Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your body fat percentage?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    1/2 Ilocano 1/2 Tagalog
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    C-M130
    mtDNA
    B4a1a

Philippines

What is your body fat percentage?

I got tested electronically at my local drugstore and these were my results:

15.2% body fat :-)

My height at the time was 5'9 and weight 135 lbs w/out clothes & shoes on that is

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shazou For This Useful Post:

Seabass (06-15-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by shazou View Post
    I got tested electronically at my local drugstore and these were my results:

15.2% body fat :-)

My height at the time was 5'9 and weight 135 lbs w/out clothes & shoes on that is
    I'm your exact height in centimetres too and I must say that 135 lbs without clothes first thing in the morning, after peeing and before breakfast is very light! It's generally more a height and weight you would see of an endurance athlete or featherweight boxer, martial artist.

When I was 130 lbs I considered myself anorexic and was diagnosed borderline anorexic, ie the start. I probably was probably very near 10% body fat or under it too but I came to hate it. Since that time 3 years ago, I've fluctuated in weight a bit but am today sitting at 165 lbs. Scales and grip tests tell me my BF% is anywhere between 16-20% so I just go with 20. Hoping to finish a slow bulk at 170 lbs before dropping to 160 lbs, IMO 160 lbs is the sweet spot for me with a more toned and lean physique. I am naturally smaller framed or ectomorph with mild mesomorphic traits I think.

Gold Class Member
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Y-DNA
    I-Y6228
    mtDNA
    H5c

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    140 lbs? I haven't weighed that little since junior high when I was very skinny. You should do some weightlifting and eat a little more take your proteins. You're too light man and you're not a short guy.

Right now I'm about 185 pushing to 190 might even go up to 200. Been lifting weights about twice a week and making good muscle gains. I don't need these things to tell me how much body fat I have because I can see it and feel it, besides they're not totally accurate either. I don't have saggy man boobs to me that's the most important indicator of the kind of shape you're in.

Speaking of that how about Andy Ruiz that just knocked out Anthony Joshua lol talk about superhero body vs fat ass. What an upset that was.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to oz For This Useful Post:

Ruderico (06-19-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Khatri/J&K/Multan
    Nationality
    India
    Y-DNA
    J2b2a
    mtDNA
    U2b

India United States of America India Punjab Jammu and Kashmir
    155lbs 5'10 12%bf. Slow bulk is hard, and in my early thirties I can't put on that much muscle anymore. I think if I am back to 165-170 around 15% I'll be happy.

Gold Class Member
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Y-DNA
    I-Y6228
    mtDNA
    H5c

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_lime View Post
    155lbs 5'10 12%bf. Slow bulk is hard, and in my early thirties I can't put on that much muscle anymore. I think if I am back to 165-170 around 15% I'll be happy.
    You make it sound like early 30's is already old age.

Not for me, I'm 31 years old also 5'10 and I'm gaining muscle very abundantly. I'm only doing twice a week, one day upper body and one day legs, around 45 minutes per workout. I feel and look better than ever before. When I gain enough size and muscle I'll do it all only once a week to maintain good shape. It's freaking easy even for a lazy guy like me. Plus it's good and necessary for my overall health all I do is sit around and sleep pretty much 24/7.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to oz For This Useful Post:

Ruderico (06-19-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    I1a1b1
    mtDNA
    H1c3

England Ireland Wales Scotland England North of England European Union
    I'm 5 foot 9 and about 200lbs (trying to lose weight at the moment). I've never had my body fat measured as far as I can remember, it's probably not too healthy for a man though.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    India
    Y-DNA
    J2b2a
    mtDNA
    U2b

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    You make it sound like early 30's is already old age.

Not for me, I'm 31 years old also 5'10 and I'm gaining muscle very abundantly. I'm only doing twice a week, one day upper body and one day legs, around 45 minutes per workout. I feel and look better than ever before. When I gain enough size and muscle I'll do it all only once a week to maintain good shape. It's freaking easy even for a lazy guy like me. Plus it's good and necessary for my overall health all I do is sit around and sleep pretty much 24/7.
    That sit around is helping you with the muscle gain. Testosterone levels do drop off in the 30's, so things do become harder. I used to be able to gain muscle without trying much in my early 20's. I could probably train more for hypertrophy instead of strength. Eat in more of a surplus too, but I just don't want to gain too much fat. The bulk cut has never served me well.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    India
    Y-DNA
    J2b2a
    mtDNA
    U2b

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen1986 View Post
    I'm 5 foot 9 and about 200lbs (trying to lose weight at the moment). I've never had my body fat measured as far as I can remember, it's probably not too healthy for a man though.
    Keto, low carb, intermittent fasting all really help. For me just giving up on any sugar to start made a big difference. Then later I did keto and lost about 12lbs, 5-6 inches off my waist as well, all in 8 weeks. Reddit has a good keto, intermittent fasting community if you want to take a look.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to agent_lime For This Useful Post:

Stephen1986 (06-15-2019)

Gold Class Member
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Y-DNA
    I-Y6228
    mtDNA
    H5c

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Every workout I lift the same amount of reps and sets but at least 10lbs heavier, progressive overload, and the gains keep coming.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to oz For This Useful Post:

agent_lime (06-15-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    I-A14097

Canada Netherlands United Kingdom Ireland France Cornwall
    I'm not entirely sure what my exact bodyfat measurement is, though if the Navy method is anything to go by it is in the "Athletic" range. So anywhere between 10-15%, I'm 5'11"–6'0" and about 195lbs. I've always been fairly lean my whole life, and I workout roughly 3+ times a week rotating phases of hypertrophy and strength. I focus most of my workouts around the more demanding exercises, at least when I'm not dealing with bouts of injury or what have you.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to spruithean For This Useful Post:

DMXX (06-16-2019)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast