Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HarappaWorld averages by state in India (S Indian, W Eurasian, and E Eurasian)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Telugu
    mtDNA (M)
    J1
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1a1

India United States of America

HarappaWorld averages by state in India (S Indian, W Eurasian, and E Eurasian)

These are averages of Indian MIDDLE castes from each state or the group average based on harappa. For some states I used certain users' averages (Chattisgarh, Orissa, Jharkhand - Arlus), Assam(Jortita). Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh (estimated between Gujarat and Karnataka but slightly closer to gujarat), Himachal and Uttarakhand (used uttaranchal brahmin), used jatts for haryana since they're the largest caste in haryana (33% of the state), etc.

pops used
    Kashmir = Kashmiri avg (harappa)
    Punjab = Jatt sikhs
    Himachal = Kenji
    Uttarakhand = Uttaranchal brahmin (harappa)
    Rajasthan = rajasthani
    Gujarat = gujarati
    UP = kshatriya
    Kerala = nairs
    bengal = bengali
    bihar = bihari
    assam = jortita
    sikkim = bhutia sample
    arunachal pradesh = nysha
    mizoram, manipur, tripura = burmanese
    meghalaya = khasi
    Orissa, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand = Arlus (only brahmin samples present on harappa dataset)

SOUTH INDIAN

WEST EURASIAN (Baloch, Caucasian, NE Euro, Mediterranean, SW Asian)

EAST EURASIAN (NE/SE Asian, Siberian, Beringian, American, Papuan)
    Last edited by kush; 08-08-2019 at 08:16 AM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kush For This Useful Post:

Censored (08-08-2019),  client (08-08-2019),  FrostAssassin0701 (08-08-2019),  Kulin (08-08-2019),  misanthropy (08-10-2019),  MonkeyDLuffy (08-08-2019),  Nibelung (08-08-2019),  Rustyshakelford (08-08-2019),  Themaster (08-08-2019),  vishankar (08-08-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    mtDNA (M)
    H1h
    Y-DNA (P)
    N-Z1927

United States of America Denmark Norway Sweden Germany Italy
    Nice! This is very helpful
    My 23andMe kit into Eurogenes K36 then oracle (thanks to lukaszM):

nMonte restricted: Ireland 48.05, SW-England 20.95, Finnish East 20.05, Russian Tver 3.70, Latvian 3.15, Mari 1.90, Lithuanian 1.30, French Basque 0.90, Orcadian 0.00

nMonte full: Ireland 45.70, Finnish East 20.05, SW-England 20.05, Russian Tver 4.10, Orcadian 3.05, Latvian 2.45, Mari 1.95, Lithuanian 1.45, French Basque 1.00, W-England 0.15, Belarusian East 0.05

Maternal uncle: R1b-U152

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nibelung For This Useful Post:

kush (08-08-2019)

Bronze Class Member
    Sex

Siberian Tatars Tajikistan
    I would rename east Eurasian as east Asian, because technically AASI is also east Eurasian.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Telugu
    mtDNA (M)
    J1
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1a1

Quote Originally Posted by Censored View Post
    I would rename east Eurasian as east Asian, because technically AASI is also east Eurasian.
    nah cause papuan, siberian, beringian, and american wouldnt fit in with east asian label.. I think east eurasian is fine cause South indian on harappa isnt pure east eurasian anyways

Bronze Class Member
    Sex

Siberian Tatars Tajikistan
    Quote Originally Posted by kush View Post
    nah cause papuan, siberian, beringian, and american wouldnt fit in with east asian label.. I think east eurasian is fine cause South indian on harappa isnt pure east eurasian anyways
    oh right, forgot.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Censored For This Useful Post:

kush (08-08-2019)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    A11-a*
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2b2a

Canada Bangladesh Jammu and Kashmir India Pakistan Sri Lanka
    I know its tedious lol, but I think a component by component basis map would be more helpful, rather than these broad terms like W & E Eurasian. The South Indian map works though. Great job regardless.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kulin For This Useful Post:

FrostAssassin0701 (08-08-2019),  kush (08-08-2019),  misanthropy (08-10-2019),  MonkeyDLuffy (08-08-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Telugu
    mtDNA (M)
    J1
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1a1

Quote Originally Posted by Kulin View Post
    I know its tedious lol, but I think a component by component basis map would be more helpful, rather than these broad terms like W & E Eurasian. The South Indian map works though. Great job regardless.
    Thanks.

Glad you brought it up lol. I was thinking its too general as well. I'll do all the major components like baloch, euro, caucasian, ne asian, siberian, and se asian. Rest of the components are noise levels and are randomly distributed without any cline. I'll post those maps as well in a bit.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kush For This Useful Post:

Kulin (08-08-2019)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Jatt Sikh
    Nationality
    American & Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    HV2a3 / R0
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1a2a1 / L1a1

United States of America California Republic Canada India Punjab Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Do you mind listing the actual mid-caste groups used as the average for each state? I'm curious how you got the averages for Punjab, Himachal and Kashmir? At first glance, for Punjab, it seems you just took Zack's Harappa average for Punjabis (which is a mix of random Pakistani and Indian Punjabis with religion and biradaris not disclosed). As for Himachal, we have seen the results of kenji who is Himachali Brahmin but I don't believe I've seen many other Himachali results.

Also, it's worth noting that Jatt Sikhs are the most populous Indian Punjabi biradari group outside of the combined dalit (Mazhabi/Valmiki) and Chamars groups. For Kashmir, we don't have the Harappa breakdowns for the academic Muslim Kashmiris (hopefully khana can do these eventually when he gets time) so I'm presuming you used the Harappa average of 2 Muslim Kashmiris and HRP0333 (Kashmiri Pandit). I should note that the member bored has noted previously that one of the Muslim Kashmiris is apparently half Dogri Muslim from Jammu. I've never spoken to the Harappa participant in question though.

Personally, I think it would be more interesting to see an nMonte global 25 elemental breakdown for a few of the main groups in each state but this is still an interesting breakdown nonetheless.
    Last edited by Sapporo; 08-08-2019 at 04:17 AM.
    pegasus modeling:

sample": "Punjabi_Jat:Sapporo_AGUser",
    "fit": 1.1506,
    "IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA3": 43.33,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 31.67,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 25,
    "closestDistances": [

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sapporo For This Useful Post:

kush (08-08-2019),  vishankar (08-08-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Telugu
    mtDNA (M)
    J1
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1a1

Quote Originally Posted by Sapporo View Post
    Do you mind listing the actual mid-caste groups used as the average for each state? I'm curious how you got the averages for Punjab, Himachal and Kashmir? At first glance, for Punjab, it seems you just took Zack's Harappa average for Punjabis (which is a mix of random Pakistani and Indian Punjabis with religion and biradaris not disclosed). As for Himachal, we have seen the results of kenji who is Himachali Brahmin but I don't believe I've seen any many other Himachali results.

Also, it's worth noting that Jatt Sikhs are the most populous Indian Punjabi biradari group outside of the combined dalit (Mazhabi/Valmiki) and Chamars groups. For Kashmir, we don't have the Harappa breakdowns for the academic Muslim Kashmiris (hopefully khana can do these eventually when he gets time) so I'm presuming you used the Harappa average of 2 Muslim Kashmiris and HRP0333 (Kashmiri Pandit). I should note that the member bored has noted previously that one of the Muslim Kashmiris is apparently half Dogri Muslim from Jammu. I've never spoken to the Harappa participant in question though.

Personally, I think it would be more interesting to see an nMonte global 25 elemental breakdown for a few of the main groups in each state.
    Kashmir - Kashmiri (3 samples harappa avg)
    punjab - punjabi (13 samples harappa)
    himachal and uttarakhand (estimated it through Uttaranchal brahmin sample on harappa).
    Last edited by kush; 08-08-2019 at 03:58 AM.

Global Moderator
    Sex
    mtDNA (M)
    M30
    mtDNA (P)
    U2C1
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a-Y6
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L657>Y6

Uttarkhand looks like it is more East Asian than a Northeastern State (Manipur?). What are some groups representing Uttarkhand?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to poi For This Useful Post:

kush (08-08-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast