Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 79

Thread: New Turkish Samples on G25

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    134
    Ethnicity
    Turkish

    Turkey

    New Turkish Samples on G25

    These are the first non-academic Turkish samples on G25. In fact, the first non-academic fully ethnic Turkish samples on any calculator. Special thanks to Davidski.

    We have sent him 41 Turkish samples from 5 different regions plus 3 samples of Azerbaijanian Turks from Turkey.

    Labels of new samples on G25: (link:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bPt...BqFTMvj5A/view)

    Turkish_North

    Turkish_Northwest

    Turkish_South

    Turkish_Southwest

    Turkish_Central

    Turkish_Azer

    Here is the map of regions in case you wonder:

    Last edited by Leper; 08-14-2019 at 03:08 PM.
    Turkish DNA Project:

    Hidden Content

  2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Leper For This Useful Post:

     Alkaevli (08-16-2019),  Andrewid (08-18-2019),  Angoliga (08-16-2019),  Erikl86 (08-28-2019),  Kulin (08-14-2019),  LTG (08-14-2019),  Onur Dincer (08-16-2019),  passenger (08-14-2019),  Reza (08-14-2019),  Sangarius (08-14-2019),  Seabass (08-14-2019),  Tomenable (08-15-2019)

  3. #2
    Moderator
    Posts
    1,243
    Sex
    Location
    CANZUK
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2b2a
    mtDNA (M)
    A11-a*
    mtDNA (P)
    M30g

    Canada Bangladesh Jammu and Kashmir India Pakistan Sri Lanka
    Maybe provide some Turkish_Balkan samples as well? Balkan Turks seem to not be well represented on most calculators.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kulin For This Useful Post:

     Reza (08-14-2019)

  5. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    134
    Ethnicity
    Turkish

    Turkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulin View Post
    Maybe provide some Turkish_Balkan samples as well? Balkan Turks seem to not be well represented on most calculators.
    We will. Still talking to Davidski about it.
    Turkish DNA Project:

    Hidden Content

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leper For This Useful Post:

     Kulin (08-14-2019),  Onur Dincer (08-16-2019)

  7. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    470
    Sex
    Location
    Europe
    Ethnicity
    Sephardi
    Nationality
    Turkish
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M84
    mtDNA (M)
    H14b

    Are they averages? Don't you have individual results?

  8. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    134
    Ethnicity
    Turkish

    Turkey
    Quote Originally Posted by eolien View Post
    Are they averages? Don't you have individual results?
    They should be on the spreadsheet however the G25 page on Eurogenes blog is gone for some reason.
    Turkish DNA Project:

    Hidden Content

  9. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    910
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b>U152>L2>FGC32041
    mtDNA (M)
    X2e2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a>YP294>BY90442
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b

    Cappadocian Kingdom Thracian Odrysian Kingdom Greek Macedonia Byzantine Empire Ottoman Empire Turkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper View Post
    They should be on the spreadsheet however the G25 page on Eurogenes blog is gone for some reason.
    The new spreadsheet page is here:

    https://eurogenes.blogspot.com/2019/...obal25_12.html

    And here:

    http://bga101.blogspot.com/2019/07/g...-global25.html
    Last edited by Onur Dincer; 08-16-2019 at 02:30 AM.
    Hidden Content

    Y-DNA: R1b>P312>U152>L2>Z41150>DF90>FGC14641>FGC32041; Nigde, Turkey
    mtDNA: X2e2a3; Drama, Greece
    Maternal Y-DNA: R1a>Y40>YP294>BY90442; Razgrad, Bulgaria
    Father's mtDNA: T2b; Nigde, Turkey
    Paternal grandfather's mtDNA: H2a1; Nigde, Turkey
    Maternal grandfather's mtDNA: H5o; Razgrad, Bulgaria
    Father's maternal Y-DNA: R1b>P312>U152>L2>Z41150>DF90>FGC14641>FGC32041; Nigde, Turkey

    Ālim-i Rūm (Scholar of Hidden Content )

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Onur Dincer For This Useful Post:

     Andrewid (08-18-2019),  eolien (08-16-2019),  Leper (08-16-2019)

  11. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    296
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Y-DNA (P)
    N-P43

    Turkey Great Seljuk Empire Cappadocian Kingdom
    PCA (Global K25 coordinates)

    Red: Turkish DNA Project data
    Blue: Hodoğlugil et al. data

    https://abload.de/img/pca4zkfn.png



    Global K25 closest single item distances (modern populations only):

    Turkish_Northwest
    Code:
    Turkish_Northwest 0.00000000
    Turkish_Southwest 0.01314837
    Turkish_North 0.02141326 
    Turkish_South 0.02188038
    Turkish_Central 0.03119358
    Kabardin 0.05295695
    Kumyk 0.05312325
    Azeri 0.05420964
    Abazin 0.05744706
    Azeri_Dagestan 0.05844729 
    Karachay 0.05871264
    Cherkes 0.05928416
    Turkish_Azer 0.05933682
    Circassian 0.05970691
    Balkar 0.06407118 
    North_Ossetian 0.07407528
    Adygei 0.07458337
    Ingushian 0.07459082
    Iranian_Fars 0.07477078
    Ezid 0.07491977

    Turkish_Central
    Code:
    Turkish_Central 0.00000000
    Turkish_South 0.03030735
    Azeri 0.03047283
    Turkish_Northwest 0.03119358
    Turkish_North 0.03224080
    Turkish_Azer 0.03332620
    Turkish_Southwest 0.03337477
    Azeri_Dagestan 0.04217953
    Kumyk 0.04920749
    Ezid 0.05064115
    Kabardin 0.05226894
    Kurdish 0.05526791
    Iranian_Fars 0.05560341
    Karachay 0.05633354
    Circassian 0.05686971 
    Iranian_Lor 0.05759951
    Cherkes 0.05803579
    Abazin 0.05860187 
    Iranian_Persian 0.05889652
    Georgian_Jew 0.06077727

    Turkish_Azer
    Code:
    Turkish_Azer 0.00000000
    Azeri 0.01930993
    Azeri_Dagestan 0.03114342
    Ezid 0.03117702
    Turkish_Central 0.03332620
    Iranian_Lor 0.03438925
    Iranian_Fars 0.03528120
    Kurdish 0.03723727
    Iranian_Zoroastrian 0.03993353
    Iranian_Persian 0.04001525
    Georgian_Jew 0.05045048
    Turkish_South 0.05110234
    Assyrian 0.05210681
    Kumyk 0.05329706 
    Armenian 0.05352240
    Iranian_Mazandarani 0.05407037
    Turkish_North 0.05460704
    Iranian_Jew 0.05597980
    Kabardin 0.05865308
    Turkish_Northwest 0.05933682

    Greek_Central_Anatolia
    Code:
    Greek_Central_Anatolia 0.00000000 
    Cypriot 0.03250706
    Turkish_Trabzon 0.03280552
    Greek_Crete 0.03624248
    Armenian 0.03722538
    Greek_Trabzon 0.03834875
    Druze 0.04121298
    Syrian_Jew 0.04257114
    Georgian_Jew 0.04290562
    Lebanese_Druze 0.04348696
    Assyrian 0.04533599
    Romaniote_Jew 0.04588062 
    Armenian_Hemsheni 0.04819141
    Lebanese_Christian 0.04902855
    Lebanese_Muslim 0.05082885
    Sephardic_Jew 0.05109254 
    Iranian_Jew 0.05305346
    Italian_Jew 0.05317429
    Iraqi_Jew 0.05345186
    Italian_South 0.05474098

    Armenian
    Code:
    Armenian 0.00000000
    Assyrian 0.01819245
    Georgian_Jew 0.02085092
    Turkish_Trabzon 0.02178454
    Greek_Trabzon 0.02443658
    Armenian_Hemsheni 0.02678656
    Iranian_Jew 0.03295358
    Greek_Central_Anatolia 0.03722538
    Iraqi_Jew 0.03829515 
    Georgian_Laz 0.04012515
    Kurdish 0.04428091
    Druze 0.04482123
    Lebanese_Druze 0.04505727
    Ezid 0.04825730
    Lebanese_Muslim 0.05054256
    Cypriot 0.05182011
    Syrian_Jew 0.05343292
    Turkish_Azer 0.05352240
    Iranian_Lor 0.05409516 
    Syrian 0.05485894

    Kurdish
    Code:
    Kurdish 0.00000000
    Ezid 0.01628374
    Iranian_Lor 0.01857587
    Iranian_Zoroastrian 0.02373262
    Iranian_Fars 0.02801572
    Azeri 0.03271561
    Iranian_Persian 0.03395372
    Turkish_Azer 0.03723727
    Assyrian 0.03813912
    Georgian_Jew 0.03923341
    Iranian_Mazandarani 0.03955547
    Azeri_Dagestan 0.03985626 
    Armenian 0.04428091
    Iranian_Jew 0.04482772
    Armenian_Hemsheni 0.05376178
    Turkish_Central 0.05526791
    Turkish_Trabzon 0.05658044 
    Greek_Trabzon 0.05932953
    Iraqi_Jew 0.06144513
    Georgian_Laz 0.06154284
    Turkish DNA Project

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alkaevli For This Useful Post:

     Erikl86 (08-28-2019),  Leper (08-16-2019),  Sangarius (08-17-2019),  Tsakhur (02-01-2021)

  13. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    910
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b>U152>L2>FGC32041
    mtDNA (M)
    X2e2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a>YP294>BY90442
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b

    Cappadocian Kingdom Thracian Odrysian Kingdom Greek Macedonia Byzantine Empire Ottoman Empire Turkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkaevli View Post
    PCA (Global K25 coordinates)

    Red: Turkish DNA Project data
    Blue: Hodoğlugil et al. data

    https://abload.de/img/pca4zkfn.png



    Global K25 closest single item distances (modern populations only):

    Turkish_Northwest
    Code:
    Turkish_Northwest 0.00000000
    Turkish_Southwest 0.01314837
    Turkish_North 0.02141326 
    Turkish_South 0.02188038
    Turkish_Central 0.03119358
    Kabardin 0.05295695
    Kumyk 0.05312325
    Azeri 0.05420964
    Abazin 0.05744706
    Azeri_Dagestan 0.05844729 
    Karachay 0.05871264
    Cherkes 0.05928416
    Turkish_Azer 0.05933682
    Circassian 0.05970691
    Balkar 0.06407118 
    North_Ossetian 0.07407528
    Adygei 0.07458337
    Ingushian 0.07459082
    Iranian_Fars 0.07477078
    Ezid 0.07491977

    Turkish_Central
    Code:
    Turkish_Central 0.00000000
    Turkish_South 0.03030735
    Azeri 0.03047283
    Turkish_Northwest 0.03119358
    Turkish_North 0.03224080
    Turkish_Azer 0.03332620
    Turkish_Southwest 0.03337477
    Azeri_Dagestan 0.04217953
    Kumyk 0.04920749
    Ezid 0.05064115
    Kabardin 0.05226894
    Kurdish 0.05526791
    Iranian_Fars 0.05560341
    Karachay 0.05633354
    Circassian 0.05686971 
    Iranian_Lor 0.05759951
    Cherkes 0.05803579
    Abazin 0.05860187 
    Iranian_Persian 0.05889652
    Georgian_Jew 0.06077727

    Turkish_Azer
    Code:
    Turkish_Azer 0.00000000
    Azeri 0.01930993
    Azeri_Dagestan 0.03114342
    Ezid 0.03117702
    Turkish_Central 0.03332620
    Iranian_Lor 0.03438925
    Iranian_Fars 0.03528120
    Kurdish 0.03723727
    Iranian_Zoroastrian 0.03993353
    Iranian_Persian 0.04001525
    Georgian_Jew 0.05045048
    Turkish_South 0.05110234
    Assyrian 0.05210681
    Kumyk 0.05329706 
    Armenian 0.05352240
    Iranian_Mazandarani 0.05407037
    Turkish_North 0.05460704
    Iranian_Jew 0.05597980
    Kabardin 0.05865308
    Turkish_Northwest 0.05933682

    Greek_Central_Anatolia
    Code:
    Greek_Central_Anatolia 0.00000000 
    Cypriot 0.03250706
    Turkish_Trabzon 0.03280552
    Greek_Crete 0.03624248
    Armenian 0.03722538
    Greek_Trabzon 0.03834875
    Druze 0.04121298
    Syrian_Jew 0.04257114
    Georgian_Jew 0.04290562
    Lebanese_Druze 0.04348696
    Assyrian 0.04533599
    Romaniote_Jew 0.04588062 
    Armenian_Hemsheni 0.04819141
    Lebanese_Christian 0.04902855
    Lebanese_Muslim 0.05082885
    Sephardic_Jew 0.05109254 
    Iranian_Jew 0.05305346
    Italian_Jew 0.05317429
    Iraqi_Jew 0.05345186
    Italian_South 0.05474098

    Armenian
    Code:
    Armenian 0.00000000
    Assyrian 0.01819245
    Georgian_Jew 0.02085092
    Turkish_Trabzon 0.02178454
    Greek_Trabzon 0.02443658
    Armenian_Hemsheni 0.02678656
    Iranian_Jew 0.03295358
    Greek_Central_Anatolia 0.03722538
    Iraqi_Jew 0.03829515 
    Georgian_Laz 0.04012515
    Kurdish 0.04428091
    Druze 0.04482123
    Lebanese_Druze 0.04505727
    Ezid 0.04825730
    Lebanese_Muslim 0.05054256
    Cypriot 0.05182011
    Syrian_Jew 0.05343292
    Turkish_Azer 0.05352240
    Iranian_Lor 0.05409516 
    Syrian 0.05485894

    Kurdish
    Code:
    Kurdish 0.00000000
    Ezid 0.01628374
    Iranian_Lor 0.01857587
    Iranian_Zoroastrian 0.02373262
    Iranian_Fars 0.02801572
    Azeri 0.03271561
    Iranian_Persian 0.03395372
    Turkish_Azer 0.03723727
    Assyrian 0.03813912
    Georgian_Jew 0.03923341
    Iranian_Mazandarani 0.03955547
    Azeri_Dagestan 0.03985626 
    Armenian 0.04428091
    Iranian_Jew 0.04482772
    Armenian_Hemsheni 0.05376178
    Turkish_Central 0.05526791
    Turkish_Trabzon 0.05658044 
    Greek_Trabzon 0.05932953
    Iraqi_Jew 0.06144513
    Georgian_Laz 0.06154284
    Is this "Anatolia_Ottoman" on your PCA only the Anatolia_Ottoman:MA2195 sample (the one seeming to be an Oghuz/Turcoman with no native Anatolian admixture), or the average of the two Anatolia_Ottoman samples? If it is the latter, then I should state that Anatolia_Ottoman:MA2196, the second of the Anatolia_Ottoman samples, is already highly admixed with Anatolian natives, so the Anatolia_Ottoman average would not be representative of the Oghuz/Turcoman incomers with no native Anatolian admixture.

    Also, it would be better if you made your Global 25 closest single population distances lists with 50 populations rather than 20 because small populations such as various Jewish groups take a lot of space in those lists.
    Last edited by Onur Dincer; 08-16-2019 at 08:40 PM.
    Hidden Content

    Y-DNA: R1b>P312>U152>L2>Z41150>DF90>FGC14641>FGC32041; Nigde, Turkey
    mtDNA: X2e2a3; Drama, Greece
    Maternal Y-DNA: R1a>Y40>YP294>BY90442; Razgrad, Bulgaria
    Father's mtDNA: T2b; Nigde, Turkey
    Paternal grandfather's mtDNA: H2a1; Nigde, Turkey
    Maternal grandfather's mtDNA: H5o; Razgrad, Bulgaria
    Father's maternal Y-DNA: R1b>P312>U152>L2>Z41150>DF90>FGC14641>FGC32041; Nigde, Turkey

    Ālim-i Rūm (Scholar of Hidden Content )

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Onur Dincer For This Useful Post:

     Andrewid (08-18-2019)

  15. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    296
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Y-DNA (P)
    N-P43

    Turkey Great Seljuk Empire Cappadocian Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Onur Dincer View Post
    Is this "Anatolia_Ottoman" on your PCA only the Anatolia_Ottoman:MA2195 sample (the one seeming to be an Oghuz/Turcoman with no native Anatolian admixture) or the average of the two Anatolia_Ottoman samples? If it is the latter, then I should state that Anatolia_Ottoman:MA2196, the second of the Anatolia_Ottoman samples, is already highly admixed with Anatolian natives, so the Anatolia_Ottoman average would not be representative of the Oghuz/Turcoman incomers with no native Anatolian admixture.
    I know. That's the average of the two Anatolia_Ottoman samples from the datasheet. That dot wasn't supposed to represent Oghuz/Turcoman incomers though, I just wanted to see the East Eurasian direction on the PCA.

    Here is a new PCA with Medieval Turkic samples.
    https://abload.de/img/pcac7k7v.png



    Quote Originally Posted by Onur Dincer View Post
    Also, it would be better if you made your Global 25 closest single population distances lists with 50 populations rather than 20 because small populations such as various Jewish groups take a lot of space in those lists.
    I will do that.
    Turkish DNA Project

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alkaevli For This Useful Post:

     Andrewid (08-18-2019),  Onur Dincer (08-16-2019),  Sangarius (08-17-2019)

  17. #10
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,875
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkaevli View Post
    I know. That's the average of the two Anatolia_Ottoman samples from the datasheet. That dot wasn't supposed to represent Oghuz/Turcoman incomers though, I just wanted to see the East Eurasian direction on the PCA.

    Here is a new PCA with Medieval Turkic samples.
    https://abload.de/img/pcac7k7v.png




    I will do that.
    Create some space buddy.I need to PM you..

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My current list of U106+ samples in aDNA samples
    By Bollox79 in forum Ancient (aDNA)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2018, 12:51 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2018, 04:51 PM
  3. Turkish DNA
    By panhudist in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2016, 11:20 AM
  4. Turkish DNA
    By isbara in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2015, 11:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •