Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My heritage result for a half Lebanese and half Italian, itís normal this results ???

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    NW European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L196
    mtDNA
    T2b4a

United States of America England Ireland German Confederation Prussia Rheinland Germany Palatinate
    My Heritage gave me nearly 10% East Europe and neither Ancestry nor 23andMe has Eastern Europe in my results. My Heritage also gave me 0% Scandinavian while Ancestry gave me 8% and 23andMe ~5%. I used my 23andMe raw data and uploaded to My Heritage. I would say it's not very good. In addition, I get 0% non-British Isles NW Europe on My Heritage but nearly 22% German on 23andMe South Asian beta and 7% Germanic Europe on Ancestry (more German could be lumped into my 62% England/Wales/NW Europe result). I can trace relatives to Germany in my tree from the 1820s.

Registered Users
    Sex

It's nothing new for MyHeritage to confuse Levantine people with their Jewish categories. Probably due to shared ancestry that fits better than their broadly Middle Eastern category (since Jews have Levantine roots specifically). Either way MyHeritage isn't exactly the best company for ethnicity estimation, to say the least.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bzaa't For This Useful Post:

jetshop (06-05-2019),  SecretExplorer (06-12-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    U5

Quote Originally Posted by Ruderico View Post
    He got West Asian + Sephardi instead, which is odd. Myheritage is trash anyway, I suggest getting G25 or at least uploading to Gedmatch, the raw data is always useful
    This kind of weird estimations are present not only on MyHeritage.There are some Caucasian Jews get 90-100%(!) Asia Minor on MyOrigins.I wonder who are reference populations to West Asia and Asia Minor?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123