Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 135

Thread: Relative finder distribution of South Asian Caste and Tribal Haplogroups

  1. #11
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,864

    Quote Originally Posted by paulgill View Post
    I don't quit understand what you are looking for I have 23andMe results. Geno 2.0 results and FTDNA 37 STRs? I am J1-Z1853* and Mt H14a.
    Very unusual groups for a South Asian. Is your line P58-?

  2. #12
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,864

    Quote Originally Posted by soulblighter View Post
    4) Remove yDNA and mtDNA that you know are not from a south Asian parent (if you don't know, leave it as is)
    Shouldn't you have removed I1* from the paternal list?

  3. #13
    Registered Users
    Posts
    412
    Sex
    Location
    U.S
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    Z30522+
    mtDNA
    C4a1a (T195C!)

    India United States of America Chola Empire India Maratha Empire
    Pashtun (Sein)
    Note: Many non south Asian matches

    Pashtun.jpg




    Punjabi Jatt (Paul Gill)


    Punjabi Jatt.jpg
    Last edited by soulblighter; 12-13-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Paternal YDNA: G-P303+ -> G-Z30522+
    Paternal mtDNA: U7a3b1
    Maternal YDNA: R-Z2123+ -> R-YP526+
    Maternal mtDNA: C4a1 (T195C!)

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to soulblighter For This Useful Post:

     Sein (12-13-2013)

  5. #14
    Registered Users
    Posts
    412
    Sex
    Location
    U.S
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    Z30522+
    mtDNA
    C4a1a (T195C!)

    India United States of America Chola Empire India Maratha Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by newtoboard View Post
    Shouldn't you have removed I1* from the paternal list?
    He did not indicate ancestral origins and I have no contact with this match.
    Paternal YDNA: G-P303+ -> G-Z30522+
    Paternal mtDNA: U7a3b1
    Maternal YDNA: R-Z2123+ -> R-YP526+
    Maternal mtDNA: C4a1 (T195C!)

  6. #15
    Registered Users
    Posts
    545
    Sex
    Omitted

    Quote Originally Posted by soulblighter View Post
    I am starting this thread to ask members from South Asia with all 4 grandparents from the same ethnicity to post a Pie chart of relative finder haplogroups (Please post only if you have more than 75 relative finder results).
    I dont think many south asians have 75 relatives in 23 and me .You could lower the threshold to around 25

    Are all those relatives real ones ? i am surprised you got that much relatives considering not many south asians have actually tested through 23andme

  7. #16
    Registered Users
    Posts
    545
    Sex
    Omitted

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_McNinja View Post
    How long does Geno 2.0 take to deliver results? Is it really 6-8 weeks or is it sooner? They just got my sample a few days ago.
    For me it took exactly 6 weeks after they checked in my sample

  8. #17
    Registered Users
    Posts
    412
    Sex
    Location
    U.S
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    Z30522+
    mtDNA
    C4a1a (T195C!)

    India United States of America Chola Empire India Maratha Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by BMG View Post
    I dont think many south asians have 75 relatives in 23 and me .You could lower the threshold to around 25

    Are all those relatives real ones ? i am surprised you got that much relatives considering not many south asians have actually tested through 23andme
    Ok, I just lowered it to 30.
    Yes, the matches are real. I actually have 163 matches to date. most if not all of them are south Indian Brahmins. I think it is because of the over representation of this ethnicity in the United States ( with possibly more exposure to the product)

    and this is exactly why I have been asking for south Asians to come together to help test the major under represented groups(i think the Brahmin ethnicity is less than 2% of the south Indian population?)
    Last edited by soulblighter; 12-13-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    Paternal YDNA: G-P303+ -> G-Z30522+
    Paternal mtDNA: U7a3b1
    Maternal YDNA: R-Z2123+ -> R-YP526+
    Maternal mtDNA: C4a1 (T195C!)

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soulblighter For This Useful Post:

     BMG (12-14-2013),  Sein (12-13-2013)

  10. #18
    Registered Users
    Posts
    545
    Sex
    Omitted

    Quote Originally Posted by soulblighter View Post
    Yes, the matches are real. I actually have 163 matches to date. most if not all of them are south Indian Brahmins. I think it is because of the over representation of this ethnicity in the United States ( with possibly more exposure to the product)
    I think the endogamy and relatively less population would have narrowed the gene pool.So many of those matches would actually be much more generations before than the posited one and thus increasing the number of matches .I have around 10 matches in ftdna family finder .not only all of them are syrian christians almost all have atleast a fifth cousin relationship to each other . I have been told that a similar situation occurs among ashkenazy jews also

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to BMG For This Useful Post:

     Sein (12-13-2013)

  12. #19
    Banned
    Posts
    1,102
    Sex
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1-M417 (Z94).
    mtDNA
    M4'67

    How long does Geno 2.0 take to deliver results? Is it really 6-8 weeks or is it sooner? They just got my sample a few days ago.
    For me, I believe it took 12 weeks. I'm really curious as to your results.
    Last edited by Sein; 12-13-2013 at 07:41 PM.

  13. #20
    Registered Users
    Posts
    412
    Sex
    Location
    U.S
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    Z30522+
    mtDNA
    C4a1a (T195C!)

    India United States of America Chola Empire India Maratha Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by BMG View Post
    I think the endogamy and relatively less population would have narrowed the gene pool.So many of those matches would actually be much more generations before than the posited one and thus increasing the number of matches .I have around 10 matches in ftdna family finder .not only all of them are syrian christians almost all have atleast a fifth cousin relationship to each other . I have been told that a similar situation occurs among ashkenazy jews also
    That is very true.
    My mom is the only real relative I have on 23andme. None of the other relationships they suggest make any sense.
    I supposedly have 9 second to third cousins, 60 fourth cousins! and 105 distant cousins...

    The Tamil Brahmin community appears very inbred.
    Last edited by soulblighter; 12-13-2013 at 07:55 PM.
    Paternal YDNA: G-P303+ -> G-Z30522+
    Paternal mtDNA: U7a3b1
    Maternal YDNA: R-Z2123+ -> R-YP526+
    Maternal mtDNA: C4a1 (T195C!)

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soulblighter For This Useful Post:

     BMG (12-14-2013),  Sein (12-13-2013)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-17-2014, 08:08 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 06:57 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 03:01 PM
  4. Finnic Relative Finder Matches
    By J Man in forum 23andMe
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2013, 12:59 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 03:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •