Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    North & Ionian Seas
    Nationality
    American

England Italy Germany Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapporo View Post
    Fair enough. I don't think they would use them as the base population but I'm curious what the Indian-Punjabi samples are like versus the Punjabi Jatt (Muslim & Sikh mixed?) and Jatt Sikh.

I kind of want to take the test now and see which Punjabi reference pop I get (probably Mansa/East Punjab) but who knows.
    there is a hold on Ethnogenes taking any more raw data to decode. they have some sort of server issue and have put all new orders on hold until they get their back log caught up. there is a lengthy thread on Ethnogenes in the autosomal section.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JerryS. For This Useful Post:

JMcB (08-16-2019),  Sapporo (08-17-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    H1a* (H-Y33670*)
    mtDNA (M)
    M5a

Fair enough. I don't think they would use them as the base population but I'm curious what the Indian-Punjabi samples are like versus the Punjabi Jatt (Muslim & Sikh mixed?) and Jatt Sikh.

I kind of want to take the test now and see which Punjabi reference pop I get (probably Mansa/East Punjab) but who knows.
    All 3 got different districts so not sure how they break it down. Neither is possible to pinpoint districts anyway. But if they get close then its pretty good.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bol_nat For This Useful Post:

MonkeyDLuffy (08-17-2019),  Sapporo (08-17-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

Finally got my results and I'm pleased with how they came out. My dad's side is Afghan and mom's side is mixed European but mainly British. The family tree looks something like both paternal grandparents of mainly pathan ancestry with my paternal great grandmother probably from the Hazara ethnic group (rumored to be hazara with heavy mongoloid features). My maternal grandfather is mainly English (central and southern England) with some German and French ancestry further back and my maternal grandmother is Irish (mainly from the northwest of Ireland) and Scottish. ch1.jpg ch2.jpg

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dizos9 For This Useful Post:

Amber29 (08-22-2019),  bol_nat (08-22-2019),  clocknative (08-22-2019),  Kulin (08-22-2019),  MonkeyDLuffy (08-22-2019),  parasar (08-22-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    H1a* (H-Y33670*)
    mtDNA (M)
    M5a

Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    Yes i do have other stuff from other groups i did think this. Just would have been nice to get the city of where i was born ha. Learnt there has been some serious mixing in the family....
    Mixing with someone from Lahore/east punjab?

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani - Chakwal
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2-S27322/R-Y62014
    mtDNA (M)
    W1c
    Y-DNA (M)
    R2-S27322/R-Y62014
    mtDNA (P)
    M5a2a1a1

Pakistan United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by bol_nat View Post
    Mixing with someone from Lahore/east punjab?
    No like south indian upper castes i can also see them in my dna matches. If i did my research right etc
    Maternal Grandfather's Maternal Line: U7a3a4a

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amber29 For This Useful Post:

bol_nat (08-26-2019),  laltota (09-04-2020),  parasar (08-22-2019)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Telgu/marathi

Siberian Tatars Tajikistan
    It is anything but uniform. Punjab spans the genetic range of the entire subcontinent. There are Punjabis that cluster with South Indians and others that cluster near Northern Pashtuns/Kalash/Kohistani with some in between. The variation is based primarily on biradari/tribe vs scheduled (lower) caste types with a group similar to UP upper castes and some Punjabi Chamars in between.
    Does it really?...you have PJL types which score like South Indian midcastes but nothing equivalent to south indian tribals or dalits. There's also no Austro-Asiatic type ancestry such as which exists in Bengalis or Mundas. But overall it's not really more diverse than any other part of the subcontinent. I'd say it's more like the NW contains the upper 40-50% of the south asian cline while the south contains the lower, more AASI shifted part.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Jatt Sikh
    Nationality
    American & Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-M357 > Y33989
    mtDNA (M)
    HV2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    L-M27
    mtDNA (P)
    R0

United States of America California Republic Canada India Punjab Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by Censored View Post
    Does it really?...you have PJL types which score like South Indian midcastes but nothing equivalent to south indian tribals or dalits. There's also no Austro-Asiatic type ancestry such as which exists in Bengalis or Mundas. But overall it's not really more diverse than any other part of the subcontinent. I'd say it's more like the NW contains the upper 40-50% of the south asian cline while the south contains the lower, more AASI shifted part.
    Well, when speaking with regards to the genetic range of South Asia, I wasn't including tribals as they are on the extreme end of the cline and even then are notably shifted away from the core South Asian cline due to such elevated AASI levels and being relatively Iran N deficient. Also, some of the PJL samples show signs of Austro-Asiatic ancestry as they score notable amounts of SE Asian (4-5%) on admixture calcs or slightly pull toward Bengalis relative to other South Indian pops.

See this PCA from 1000Genomes and Razib's blog:
    https://anthrogenica.com/attachment....0&d=1566228439
    pegasus modeling:
    sample": "Punjabi_Jat:Sapporo_AGUser",
    "fit": 1.1506,
    "IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA3": 43.33,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 31.67,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 25,
    "closestDistances": [

avatar credit goes out to aaronbee2010

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Telgu/marathi

Siberian Tatars Tajikistan
    Well, when speaking with regards to the genetic range of South Asia, I wasn't including tribals as they are on the extreme end of the cline and even then are notably shifted away from the core South Asian cline due to such elevated AASI levels and being relatively Iran N deficient. Also, some of the PJL samples show signs of Austro-Asiatic ancestry as they score notable amounts of SE Asian (4-5%) on admixture calcs or slightly pull toward Bengalis relative to other South Indian pops.

See this PCA from 1000Genomes and Razib's blog:
    https://anthrogenica.com/attachment....0&d=1566228439
    If these people are migrants from the gangetic plains then that SE Asian affinity could possibly be just an easterly form of AASI. I’ll look into this more tomorrow when I get the chance.

As for tribals, there seems to be a largely smooth Cline between them and groups like velamas with low caste south and central Indians bridging the gap. From more to less AASI paniya>Irula>Mala>madiga>sakilli>maratha>piramalai >velamas

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Censored For This Useful Post:

Sapporo (08-27-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Indian and Afghan
    Nationality
    BRITISH
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-M47
    mtDNA (M)
    R2

United Kingdom
    What company raw data did you use ?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Nationality
    Indo-Trinidadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    H1a2b1b (H-Y68923)
    mtDNA (M)
    M5d
    Y-DNA (M)
    L1a2a (L-Y4913)
    mtDNA (P)
    M39

Trinidad and Tobago Canada India

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ssamlal For This Useful Post:

MonkeyDLuffy (08-14-2020),  poi (08-14-2020)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast