Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Population genomics of the Viking world (bioxiv, 2019, Copenhagen)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northwest European
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22

Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by rms2 View Post
    But no one else says Elp came from Unetice.

Got an uncle or a cousin to test?
    Unetice is to early but a movement from the Central European room

Would be an idea!!! I could ask my cousin.

I'm not the only one!

Google translate:
    The early Bronze Age is divided into two sections in Lower Saxony. There existed during the early section nor the Neolithic single tomb culture, which asserted itself in Northwest Germany in addition to the Aunjetitzer culture. The grave burial of Metzendorf-Woxdorf (Harburg district) is considered a grave of the single grave culture with strong connections to the Aunetitzer culture of Bohemia. At this time, numerous bronze Randleistenbeile arrived to Lower Saxony, whose localities on the Weser form a clear western boundary.
    In the final section of the early days of the bailiwick, the Sögel-Wohlde-Kreis was formed in north-western Germany. It was built between 1600 and 1500 BC. Chr. Is detectable. He was named after the Lower Saxony sites Sögel (Kreis Emsland) and Dohnsen-Wohlde (Celle) named. It was not a culture, but a Grabsittenkreis, for which certain weapons in man graves are typical.
    The Sögel-Wohlde-Kreis was widespread in eastern North Rhine-Westphalia, Lower Saxony and southern Schleswig-Holstein. In the west he reached northern Holland. Its eastern border was marked by the circles Celle, Soltau-Fallingbostel and Harburg.
    In the eastern Ilmenau valley (circles Lüneburg and Uelzen) and in Hanoverian Wendland (circle Lüchow-Dannenberg) and in the Altmark was followed by the latest single grave culture parallel to the Sögel-Wohlde-Kreis with the last influences of Aunitzitzer culture, which is characterized by certain Randleistenbeile These hatchets did not reach west beyond the Ilmenautal. The best time for this phase is documented east of the Sögel-Wohlde-Kreis by some clay pots from the urn cemetery Hamburg-Sande.

http://archaeologie-welt.blogspot.co...00-1500-v.html

Aunjetitzer= German for Unetice

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Finn For This Useful Post:

JonikW (08-23-2019),  Kristiina (08-24-2019),  palamede (08-24-2019)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-DF27>DF83
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1

Wales Ireland Scotland France Bretagne England Switzerland
    None of that says Elp, but you should get a cousin in your maternal grandfather's y line tested.

Hidden Content

Y-DNA: R1b-L21> DF13> Z39589> DF41> FGC5572> BY166> FGC36974> FGC36982> FGC36981

Additional Data:
    Lactase Persistent:
    rs4988235 AA (13910 TT)
    rs182549 TT (22018 AA)

Red Hair Carrier:
    Arg160Trp+ (rs1805008 T) aka R160W

Dad's mtDNA: K1a1

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rms2 For This Useful Post:

JonikW (08-23-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northwest European
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22

Netherlands
    None of that says Elp, but you should get a cousin in your maternal grandfather's y line tested.
    Sögel-Wohlde is the kick start of Elp (see if you don't have confidence the remarks of Professor Fokkens, he clearly states that).

Prof Harry Fokkens (1998):
    ''The northern Netherlands is part of the northern group (NW Germany and Denmark) especially of the Sögeler Kreis characterized by a number of distinctive men's graves. The Drouwen grave is the best known Dutch example.It's remarkable that the Elp culture has never been presented as the immigration of a new group of people. Because clearly this period was a time when a number of new elements made their entry while others disappeared. The disappearance of beakers, the appearance of the Sögel men's graves with the first 'swords', among other things, the fully extended burial posture, under barrows; all the factors have been reason enough in the past to conclude that the Elp culture represented an immigration of Sögel warriors."

And wiki Elp (Dutch wiki, so google translate)

The first phase is characterized by burial mounds (1800 - 1200 BC), and is strongly linked to simultaneous burial mounds in northern Germany and Scandinavia, and apparently also related to burial mound culture (1600 - 1200 BC) in Central Europe. During this period, the dead were buried in shallow pits and covered by a low burial mound.

This phase was followed by a period 1200 to 800 BC. in which the culture came under the influence of Central European urn field culture. The dead were no longer buried, but cremated and buried in urns and low burial mounds. Family cemeteries only occurred in the later phases.
    https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elpcultuur

Oostwoud R1b U106 is from the same time.
    Last edited by Finn; 08-23-2019 at 06:14 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finn For This Useful Post:

palamede (08-24-2019),  uintah106 (08-23-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Yeah, Elp, not Kurgan Bell Beaker. I believe Elp is thought to have spread from Scandinavia. Those two skeletons (one male U106 and one female) were stretched out on their backs unlike Kurgan BB burials, and they were later than the neighboring P312 KBB burials.
    OK, I just wondered if the call was refuted but it wasn't. Yes, Elp had some very un-BB cultural traits. But are they scandinavian? Their pottery is called "Kummerkeramik" which describes the poor quality. The supine burials. These look like Vlaardingen culture characteristics to me. But I might be wrong.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northwest European
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22

Netherlands
    @Epoch indeed not Scandic but Unetice/Tumulus derived....see remarks of Fokkens and Probst.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-DF27>DF83
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1

Quote Originally Posted by epoch View Post
    OK, I just wondered if the call was refuted but it wasn't. Yes, Elp had some very un-BB cultural traits. But are they scandinavian? Their pottery is called "Kummerkeramik" which describes the poor quality. The supine burials. These look like Vlaardingen culture characteristics to me. But I might be wrong.
    I'm no Elp expert, but I know it extended up into Jutland. It wasn't present in the Netherlands before about 1800 BC, so it had to come from someplace else.

Finn wants U106 to be Celtic, so he often tries to derive Elp from Unetice, as if that would make Elp Celtic or Proto-Celtic, and since a U106 was found in a likely Elp tumulus, that would constitute a tenuous connection to the tenuously-Celtic Unetice culture. Of course, we already have a U106 in Unetice, but it's later than the U106 in Swedish Battle Axe.

I think U106 was in the northern sphere of Kurgan Bell Beaker and didn't come south until Kurgan Bell Beaker was done or about done.

Hidden Content

Y-DNA: R1b-L21> DF13> Z39589> DF41> FGC5572> BY166> FGC36974> FGC36982> FGC36981

Additional Data:
    Lactase Persistent:
    rs4988235 AA (13910 TT)
    rs182549 TT (22018 AA)

Red Hair Carrier:

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northwest European
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22

Netherlands
    I'm no Elp expert, but I know it extended up into Jutland. It wasn't present in the Netherlands before about 1800 BC, so it had to come from someplace else.

Finn wants U106 to be Celtic, so he often tries to derive Elp from Unetice, as if that would make Elp Celtic or Proto-Celtic, and since a U106 was found in a likely Elp tumulus, that would constitute a tenuous connection to the tenuously-Celtic Unetice culture.

I think U106 was in the northern sphere of Kurgan Bell Beaker and didn't come south until Kurgan Bell Beaker was done or about done.
    Sad Rms2 you aren't more open for some fairness. When something it brought on the scene what you don't like then you deny and if denial isn't working than you repeat something that I didn't intent in this way. Thas has something villain (IMO), but that's obviously how it works.

That Celtic thing is not my intention. So cut that crap.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-DF27>DF83
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Sad Rms2 you aren't more open for some fairness. When something it brought on the scene what you don't like then you deny and if denial isn't working than you repeat something that I didn't intent in this way. Thas has something villain (IMO), but that's obviously how it works.

That Celtic thing is not my intention. So cut that crap.
    I've read too many of your posts, Finn.

I'm fair, but being fair doesn't mean agreeing with you even though you have failed to prove your point (whatever it is).

Hidden Content

Additional Data:
    Lactase Persistent:
    rs4988235 AA (13910 TT)
    rs182549 TT (22018 AA)

Red Hair Carrier:

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northwest European
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22

Netherlands
    So Elp is a Nordic Bell Beaker derivative, well than you have something to explain.

You are really the only one who relates the Elp culture to Nordic Bell Beakers that went to NW Germany and North Dutch.

Give at least some evidence or sources....

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northwest European
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22

Netherlands
    I've read too many of your posts, Finn.

I'm fair, but being fair doesn't mean agreeing with you even though you have failed to prove your point (whatever it is).
    Simply Fokkens en Probst are reliable sources.

Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast