Y-DNA (P)
    J-L283
    mtDNA (M)
    X2d2

Israel

Geno 2.0 DNA Ancestry kits are no longer available for purchase

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/

Genographic Project Update
    The Genographic Project was launched in 2005 as a research project in collaboration with scientists and universities around the world with a goal of revealing patterns of human migration. Since then, nearly 1 million people have participated in The Genographic Project through National Geographic’s “Geno” DNA Ancestry kits. The public participation phase of this research project is ending and, as a result, effective May 31, 2019, Geno 2.0 DNA Ancestry kits are no longer available for purchase. If you have already purchased a kit, you may still send it in for processing in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of sale.

National Geographic currently plans to maintain this site, through which customers may access their results, until the end of 2020. Please see our FAQ page for more information.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to talombo For This Useful Post:

Calamus (06-03-2019),  eastara (06-03-2019),  Erik (06-02-2019),  KSDA (06-05-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

You can buy a kit on ebay. But, make sure you check your raw data. National Geographic gives wrong results.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British-Scandinavian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF99
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a

England Denmark Wales Scotland Sweden
    Due to numerous errors and omissions, this test was a waste of money for many people, often producing incorrect or incomplete and misleading results. It's no loss. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, and for those who did take it, I would recommend they do a test with another company to verify the result.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Danish, English, Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-Z58
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c

United States Grand Union Denmark England Ireland Leinster Ireland Munster
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenHind View Post
    Due to numerous errors and omissions, this test was a waste of money for many people, often producing incorrect or incomplete and misleading results. It's no loss. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, and for those who did take it, I would recommend they do a test with another company to verify the result.
    Hear, hear.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bog Body For This Useful Post:

GoldenHind (07-24-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Alpine
    Nationality
    Tirolean
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U106
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a2a1g

Austrian Empire Italy Trentino Alto Adige Republic of Venice European Union
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenHind View Post
    I enjoy Geno 2.0 test, but after that i uploaded RAW datas (from Geno) to other websites as FTDna (for free), LivingDNA (paying 30 euro more) and on GEDmatch (for free).

Results coming from this other application has to be consider still wrong?

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British-Scandinavian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF99
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a

Quote Originally Posted by Diego.Ṃchen View Post
    I enjoy Geno 2.0 test, but after that i uploaded RAW datas (from Geno) to other websites as FTDna (for free), LivingDNA (paying 30 euro more) and on GEDmatch (for free).

I wouldn't say your result should be considered wrong, just suspect. Geno 2 was notorious for false positive results, particularly with certain markers.but that doesn't mean every result was incorrect. I haven't heard of any examples of false positives for R-U106, so if that was your result, it may well be accurate.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    7/8 European,1/8 Hawaiian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2>BY4242-Germany
    mtDNA (M)
    H3h-Germany
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-FT41362-Azores, Pt
    mtDNA (P)
    W6a-Slovakia

United States of America Germany Italy Azores Slovakia Hawaii
    Yeah, my GENO 2.0 results cost me quite a bit of money. I'm a rare version of R-L2. I had already proved that I wasn't any of the larger descendant groups so hoped that the GENO 2.0 might find something underneath L2. It came back with some interesting novel positives from this test and I decided to validate them at FTDNA. After I had tested 3 and all were proven negative I gave up.

But I blame myself for that and still enjoyed looking over the results and found it worthwhile. It just couldn't compare with what was to come.
    Daughter's ggg grandparents(father to left, mother to right)
    Y-DNA: R-BY4242, R-Z344, ?, ?, E-FT41362, ?, E-L29, ?, R-Z20907, ?, ?, ?, R-L2, R-L20, ?, ?
    MT-DNA: ?, ?, H3g, ?, ?, ?, ?, W6a, ?, N1b1, ?, B4a1a1, ?, U5b2a, ?, H3h, ?, ?, H15a1, ?, ?, ?, ?, I3a, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, K1c1g

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British-Scandinavian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF99
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a

Quote Originally Posted by Diego.Ṃchen View Post

In doing a bit of research, I have discovered that Geno 2 may have assigned some samples to U106 based on a false positive result for a marker under U106. U106 itself was included in the Geno 2 test, so I suggest checking your result for that marker.