Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L1065>S744>S691*
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b19a*

A treasure map to understanding the epigenetic causes of disease

Hot off the press - https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-...c-disease.html
    More than 15 years after scientists first mapped the human genome, most diseases still cannot be predicted based on one's genes, leading researchers to explore epigenetic causes of disease. But the study of epigenetics cannot be approached the same way as genetics, so progress has been slow. Now, researchers at the USDA/ARS Children's Nutrition Research Center at Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children's Hospital have determined a unique fraction of the genome that scientists should focus on.
    To do this, they focused on the most stable form of epigenetic regulation—DNA methylation. This addition of methyl groups to the DNA molecule occurs in the embryonic state and can impact health for your entire life.
    The nearly 10,000 regions the researchers mapped out, called correlated regions of systemic interindividual variation (CoRSIVs), comprise a previously unrecognized level of molecular individuality in humans.
    "Because epigenetic marking has the power to stably silence or stably activate genes, any disease that has a genetic basis could equally likely have an epigenetic basis," Waterland said. "There is incredible potential for us to understand disease processes from an epigenetic perspective. CoRSIVs are the entryway to that."
    I have only scanned the research here - https://genomebiology.biomedcentral....059-019-1708-1
    It is increasingly apparent that most of the complex genetic diseases (cancer, neurodegenerative disease, metabolic disease, heart disease) that remain undeciphered are a reservoir of epigenetic modification. I hope that this will prove to be a leap forward in epigenetic research, moving what has been a very esoteric corner of research into the mainstream of molecular diagnosis. Molecular genetics is complex beyond imagining in it's own right, but this pushes that to the nth degree. I don't think I will see the benefits of this research in my lifetime, but perhaps my children and grandchildren and their children may.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ysearcher For This Useful Post:

Piquerobi (06-03-2019),  Tats (07-12-2019)

Sex

Present days the newer molecular system helps to detect the diseases as early when compared with microbial methods. The approach of early finding the disease is followed by specific analyses that helps to cure the patient faster.