Brasileiro
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    T

Brazil Rio Grande do Sul

Morley Prediction - R1b - M222

Hey there guys..

Took a Living Dna test about a year ago which gave me a generic Y haplogroup categorization as R-P312. Earlier this week were recommended to try the Morley Y prediction website which gave me this result 2.jpg

I'm from Brazil and the only known recent foreign influences are from Portugal (I don't know them deep enough) and M-222 being mostly a northern irish-scottish subclade then the prediction is probably not right. Anyone ever used the Morley Prediction?? Anyone ever used Living DNA's Y data in it? Is there any way I can check if this is right or wrong? If wrong, any chance it could be right for the upper subclades (L21-DF13-DF49-DF23)?

I know that morley only gives a prediction and that there are other deeper Y testing but I'm not interested in taking any of them right now.

Thanks!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amarelo For This Useful Post:

aaronbee2010 (08-09-2019),  Nqp15hhu (11-01-2019),  rms2 (08-09-2019)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    European
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-L338
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c1

United Kingdom Northumberland European Union
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarelo View Post
    Hey there guys..

Took a Living Dna test about a year ago which gave me a generic Y haplogroup categorization as R-P312. Earlier this week were recommended to try the Morley Y prediction website which gave me this result 2.jpg

I'm from Brazil and the only known recent foreign influences are from Portugal (I don't know them deep enough) and M-222 being mostly a northern irish-scottish subclade then the prediction is probably not right. Anyone ever used the Morley Prediction?? Anyone ever used Living DNA's Y data in it? Is there any way I can check if this is right or wrong? If wrong, any chance it could be right for the upper subclades (L21-DF13-DF49-DF23)?

I know that morley only gives a prediction and that there are other deeper Y testing but I'm not interested in taking any of them right now.

Thanks!!
    As we discussed previously, I said to be cautious regarding the Morley predictor as it uses reference trees from 2013. The Morley predictor is mostly correct but there are a few instances where it is rather wrong or at least misleading. Having seen your screenshot, I believe this is one of those cases. I looked up L753/PF6486/YSC0000018 and the current YFull and ISOGG trees have it in a different place to the Morley output where it's phyloequivalent to R-M269 branch. So it's actually upstream of R-P312, rather than downstream of R-M222. Unless I have it wrong - I am not overly familiar with the R1b tree, but there are plenty of folks on here who are.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deadly77 For This Useful Post:

aaronbee2010 (08-09-2019),  Amarelo (08-09-2019),  JMcB (08-09-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Brasileiro
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    T

Brazil Rio Grande do Sul
    Now that makes things even stranger since R-M269 is up to R-P312, the standard result of the testing. The more I try to find something, the more it becomes clear that I'll have to spend more

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amarelo For This Useful Post:

aaronbee2010 (08-09-2019)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    European
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-L338
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c1

United Kingdom Northumberland European Union
    Now that makes things even stranger since R-M269 is up to R-P312, the standard result of the testing. The more I try to find something, the more it becomes clear that I'll have to spend more
    Not really strange, as it doesn't conflict with what you say LivingDNA reported (R-P312). Perhaps a cautionary tale of not jumping to conclusions based on an out of date haplogroup predictor with a small amount of data. But yes - with Y-DNA testing, you get what you pay for.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deadly77 For This Useful Post:

JMcB (08-09-2019),  rms2 (08-13-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

Hey there guys..

Thanks!!
    LivingDNA does not report negative SNPs and they do not test for DF27. Morley doesn't report anything that is not in the raw data. LivingDNA however does test L21 and U152 and some other subclades of P312. You are most likely positive for DF27. I can't remember if LivingDNA tests for Z195. If they do then you are likely in the ZZ12 subclade of DF27. You should get tested for DF27 for $18 at Yseq. That test is at https://www.yseq.net/product_info.php?products_id=1934

If positive for DF27 then you should get the DF27 panel at https://www.yseq.net/product_info.ph...ducts_id=10749

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ArmandoR1b For This Useful Post:

Amarelo (10-31-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Brasileiro
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    T

Brazil Rio Grande do Sul
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmandoR1b View Post
    LivingDNA does not report negative SNPs and they do not test for DF27. Morley doesn't report anything that is not in the raw data. LivingDNA however does test L21 and U152 and some other subclades of P312. You are most likely positive for DF27. I can't remember if LivingDNA tests for Z195. If they do then you are likely in the ZZ12 subclade of DF27. You should get tested for DF27 for $18 at Yseq. That test is at https://www.yseq.net/product_info.php?products_id=1934

If positive for DF27 then you should get the DF27 panel at https://www.yseq.net/product_info.ph...ducts_id=10749
    Now that's what I call some good helping.. thanks once again! Do you think that if I try Myheritage autossomal raw data at morley we might get more information??

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Amarelo For This Useful Post:

ArmandoR1b (10-31-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Brasileiro
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    T

Brazil Rio Grande do Sul

And I'm definetely buying the YSEQ in the forthcoming weeks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Amarelo For This Useful Post:

ArmandoR1b (10-31-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

Now that's what I call some good helping.. thanks once again! Do you think that if I try Myheritage autossomal raw data at morley we might get more information??
    Maybe, give it a try then post the pictures. By the way, if you know how to extract just the Y chromosome data from the Myheritage raw data you can post it here or at a file sharing site so we can see if there is anything in there that Morley doesn't know is important.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ArmandoR1b For This Useful Post:

Amarelo (10-31-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Brasileiro
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    T

Brazil Rio Grande do Sul
    Maybe, give it a try then post the pictures. By the way, if you know how to extract just the Y chromosome data from the Myheritage raw data you can post it here or at a file sharing site so we can see if there is anything in there that Morley doesn't know is important.
    I don't know how to extract those. Here's the pictures, also have a list of positive and negatives, can send you via PM. If helpful, I can send you my raw data in the way you prefer.

exp tree.jpg isogg.png

Registered Users
    Sex

I don't know how to extract those. Here's the pictures, also have a list of positive and negatives, can send you via PM. If helpful, I can send you my raw data in the way you prefer.

exp tree.jpg isogg.png
    Those screenshots and the SNP data you sent me show that you are negative for both L21 and U152. The SNP data that you sent me shows that you are also negative for Z195 and L238.

You have almost a 100% chance of being positive for DF27 because less than 1% of Portuguese, which your direct paternal line likely comes from, that are positive for P312 and negative for U152 and L21 are negative for DF27. See this post for that stat. Since you are so likely to be DF27 but negative for Z195 that means you are almost 100% likely to be positive for the ZZ12 branch. See http://www.ytree.net/DisplayTree.php?blockID=31 for that branch. The page loads slowly so give it time.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArmandoR1b For This Useful Post:

Amarelo (11-01-2019),  jdean (10-31-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast