
    Is good test, most accurate, you don't have highest Scythian so you don't like it but one your parent German is expected lower.
    nMonte: "Latvia_north-eastern": 62.17,
    "Macedonia_FYROM": 18.5,
    "Pomak": 10,
    "Tajik": 2.83,
    "North_Albania": 2.5,
    "Moroccan_North": 1.83,
    "Komi": 1.33,
    "Tunisian_Berber_Chenini": 0.83,

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    House of Dragoş
    Y-DNA
    I2

Quote Originally Posted by DMXX View Post
    Do any modern East Slavic groups yield any meaningful Sintashta (>2%) in G25?

Either way, I would imagine that some pre-Slavic P-C steppe ancestry is retained by Central and Eastern Ukrainians and Southern Russians (Cimmerian admixture f.ex.).
    14.2% Sintashta I am genetically South Slavic + Baltic mix (50% Montenegro + 50% Latvia)

Father Polish Szlachta Nobleman, Mother Zaporozhian Cossacks North African/Ashkenazi mix

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mykhailo For This Useful Post:

DMXX (05-15-2019)

Administrator
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R2a*-M124 (L295-)
    mtDNA
    D4j5*

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykhailo View Post
    14.2% Sintashta I am genetically South Slavic + Baltic mix (50% Montenegro + 50% Latvia)

Father Polish Szlachta Nobleman, Mother Zaporozhian Cossacks North African/Ashkenazi mix
    Have you modeled yourself with the same setup as what CM had posted?

As someone of partial Jasz ancestry, you're a prime candidate for genuine Sintashta-related ancestry.

Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Z93
    mtDNA
    H28 (UA/GAC)

Do any modern East Slavic groups yield any meaningful Sintashta (>2%) in G25?

Either way, I would imagine that some pre-Slavic P-C steppe ancestry is retained by Central and Eastern Ukrainians and Southern Russians (Cimmerian admixture f.ex.).
    Using this reference groups there is pretty much no extra Sintashta-like ancestry among Russians. Only some Cossacks show a bit of it but these fits are not good. Some of them probably have tatar ancestry and via tatars they got Sintashta-like admixture i would say.

"sample": "Test1:Cossack_Kuban",
    "fit": 2.9287,
    "Baltic_EST_IA": 64.17,
    "HUN_Avar_Szolad": 17.5,
    "BGR_IA": 8.33,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 5,
    "RUS_Bolshoy_Oleni_Ostrov": 3.33,
    "Nganassan": 1.67,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA_o1": 0,
    "TKM_Namazga_Tepe_En": 0,

I would expect Sintashta-like ancestry in Central and South Russia but on the other side Sintashta is probably too old and after Sintashta South and Central Russia received additional EEF and probably HG geneflow already prior to Slavs i would say. So the algorithm probably will show it as Avar_Hungary-like or Baltic-like ancestry. South and Central Russians should have at least 10-20% pre-Slavic and pre-Uralic ancestry. They are genetically also more eastern and slightly more steppe shifted than early Slavs and Ukrainians/Poles. So maybe (likely in my opinion) they indeed have Indo-Iranian ancestry but rather from a Fatyanovo/Abashevo forest/forest-steppe population which was assimilated by Uralics and not effected by BMAC-like geneflow unlike Saka/Scythians/Sarmatians.
    Y-DNA: R1a> R-M417> R-Z645> R-Z93> R-Z94> R-Y3 (Sredny Stog culture)> R-L657> R-Y4(Andronovo)> R-Y6> R-Y5> R-Y920* (Pashtun)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Coldmountains For This Useful Post:

DMXX (05-15-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    House of Dragoş
    Y-DNA
    I2

Have you modeled yourself with the same setup as what CM had posted?
    What model is that? I am not sure.

Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Z93
    mtDNA
    H28 (UA/GAC)

Well West Ukrainians and South Poles are a mix of early Slavs and Balkan/Central Europeans people. Also there was later Vlach immigration into these region. So South Poles and (south)west Ukrainians are significantly more southern shifted than early Slavs. Some Ukrainians from this region cluster more with Croats/Hungarians than with other East Slavs and Ukrainians. Scythians did not really played such an important historical role here and quickly became genetically like the locals (see Scythian_Hun)
    Y-DNA: R1a> R-M417> R-Z645> R-Z93> R-Z94> R-Y3 (Sredny Stog culture)> R-L657> R-Y4(Andronovo)> R-Y6> R-Y5> R-Y920* (Pashtun)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Coldmountains For This Useful Post:

DMXX (05-15-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Indo-europeen
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Y33 Kurgan/ CWC
    mtDNA
    H76

European Union Poland Lithuania Ukraine Romania Germany
    Is good test, most accurate, you don't have highest Scythian so you don't like it but one your parent German is expected lower.
    everything is good at kurd calc. I had 8% scythian my father 13% scythian only at K35 ancient there are better components CWC early Baltic, Scythian Ze6 and Global amphora Poland ... we are first important Baltoslavic then Celto-germanic and then Scythian, I take that loose with autosomal it is 80% exactly a whole-genome test is the most accurate but too expensive
    Alain Dad
    Y-DNA R1a-Y33 Eastern Corderd Ware Culture Baltoslavic/ old Pruzzen
    H76 czech Republic/England (Celtic tribes ?) W3a1d Yamnaya Culture, Samara /Pontic steppe
    Scytho-sarmatian.

My FTDNA autosomal

East Europe 82%
    Southeast Europe 14%
    Finland 2%
    West and Central Europe 1%

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Indo-europeen
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Y33 Kurgan/ CWC
    mtDNA
    H76

Scythian009_Ukraine 28
    EMA_Czech_RISE569 10.4
    AV2_Hungary_Szolad 9.4
    AV1_Hungary_Szolad 4.4
    Scythian010_Ukraine 4.4
    DA29_Golden-Horde_European 4.2
    DA191_Hungary_Scythian 3.8
    Sungir6_Medieval_Russian 3.8
    Baiuvarii_Germanic_AEd_92 3.4
    EMA_Czech_Slav_RISE568 3
    DA112_Hallstatt-Bylany_800BC 2.8
    IA_Britain_York_6DRIF22 1.8
    LBA_Lithuania_RISE598 1.8
    SZ24_Longobard 1.6
    LBA_Denmark_RISE276 1.4
    DA171_Lithuania_350650AD 1.2
    DA199HungaryMedieval 1
    Baiuvarii_Germanic_ALH_1

Here Yourdnaportal Calc very intersting the first Scythian 009 is magyar - Slavic mix (mtdna) Scythian010 have little Bit steppe Signal Mykhailo make this Calculator
    Alain Dad
    H76 czech Republic/England (Celtic tribes ?) W3a1d Yamnaya Culture, Samara /Pontic steppe
    Scytho-sarmatian.

My FTDNA autosomal

East Europe 82%
    Southeast Europe 14%
    Finland 2%

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alain For This Useful Post:

alexfritz (05-15-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Indo-europeen
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Y33 Kurgan/ CWC
    mtDNA
    H76

I personally sometimes find it difficult to structure ancient populations in modern pouplations we need more finds and dates we have to wait for the time but in fact we are mostly Slavs and have a slight Scythian admixture and the Tartars are the direct descendants of the Scythian But you see, there are still many surprises awaiting us in the archogenetic
    Alain Dad
    Scytho-sarmatian.

My FTDNA autosomal

East Europe 82%
    Southeast Europe 14%
    Finland 2%

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    House of Dragoş
    Y-DNA
    I2

Quote Originally Posted by Coldmountains View Post
    Well West Ukrainians and South Poles are a mix of early Slavs and Balkan/Central Europeans people. Also there was later Vlach immigration into these region. So South Poles and (south)west Ukrainians are significantly more southern shifted than early Slavs. Some Ukrainians from this region cluster more with Croats/Hungarians than with other East Slavs and Ukrainians. Scythians did not really played such an important historical role here and quickly became genetically like the locals (see Scythian_Hun)
    No, Tatars got repelled out of my region very quickly I know by the Vlachs I can post link if you are having some difficulty understanding our history, but Western Scythians aka Royal Scythians were in Ukraine and Moldova before any Balto Slavic population, the Balto Slavic population that has Northeast Rus derived origin has settled there, the Scythians controled Ukrainian Steppe is a known fact their Kurgan burial mounds are found everywhere and have been excavated and analyzed. We have their data right here infront of us and if they were ancestral Balto Slavic as you proposing why scientists have labelled them as Scythians. The basis of your argument is the fact Western Scythians have a lower "Central Asian" or "Modern Islamic Admixture". Am I out of line to say that no, because you know that is basis of your debate. Cumans and Kipchaks a later Steppe populations had a very distinct genetic from eachother but they still had a Steppe alliance because of similar nomadic cultura, Western and Eastern Scythians had similar practices, different genetic.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast