Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Sri Lankan Tamil and telugu samples from London

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    657
    Sex
    Location
    Places
    Ethnicity
    Tamil

    Chola Empire India India Maratha Empire North Korea Kazakhstan Dravida Nadu

    Sri Lankan Tamil and telugu samples from London

    So i keep hearing about these sri lankan tamil (SLT) and Indian Telugu(Itu) samples from london. I saw the harappa dna results containing Punjabis from lahore(PJL) Gujuratis from houston(GIH) and Bengalis.

    If anyone has the harappadna results for the SLT or ITU samples can you put them on a google doc. NonBrahmin Dravidian samples are few in number so this can be valueble

  2. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,362
    Sex
    Location
    Loe Banr
    Y-DNA (P)
    H1a* (H-Y33670*)
    mtDNA (M)
    M5a

    Not complete list because many samples are missing, I think "AS user" (can't remember exact username) stopped updating after certain time. But you can find few ITU (Indian Telugu UK) and STU (Sri Lankan Tamils UK) sample results in this link.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2042939046

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to bol_nat For This Useful Post:

     parasar (04-13-2016)

  4. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    657
    Sex
    Location
    Places
    Ethnicity
    Tamil

    Chola Empire India India Maratha Empire North Korea Kazakhstan Dravida Nadu
    Im assuming the telugu samples are either brahmins or from mercantile castes. One thing to take into consideration is that Sri Lankan Tamils in the UK came as refugees, and mainly poor. So their diaspora is not just vellalars, but also have substantial lower caste/dalit population. There is a serious lack of sample size, but I estimate, many of them would be scoring between 65-70 percent south Indian.

  5. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    431
    Sex
    Location
    Elegant Decay
    Ethnicity
    Brahmin Mixed S India
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1a1b2a1a (Y7+)
    mtDNA (M)
    M5a2a

    United States of America India Myanmar
    Last edited by Varun R; 04-11-2016 at 02:50 AM.

  6. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    914
    Sex
    Location
    Duggar
    Ethnicity
    (Jammu) Dogra
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a (R-M124)
    mtDNA (M)
    U4b1a1a1

    Canada Jammu and Kashmir India
    Quote Originally Posted by bol_nat View Post
    Not complete list because many samples are missing, I think "AS user" (can't remember exact username) stopped updating after certain time. But you can find few ITU (Indian Telugu UK) and STU (Sri Lankan Tamils UK) sample results in this link.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2042939046
    Everest59 did all this work.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to bored For This Useful Post:

     parasar (04-13-2016)

  8. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    3,375
    Sex
    Location
    Chicago
    Ethnicity
    Baloch Kashmiri Uzbek Kho
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA (M)
    A8a

    Pakistan United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by bored View Post
    Everest59 did all this work.
    I haven't seen him on forever, any idea what's up?
    “Chahar chez est tohfay Multan, Gard-o- Garma, Gada-o- Goristan”.

    Four things are the gift of Multan: Dusty winds, hot seasons, beggars and graveyards.




  9. #7
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    8,159

    Quote Originally Posted by tamilgangster View Post
    So i keep hearing about these sri lankan tamil (SLT) and Indian Telugu(Itu) samples from london. I saw the harappa dna results containing Punjabis from lahore(PJL) Gujuratis from houston(GIH) and Bengalis.

    If anyone has the harappadna results for the SLT or ITU samples can you put them on a google doc. NonBrahmin Dravidian samples are few in number so this can be valueble
    One ITU - HG04098 https://catalog.coriell.org/0/Sectio...04098&PgId=166 - happens to be my closest non family Y relative.
    I have 1 SNP (FGC7405/Y2392) shared with HG04098.
    http://www.ytree.net/SNPinfoForPerson.php?personID=2449
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Y2392/

  10. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    657
    Sex
    Location
    Places
    Ethnicity
    Tamil

    Chola Empire India India Maratha Empire North Korea Kazakhstan Dravida Nadu
    Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    One ITU - HG04098 https://catalog.coriell.org/0/Sectio...04098&PgId=166 - happens to be my closest non family Y relative.
    I have 1 SNP (FGC7405/Y2392) shared with HG04098.
    http://www.ytree.net/SNPinfoForPerson.php?personID=2449
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Y2392/
    Can someone have the harappa dna results for these samples, there is a serious underrepresentation of nonbrahmin south indian and sri lankan populations

  11. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    64
    Sex
    Location
    London, UK
    Ethnicity
    Tamil
    Nationality
    SL
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1
    mtDNA (M)
    U2b

    Hi I'm interested in creating a chart with all the individual Sri Lankan Tamil autosomal results from 1000genomes with the harappa DNA calculator. How would I harness the data under the harappa DNA calculator? Would I have to download each individual file and run it through gedmatch? Or is there another way? Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 102
    Last Post: 01-13-2021, 11:52 PM
  2. Telugu castes haplogroup distribution
    By tipirneni in forum Southern
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 10-10-2020, 06:24 PM
  3. Andhra Pradesh (Telugu) Genetics
    By coolguy in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-24-2018, 05:19 PM
  4. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 06-23-2018, 07:11 PM
  5. Worldwide donor search to save Sri Lankan origin student
    By Jean M in forum Medical Genetics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2016, 10:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •