Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northwest European
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22

Netherlands
    Question for the R1b U106 experts! I read everywhere that R1b U106 U198 is typically West-Germanic and is not so much North Germanic (Scandic).

There is a hotspot of U198 in outmost northeast Dutch (=100% my auDNA region). And of course are some remarks about L47 also welcome....

It's know from archeology that this an expansion zone of the Chauci, the Saxons form German North Sea Coast.

Image from Maarten Larmuseau, about the Dutch genetical landscape:

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Great Migration Colonists
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U106 (S10415)
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c2g (FMS)
    Y-DNA (M)
    I1a-P109 (23andMe)
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b3 (23andMe)

United States Gadsden England Scotland Ireland Wales
    I have not personally read anything about U198 being
    typically West-Germanic and is not so much North Germanic (Scandic).
    But, to be honest, I don't take much stock in any posting claiming a knowledge about the origins or frequency of any U106 subclade as we still don't really have enough information from Ancient DNA to make these claims accurate.

The Larmuseau images you are showing states they discovered only 40 U198 individuals in all of the region. The percentages listed are so fine scaled that another random survey of the area may result in a somewhat different heat map. This is especially tree of the areas with the smallest dots (which indicate the fewest individuals from the whole region sampled).
    Gedmatch DNA: M032736 Gedcom: 6613110.
    Gedmatch Genesis: WH4547538
    co-administrator: Y-DNA R-U106 Haplogroup Project

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northwest European
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22

Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing Genealogist View Post
    I have not personally read anything about U198 being But, to be honest, I don't take much stock in any posting claiming a knowledge about the origins or frequency of any U106 subclade as we still don't really have enough information from Ancient DNA to make these claims accurate.

The Larmuseau images you are showing states they discovered only 40 U198 individuals in all of the region. The percentages listed are so fine scaled that another random survey of the area may result in a somewhat different heat map. This is especially tree of the areas with the smallest dots (which indicate the fewest individuals from the whole region sampled).
    It's time to converge the things. I only see diverging trends. Subclades of subclades, and also constantly renumbered. What makes sense?
    No one seems to be able or aims to see the forest for its trees.
    IMO a total loss.....
    Last edited by Finn; 10-19-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northwest European
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22

Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing Genealogist View Post
    I have not personally read anything about U198 being But, to be honest, I don't take much stock in any posting claiming a knowledge about the origins or frequency of any U106 subclade as we still don't really have enough information from Ancient DNA to make these claims accurate.

And on topic, when the map of the Chauci expansion shows the same configuration as R1b U198 is this total coincidence or is this may be a signal that Chauci beared R1b U198.
    You see after the shake up of the big migration there was no big shake up for this region.....

R1b1b2a1a rs17222279 M467/S29/U198 Southern England + northern Germany Germanic (Anglo-Saxon)
    https://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Ha...1b1b2g_(Y-DNA)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Finnish-Colonial American
    Y-DNA (P)
    n1c1 Gf U106 F
    mtDNA (M)
    H1b1 Finnish

My father's last name was Trask. (U106) Thats also the name of a small village in balmy southern Sweden. It may also relate to a tiny village adjacent to York (Thirsk) There's no evidence however in genealogy so it's just anecdotal.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678