Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Albanian Tribe/Region Rei

Registered Users
    Sex

Here is an interesting site that mention a conflict between Rei and Lohjes.

http://www.zemrashqiptare.net/news/3...-1/printo.html

letra nr 13, viti 1932, faqe 56-58: “T tre t vrart ishin t Reit, ndrsa gjaksit ishin t Lohjes. Meshkujt e tyre ran kshtu n gjak dhe nuk mund t shkonin n kish e as t dilnin jasht shtpive. Shkuam dhe kerkuam nse fshati i Reit sht i gatshm t’i jipte armpushim atij t Lohjes. Ata e dhan besen. Ne kish vinin te gjithe, nuk mungoi as Gjergji e Gajtani, vllai i madh i Gjovanit t vrar, q jetonte vetm me t mn… At Genovizzi dhe un, s bashku me krert pleq te dy fshatrave, shkuam n shtpin e Gjergjit. Pas dy or bisedimesh, mundm t marrim prej tij fjaln e madhe “e kam fal”. T njjtn gj bm me Gajtanin… e m n fund u vendos paqja dhe vllazria n mes Reit dhe Lohjes”.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a-Y35-YP4278

United States of America Albania Macedonia
    From reading the publication, I could not make out how this tribe is labeled an Albanian one. Maybe I missed something and need to reread it.

Seems to me that their name is the primary and possibly only thing Albanian about them? At best, they have preserved some vague and indirect relations to Roman Illyria. It does seem clear to me that they are an independent entity to Albanians. What did I miss?

The Mataruga however seem to be a fully Albanian tribe.
    Last edited by trdbr1234; 04-02-2020 at 03:50 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbana%C5%A1ka,_Trebinje This settlement is linked to them

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burmazi : The brotherhoods of Burmazi also included the Zotovići. The earlier, non-Slavic form of Zotović is Zot, which means lord in Albanian.[4] Geographer Jevto Dedijer who traveled in the village to study its history noted that this earlier form was inscribed in the village in older family monuments like a cross that bore the name of village elder Petar Zot.[3]

From Idriz Ajeti's Collected Works: "N fshatin Burmaz, nga shqipja buri-madh – njeri i madh, Jefta Dedijer, (o.c.121), lexoi n nj kryq t vjetr q nj plak i tyre sht quajtur Petar Zot, e jo Zotović. Dedijeri pohon se kjo ishte nj familje e vjetr, dhe duke u mbshtetur n nj shnim, thot se “peshkopi Noktaris Zotoviqi, trebinjas n vitin 1705, i fali ikonn manastirit
    t Trebinjs”. "

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maleschreiber For This Useful Post:

Kelmendasi (04-02-2020),  trdbr1234 (04-02-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Well as I.Rexha has noticed, in the Defter of Hercegovina year 1476, the existence of typical Albanian Anthroponyms\Patronyms - Bardho & Progon - among the Burmaz\Burrmadh people in Nahije of Burmaz;

...Po ashtu, duhet theksuar se n nahijen Burmaz hasim 4 familje me patronimin Bardo t substratit ilir dhe 3 familje me patronimin Progon t protoshqips mesjetare, q n mesjet i mbanin familjet arbrore...

There are also other Anthroponymic and Topnomymic evidence from the 13th and 14th centuries that demonstrate their Albanophony, for instance;

1) Bogdan son of Gjin of Burmaz & Gjin son of Burmaz year 1321 !!

Bogdan son of Gjin, son of Burmaz year 1321.jpg

2) The Toponymy near Gleđevaca (close to Burmaz Village) years 1382-1419, which contain a Anthroponymic component, to whom is attributed;
    Preka Ljut - Прека Љут

3) The presence of Albanian-speaking communities near Ragusa\Dubrovnik where for the first time is 'attested the existence' of the Albanian language, in 14 july 1284 ;

....Audivi unam vocem, clamantem in monte in lingua albanesca.....

Burmazi, Zoto, Zhuro, Mirush etc.jpg

Burmazovic, Zotovic, Zhurovic etc.jpg

So in the Hinterland of Ragusa in the XIII century we encounter Albanian Clans (Burmaz, Zoto,Mataruga, Zhura, Maleshi, Mirushi etc) and Vlach Clans (Ridjani, Banjani, Nenkovici, Glegjevici, Vranic, Perutinovci, etc)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Exercitus For This Useful Post:

Kelmendasi (04-02-2020),  trdbr1234 (04-03-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2a-M319

Quote Originally Posted by Exercitus View Post
    Well as I.Rexha has noticed, in the Defter of Hercegovina year 1476, the existence of typical Albanian Anthroponyms\Patronyms - Bardho & Progon - among the Burmaz\Burrmadh people in Nahije of Burmaz;

...Po ashtu, duhet theksuar se n nahijen Burmaz hasim 4 familje me patronimin Bardo t substratit ilir dhe 3 familje me patronimin Progon t protoshqips mesjetare, q n mesjet i mbanin familjet arbrore...

There are also other Anthroponymic and Topnomymic evidence from the 13th and 14th centuries that demonstrate their Albanophony, for instance;

1) Bogdan son of Gjin of Burmaz & Gjin son of Burmaz year 1321 !!

Bogdan son of Gjin, son of Burmaz year 1321.jpg

2) The Toponymy near Gleđevaca (close to Burmaz Village) years 1382-1419, which contain a Anthroponymic component, to whom is attributed;
    Preka Ljut - Прека Љут

3) The presence of Albanian-speaking communities near Ragusa\Dubrovnik where for the first time is 'attested the existence' of the Albanian language, in 14 july 1284 ;

....Audivi unam vocem, clamantem in monte in lingua albanesca.....

Burmazi, Zoto, Zhuro, Mirush etc.jpg

Burmazovic, Zotovic, Zhurovic etc.jpg

So in the Hinterland of Ragusa in the XIII century we encounter Albanian Clans (Burmaz, Zoto,Mataruga, Zhura, Maleshi, Mirushi etc) and Vlach Clans (Ridjani, Banjani, Nenkovici, Glegjevici, Vranic, Perutinovci, etc)
    The name Zhura "Jura" appears in Arvanitic villages in the Peloponnesian defter of 1462.

Registered Users
    Sex

Yes, it is quite normal to have such ubiquitary Anthroponymy among the Albanians in the Middle Ages!! There is also a Old Albanian village in there area near the border Albania-Kosova, called;
    Zhur https://www.google.com/maps/place/Zh...5!4d20.6154023

Registered Users
    Sex

I am not trying to be rude or anything but your guy's recent discussions are really veering away from the topic of this thread.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to J Man For This Useful Post:

Sorcelow (04-02-2020)

Banned
    Sex

Reci, 1485

https://imgur.com/KNYkfny

https://imgur.com/Egs6NZu

There are two such settlements close to Shkoder so not sure which one is representing Reci the tribe, might be the second one.
    Last edited by Keqa; 04-11-2020 at 04:20 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Keqa For This Useful Post:

J Man (04-11-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Keqa View Post
    Reci, 1485

https://imgur.com/KNYkfny

https://imgur.com/Egs6NZu

There are two such settlements close to Shkoder so not sure which one is representing Reci the tribe, might be the second one.
    Both. The Reci in the mountains was founded by people who left the first Reci. We know this because the scribe of the defter wrote it as a comment about the small number of households in Reci.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Maleschreiber For This Useful Post:

J Man (04-13-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

As we know the Reci tribe seems to be a mixed one when it comes to religion with a majority Muslim and a minority Roman Catholic population. So far two Muslims from Reci are J2a-M67 so it will be interesting to see in the future if any of the Roman Catholic Reci are also J2a-M67 or belong to another haplogroup.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast