Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Danube Farmers VS Western Euro Farmers

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    54
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    N1b1b

    Danube Farmers VS Western Euro Farmers

    Structure/substructure differences within the “farmers” is indeed on the somewhat subtle side of the spectrum mainly differing by WHG levels, but what else separates these two? Been thinking more lately again about farmer structure...

    I got asking more questions about this once I realized farmers staying further east a little longer (Danubian farmers and related?) just seem a little different. Take the bearers of my own mtdna haplogroup by example; mtdna N1b1 during the Neolithic is confined to the Tisza area and associated cultures. Sup with that?

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cellachán For This Useful Post:

     Jessie (06-02-2019),  parastais (05-31-2019),  Radboud (05-31-2019),  rms2 (06-01-2019),  VytautusofAukstaitija (06-03-2019)

  3. #2
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    337
    Sex

    Interesting topic. I am looking forward to see what others have to say about this.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J Man For This Useful Post:

     Cellachán (05-31-2019),  parastais (05-31-2019),  Radboud (05-31-2019),  rms2 (06-01-2019)

  5. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    54
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    N1b1b

    No bites?

  6. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,119
    Sex
    Omitted

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellachán View Post
    No bites?
    Take a look at this recent paper: https://www.cell.com/current-biology...822(19)30145-9

    It states that Magdalenian ancestry survived in Iberia and can even be traced in Iberian and Irish farmers. There is a spreadsheet with qpAdm results on the Magdalenian ancestry in a number of farmers. Polish GAC carry it as well.

    EDIT: Can't find the link of the spreadsheet though :-\. Whenever I come across it I will add it.

  7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to epoch For This Useful Post:

     Cellachán (06-01-2019),  J Man (06-01-2019),  Jessie (06-02-2019),  JMcB (06-02-2019),  Judith (06-08-2019),  palamede (06-02-2019),  Psynome (06-01-2019),  rms2 (06-01-2019),  VytautusofAukstaitija (06-03-2019)

  8. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    54
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    N1b1b

    Quote Originally Posted by epoch View Post
    Take a look at this recent paper: https://www.cell.com/current-biology...822(19)30145-9

    It states that Magdalenian ancestry survived in Iberia and can even be traced in Iberian and Irish farmers. There is a spreadsheet with qpAdm results on the Magdalenian ancestry in a number of farmers. Polish GAC carry it as well.


    EDIT: Can't find the link of the spreadsheet though :-\. Whenever I come across it I will add it.
    Thanks for the link...so as expected, all H3, a lot of H1, and other groups are forager, but later spread throughout via later migrations.

  9. #6
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    337
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellachán View Post
    Thanks for the link...so as expected, all H3, a lot of H1, and other groups are forager, but later spread throughout via later migrations.
    I do not know if mtDNA haplogroups H1 and H3 are of Mesolithic forager origin? U5, U4 and certain clades of U2 certainly are though.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to J Man For This Useful Post:

     Cellachán (06-01-2019)

  11. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    54
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    N1b1b

    Quote Originally Posted by J Man View Post
    I do not know if mtDNA haplogroups H1 and H3 are of Mesolithic forager origin? U5, U4 and certain clades of U2 certainly are though.
    Perhaps I was hasty.

  12. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    54
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    N1b1b

    Quote Originally Posted by J Man View Post
    I do not know if mtDNA haplogroups H1 and H3 are of Mesolithic forager origin? U5, U4 and certain clades of U2 certainly are though.
    One of my buds is mtdna U2e2 with his maternal ancestry being likely all British isles derived. Eastern euro hg lineage brought west by beakers and such?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cellachán For This Useful Post:

     J Man (06-01-2019)

  14. #9
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    337
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellachán View Post
    Perhaps I was hasty.
    I have seen that some folks seem to think that H1 and H3 may have travelled to Iberia with Neolithic Cardial Ware groups but I am not sure exactly where they originally came from.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to J Man For This Useful Post:

     Cellachán (06-02-2019)

  16. #10
    Registered Users
    Posts
    54
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    N1b1b

    Quote Originally Posted by J Man View Post
    I have seen that some folks seem to think that H1 and H3 may have travelled to Iberia with Neolithic Cardial Ware groups but I am not sure exactly where they originally came from.
    Interesting, not sure I’ve ever heard that. I still have to digest, but makes some kind of sense. Where is the ancient-most H3 found?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. T in Lazaridis et al First Farmers
    By Saetro in forum T
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-14-2018, 06:54 PM
  2. Early Mediteranean Farmers
    By Flavio in forum Ancient (aDNA)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-19-2017, 10:01 PM
  3. Autosomes: farmers & nomads...
    By Bulat in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2017, 08:37 PM
  4. How the First Farmers Changed History
    By PLogan in forum Archaeology (Prehistory)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2016, 02:14 PM
  5. Why R1b is linked to the Neolithic farmers?
    By Tolan in forum R1b General
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 11-23-2015, 12:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •