Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Migrations of K, L and T

Migrations of K, L and T

Has anybody ever made a map on the migrations of various L and T clades as well as the K clade that is ancestral to L and T? is there a theory accepted by most scholars out there?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to newtoboard For This Useful Post:

Humanist (12-10-2013)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G-V2154
    mtDNA (M)
    HV4a2a

Quote Originally Posted by newtoboard View Post
    Has anybody ever made a map on the migrations of various L and T clades as well as the K clade that is ancestral to L and T? is there a theory accepted by most scholars out there?
    I do not have a migration map, but based on the data, I believe Syro-Mesopotamia and Y-DNA T may have a long history. The same goes for (certain subclades ? of) Y-DNA L and Syria/Levant.

Y-DNA T in Syro-Mesopotamia, among minorities and Syrian Arabs(?). Sources are Mendez et al., and the Assyrian DNA project at FTDNA.

This may tie-in with the above. Druze, Palestinian Christians, Alawites, and Maronites with the highest frequencies among Semitic-speaking populations.

Code:
    PopID	N	L	Language		Source
    Druze__	751	6%	Semitic	Arabic	Behar et al., Flores et al., Al-Zahery et al., Shlush et al.
    PlChris	44	5%	Semitic	Arabic	Fernandes et al.
    Alawi	104	5%	Semitic	Arabic	Donbak et al.
    Assyr	79	1%	Semitic	Aramaic	FTDNA, 23andMe (Pred. “Nestorian”)
    IraqJ	79	0%	Semitic	Hebrew	Behar et al.
    IranJ	49	0%	Semitic	Hebrew	Behar et al.
    Armen	413	2%	Indo-European	Armenian	Hererra et al.
    NiqJ	99	1%	Semitic	Hebrew/Aramaic	Nebel et al.
    GrkOrt	59	0%	Semitic	Arabic	Haber et al.
    Maron	196	4%	Semitic	Arabic/Aramaic	Haber et al.
    YemeJ	74	0%	Semitic	Hebrew/Arabic	Behar et al.
    Bakht	46	0%	Indo-Iranian (IE)	Luri	Roewer et al.
    S_Tlsh	18	0%	Indo-Iranian (IE)	Talysh	Roewer et al.
    Gilak	43	0%	Indo-Iranian (IE)	Gilaki	Roewer et al.
    Mazan	46	4%	Indo-Iranian (IE)	Mazandarani	Roewer et al.
    N_Tlsh	43	14%	Indo-Iranian (IE)	Talysh	Roewer et al.
    Last edited by Humanist; 12-10-2013 at 09:39 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Humanist For This Useful Post:

palamede (12-11-2013)

I think L1b has a long history in the Levant (that is what I believe most of the Levantine L belongs to). But I am not sure on that. For example DMXX has speculated that at least some of the Talysh L came from Central Asia. I don't see why the same can't apply to the Levant especially if we find L1a and L1c. L1b I don't know. But it does seem to have its peak among groups around the south Black and Caspian seas.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to newtoboard For This Useful Post:

Anabasis (10-26-2015),  Humanist (12-10-2013)

There seems to be a lot of claims of L originating in Iran or Mesopotamia but given the distribution of L clades South Central Asia seems more likely. L1c seems to be concentrated in South Central Asia. L1b in West Asia. L1a in South Asia. L2 in Europe.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M84>Y99171
    mtDNA (M)
    J1b3b

Ayyubid Dynasty Zand Dynasty Ararat Republic Mahabad Republic Kurdistan Rojavaya Kurdistane
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanist View Post
    I do not have a migration map, but based on the data, I believe Syro-Mesopotamia and Y-DNA T may have a long history. The same goes for (certain subclades ? of) Y-DNA L and Syria/Levant.
    What is Northern Iraqi Jews? Are there another group of Jews other than the Kurdish Jews?

There seems to be a lot of claims of L originating in Iran or Mesopotamia but given the distribution of L clades South Central Asia seems more likely. L1c seems to be concentrated in South Central Asia. L1b in West Asia. L1a in South Asia. L2 in Europe.
    There are quite many Hemshin Armenians with old L2(L1b).. I also have 2 L2* matches from Anatolia and a Cypriot..

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/...ction=yresults

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MfA For This Useful Post:

everest59 (11-17-2014),  Joe B (01-05-2014)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G-V2154
    mtDNA (M)
    HV4a2a

Quote Originally Posted by MfA View Post
    What is Northern Iraqi Jews? Are there another group of Jews other than the Kurdish Jews?
    Jews of N Iraq = Kurdish Jews. Native speakers of Northeastern Neo-Aramaic. Like myself.
    Last edited by Humanist; 01-05-2014 at 10:05 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Humanist For This Useful Post:

Joe B (01-05-2014)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G-V2154
    mtDNA (M)
    HV4a2a

Well, I am not one who is claiming L originated in Iran/Mesopotamia. I think it is a possibility. But, of course, so is farther east. We need a study devoted to the question of Y-DNA L's origin(s). Some aDNA would not hurt either.

I know you never made a claim like that. I wasn't talking about you but the fact that this seems to be a common theory on Eupedia.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to newtoboard For This Useful Post:

Humanist (01-05-2014)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- SK1480
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Ladinia Austria Tirol
    I know you never made a claim like that. I wasn't talking about you but the fact that this seems to be a common theory on Eupedia.
    The claim comes from the paper on J and T in Madagascar and east africa. They where "arab/persian" slavers with markings of T and J and first appeared as hunter/herders from the Zargos mountains ( they migrated south later). The L is due to the high balochi and gedrosian mixture plus their "union" with the Akkadian empire and their association in the northern levant.

I agree that L began in south central Asia ( so did N ) , but moved westwards. IJKLT are the same family

My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, BY143483 )

Grandfather via paternal grandmother = I1-L22 ydna
    Great grandmother paternal side = T1a1e mtdna

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1a2b- SK1480
    mtDNA (M)
    H95a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-S8172
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b17

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Ladinia Austria Tirol
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanist View Post
    you need to update the T tree...........there is a new branch

My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS3767+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, BY143483 )

Grandfather via paternal grandmother = I1-L22 ydna
    Great grandmother paternal side = T1a1e mtdna

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast