Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>BY75676
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

Somaliland Ethiopia Adal Sultanate
    Quote Originally Posted by Biharguy View Post
    I thought that too. Do the Southern Yemeni people differ genetically from the Arabians?
    The purest Southern Yemenis don't differ greatly from the other more pure Arabians.In South Yemen you can find people of Bantu SE African origin especially in Hadhramawt and there are individuals with Asian ancestry (Indian & Malay).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

Awale (12-03-2020),  Jatt1 (12-03-2020)

Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Z93 (Indo-Aryan)
    mtDNA (M)
    H28/W(M) : H1b5
    Y-DNA (M)
    Wife (P) : R1a-Z280

Quote Originally Posted by davit View Post
    Isn't it possible, if not likely, Khorosani Persians had more R1a than J2a?
    Afaik Khorasani Persians and Tajiks have around 20-30% R1a and a bit less J2 (10-20%). In Iran most R1a is L657- and are under different R1a clades than in South Asia but Tajiks at least in Afghanistan have quite lot of L657 (10% of all Y-DNA).

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Coldmountains For This Useful Post:

Awale (12-03-2020),  Jatt1 (12-03-2020),  royaljoker (12-03-2020),  subzero85 (12-03-2020),  The Saite (12-03-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by subzero85 View Post
    I thought J2 systematically increases as you go northwards in the Middle East and occurs less so in the south? Peaking in the Middle East far above the Arabian peninsula?

J2 also had branches that migrated to Europe and India ~10k+ years ago.

Historically, Qahtan was distributed towards the south, after the breaking of the Ma'arib Dam they dispersed. So I'm not sure what the modern distirbution is but I believe that tribes like Hamdan are J2

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by davit View Post
    Isn't it possible, if not likely, Khorosani Persians had more R1a than J2a?
    But with some Arab R-L657 subclades going back more than 1650 years in Arabia. The migration of Khorasani Persians would have been pre-Islamic right.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Coldmountains View Post
    Afaik Khorasani Persians and Tajiks have around 20-30% R1a and a bit less J2 (10-20%). In Iran most R1a is L657- and are under different R1a clades than in South Asia but Tajiks at least in Afghanistan have quite lot of L657 (10% of all Y-DNA).
    What do you think the reason is for Persian Subclades being different from South Asian ones, after all the two regions would have had a lot of interchange even up to modern times like the Invasion of Nadir Shah. Probably more than Arabia.

The Tajiks in Afghanistan are located quite uniquely. They centre around Kohistan (Kohistan of Kabul not the other larger region) and played a pivotal role in kicking the Biritsh out of Afghanistan in the First Afghan War. I wonder how they ended up there in a sort of genetic Island.

Registered Users
    Sex

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-DNA_..._the_Near_East

Wikipedia shows Arab R1a percentages (5.1% in Saudi-9.4% Bedouin) as being not too far from Anatolian R1a percentages (4-11%). Would that indicate that the Arab R1a is from a source other than Indian trade/migration (except Oman which has old ties with Baluchistan) especially since the levels among Bedouin are still higher than G (which is 0%).

Because if it had been with Indian trade/migration then R1a should decrease with distance from India, but it stays constant in the more remote Anatolia. Perhaps then its some proof on a North Arabian Indo-European polity/nation. Just a thought. Even kurds have 11% R1a and Lebanese around 9%

9. The Following User Says Thank You to royaljoker For This Useful Post:

The Saite (12-03-2020)

Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Z93 (Indo-Aryan)
    mtDNA (M)
    H28/W(M) : H1b5
    Y-DNA (M)
    Wife (P) : R1a-Z280

Quote Originally Posted by royaljoker View Post
    What do you think the reason is for Persian Subclades being different from South Asian ones, after all the two regions would have had a lot of interchange even up to modern times like the Invasion of Nadir Shah. Probably more than Arabia.

The Tajiks in Afghanistan are located quite uniquely. They centre around Kohistan (Kohistan of Kabul not the other larger region) and played a pivotal role in kicking the Biritsh out of Afghanistan in the First Afghan War. I wonder how they ended up there in a sort of genetic Island.
    well Iran was populated by other Indo-Iranian tribes than South Asia. The earliest layer of Indo-Iranian presence in Iran seems to be Indo-Aryan but the later waves were already West Iranic, which would not have any significant impact in South Asia. Also some of the Z93 in Iran is probably from later Turkic migrations, which had more of an impact in Iran than in South Asia. The BA Indo-Aryans in Iran and West Asia were not tested yet and we have no idea about their Y-DNA. Could be anything with Z93 or even some other steppe clade like R1b or I2a. R1a-Z93 is for sure most likely but even if they were Z93>L657 it is possible that their lineages were already (mostly) replaced in the region during the Bronze Age/Iron Age.

Generally Iranian Y-DNA is rich in R1a-F1345 (also typical for Levites), Z2123 and basal R1a-Z93 clades. L657 is around 1-5% so not super frequent and mostly restricted to Khorasan, Sistan and Baluchistan. The Z2123 clades among Iranians are mostly only distantly related to South Asians and in most cases shared with them only a common ancestor in the Steppe and Forest-Steppes of North Eurasia so long before the historical period. Overall Iranian R1a clades are closest to Levantines/Jews, Tajiks, Hazara and Caucasians.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Coldmountains For This Useful Post:

Alain (12-03-2020),  Jatt1 (12-03-2020),  Kulin (12-04-2020),  royaljoker (12-03-2020),  subzero85 (12-03-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Awadhi
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2- (J-Z6082)
    mtDNA (M)
    M3d1a

Quote Originally Posted by royaljoker View Post
    Historically, Qahtan was distributed towards the south, after the breaking of the Ma'arib Dam they dispersed. So I'm not sure what the modern distirbution is but I believe that tribes like Hamdan are J2
    Do you have any FTDNA projects that you can point me to for Qahtanite tribes?

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by subzero85 View Post
    Do you have any FTDNA projects that you can point me to for Qahtanite tribes?
    I don't think there is one in general at least I'm not sure. Just the J2 Arabian.

https://www.familytreedna.com/public...frame=yresults

Registered Users
    Sex

https://i.imgur.com/CFx3t98.png?1

Its interesting that Z93 didn't move beyond India, despite the fact that Burma and Thailand (plus cambodia and etc) in terms of religion if not culture are closer too India than arabia. Yet migration of Z93 does'nt seem to have gone beyond Bangladesh. But equally its present in Arabia with three hotspots. Notably those hotspots does'nt include Oman. Despite the well documented cross cultural exchange between those regions (although this might be from an old study).

But equally I have some suspicions about that map. It has no R-L657 hotspots in the R-L657 homeland of central asia.

Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast