Thread: I need G25 Greek Central Anatolian, Pontic, Cappadocian, and other ME/NA Coords

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Iranian
    Nationality
    American

AchaemenidEmpire1 Iran Sassanid Empire Iran Safavid Empire Iran Kurdistan Tajikistan

I need G25 Greek Central Anatolian, Pontic, Cappadocian, and other ME/NA Coords

Hi everyone!

I'm doing a little bit of research regarding the Middle East and North Africa. I particularly need Anatolia samples. There's only one Iron age Anatolian sample and it's an outlier, so no good for use. I want to be able to measure the genetic impact Greeks had on the native Anatolian population (Ik there are no ancient Greek samples unfortunately). From what I've seen, it seems Cappadocian, Pontic Greeks, and Central Anatolian Greeks have very little (<5%) genetic contribution from mainland Greece. I've also been trying to model Anatolian ancestry in modern Turks, but due to a lack of viable IA Anatolian samples, I'm forced to use Central Greek Anatolian samples as proxy, assuming they haven't genetically changed from the pre-hellenic population of the past.

I'm also going to be needing IA Levant samples (or Early Medieval period; pre-islamic expansion), as well as Coptic Egyptian samples, and IA North African samples. There seems to be a lack of Gulf Arab samples.

If anyone has any of these samples, I will be very grateful if you can share them here. Also, if you have done any research or have models on the genetic structure of the region, that would be great if you can share those too.

TLDR; Feel free to send me as many uncommon/rare G25 coords from West Asia & North Africa, from the IronAge/Early Medieval period, as well as from the present.

Thanks in advance!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Simorgh For This Useful Post:

Chatzianastasoglou (05-08-2019),  Greekscholar (01-31-2020),  hartaisarlag (05-08-2019),  Nino90 (05-10-2019),  SonsOfHerakles (08-08-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Coptic Egyptian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-ZS12454
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b - Tara

Any luck on gulf arab samples?

Registered Users
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z93>R-YP4768
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

Quote Originally Posted by Simorgh View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm doing a little bit of research regarding the Middle East and North Africa. I particularly need Anatolia samples. There's only one Iron age Anatolian sample and it's an outlier, so no good for use. I want to be able to measure the genetic impact Greeks had on the native Anatolian population (Ik there are no ancient Greek samples unfortunately). From what I've seen, it seems Cappadocian, Pontic Greeks, and Central Anatolian Greeks have very little (<5%) genetic contribution from mainland Greece. I've also been trying to model Anatolian ancestry in modern Turks, but due to a lack of viable IA Anatolian samples, I'm forced to use Central Greek Anatolian samples as proxy, assuming they haven't genetically changed from the pre-hellenic population of the past.

I'm also going to be needing IA Levant samples (or Early Medieval period; pre-islamic expansion), as well as Coptic Egyptian samples, and IA North African samples. There seems to be a lack of Gulf Arab samples.

If anyone has any of these samples, I will be very grateful if you can share them here. Also, if you have done any research or have models on the genetic structure of the region, that would be great if you can share those too.

TLDR; Feel free to send me as many uncommon/rare G25 coords from West Asia & North Africa, from the IronAge/Early Medieval period, as well as from the present.

Thanks in advance!
    Greek Central Anatolians and Pontic Greeks are representative of the genetics of their region during Byzantine era. They are genetically mostly Anatolian/West Asian but they have also an East Med/Mycenaean element which lacks from other West Asian/Anatolian populations.
    Distance: 2.2672% / 0.02267223
    Target: Christos_scaled
    78.1 update_Peloponnese(Lakonia+Arkadia+older academic samples)
    21.9 Greek_Thessaly

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xripkan For This Useful Post:

dosas (01-30-2020),  Greekscholar (01-31-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z2103>R-Y155609
    mtDNA (M)
    W6c1a

Greece Greek Macedonia Empire of Trebizond Byzantine Empire
    Since this is the thread where we ask for Pontic Greek stuff, I am looking for the elusive Azov_Greek samples, referenced in MDLP calculators (World 22 and K23b), if anyone knows where to find them.
    55.8% Greek Central Macedonia + 44.2% Greek Trabzon @ 1.46

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dosas For This Useful Post:

Greekscholar (01-31-2020)