Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 181 to 190 of 190

Thread: View your Ancestry DNA Update!

  1. #181
    Registered Users
    Posts
    519
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    1/2 Ilocano 1/2 Tagalog
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    C-M130
    mtDNA (M)
    B4a1a

    Philippines
    Will it be the same exact results as that one website 'hack' link gave us few weeks ago?

  2. #182
    Registered Users
    Posts
    3,212
    Sex
    Location
    British Columbia
    Ethnicity
    Métis
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z198 (DF27)
    mtDNA (M)
    T2B-T152C

    Canada England Scotland Germany Poland France
    Quote Originally Posted by shazou View Post
    Will it be the same exact results as that one website 'hack' link gave us few weeks ago?
    Last time it was updated, people did the same thing to preview their results. there was no change after the hack was available. I'd bet that's what we will get.
    Paper trail ancestry to the best of my knowledge:
    English (possibly containing some Welsh ancestry) 31.25%, Eastern European and Eastern German (Galicia, Poland) 25%, Scottish 17.96%, Scotch-Irish 12.5%, French 8.2%, Native American 1.95%, and Colonial American, 3.125%, which cannot be determined with complete certainty: there is Dutch (at least 1.36%) and some English. The rest could include Spanish, Norwegian, German, and French, but these percentages would be minuscule.

  3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sktibo For This Useful Post:

     Bog Body (09-16-2019),  Claudio (09-16-2019),  Dts (09-16-2019),  euromutt (09-16-2019),  fostert (09-16-2019),  kujira692 (09-16-2019),  Nino90 (09-16-2019),  Robert1 (09-17-2019)

  4. #183
    Registered Users
    Posts
    275
    Sex
    Location
    NC Formerly NJ
    Ethnicity
    Ireland UK Sweden Germany
    Nationality
    US
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1a1(a)

    Northern Ireland Ireland Wales Sweden Scotland
    I am not sure I got an Update but mine now says "NordWales" and "NordWest Donegal" ? I don't think it said THAT before..
    Gedmatch kit M103328
    Genesis Superkit UH400001C1

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kathlingram For This Useful Post:

     Dewsloth (09-17-2019),  fostert (09-18-2019),  Robert1 (09-18-2019),  [email protected] (09-17-2019)

  6. #184
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,764
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    LebaGermish
    Y-DNA (P)
    P312>Z4161>DF19>DF88
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a1e...or g

    United States of America Lebanon Germany United Kingdom Belgium Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathlingram View Post
    I am not sure I got an Update but mine now says "NordWales" and "NordWest Donegal" ? I don't think it said THAT before..
    Whoah, Dad's new report speaks German, too!

    Ethnicity Estimate
    Updates
    England, Wales & Northwestern Europe 51%
    Germanic Europe 40%
    European Jewish 5%
    France 4%

    Additional Communities
    Northeastern States Settlers
    From your regions: England, Wales & Northwestern Europe; Germanic Europe
    Siedler in Neuengland und im östlichen Gebiet der Großen Seen
    ^^ but when you click on it, it is a part of the "Northeastern States Settlers" community
    R1b>M269>L23>L51>L11>P312>DF19>DF88>FGC11833 >S4281>S4268>Z17112 (S17075-)

    Y-cousin: 6DRIF-23 (DF19>>Z17112+, S17075+)

    Ancestors: Francis Cooke (M223/I2a2a) b1583; Hester Mahieu (Cooke) (J1c2 mtDNA) b.1584; Richard Warren (E-M35) b1578; Elizabeth Walker (Warren) (H1j mtDNA) b1583;
    John Mead (I2a1/P37.2) b1634; Rev. Joseph Hull (I1, L1301+ L1302-) b1595; Benjamin Harrington (M223/I2a2a-Y5729) b1618; Joshua Griffith (L21>DF13) b1593;
    John Wing (U106) b1584; Hermann Wilhelm (DF19) b1635

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dewsloth For This Useful Post:

     Bog Body (09-17-2019),  Camulogène Rix (09-17-2019),  fostert (09-18-2019),  [email protected] (09-17-2019)

  8. #185
    Registered Users
    Posts
    146
    Sex
    Nationality
    US

    France England Germany Palatinate Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewsloth View Post
    Whoah, Dad's new report speaks German, too!

    Ethnicity Estimate
    Updates
    England, Wales & Northwestern Europe 51%
    Germanic Europe 40%
    European Jewish 5%
    France 4%

    Additional Communities
    Northeastern States Settlers
    From your regions: England, Wales & Northwestern Europe; Germanic Europe
    Siedler in Neuengland und im östlichen Gebiet der Großen Seen
    ^^ but when you click on it, it is a part of the "Northeastern States Settlers" community
    Your dad's Ancestry estimate seems a bit more on the mark than mine, though. As we've noted before, your dad and I are not that far apart on any PCA or G25 Runner, even though we vary somewhat in how we get to the summation.

    I have 82% England, Wales, NW Europe, and only 5% Germanic, 5% France, 3% Norway. I think the 82% part is a bit overstretched, and I think it's probably conflating my northern French with it. On the other hand, The genetic communities does quite well: French Canadian and Virginia/Lower Midwest Migration). What other genetic communities does your dad have?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to dchicn For This Useful Post:

     Dewsloth (09-17-2019)

  10. #186
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,764
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    LebaGermish
    Y-DNA (P)
    P312>Z4161>DF19>DF88
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a1e...or g

    United States of America Lebanon Germany United Kingdom Belgium Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by dchicn View Post
    Your dad's Ancestry estimate seems a bit more on the mark than mine, though. As we've noted before, your dad and I are not that far apart on any PCA or G25 Runner, even though we vary somewhat in how we get to the summation.

    I have 82% England, Wales, NW Europe, and only 5% Germanic, 5% France, 3% Norway. I think the 82% part is a bit overstretched, and I think it's probably conflating my northern French with it. On the other hand, The genetic communities does quite well: French Canadian and Virginia/Lower Midwest Migration). What other genetic communities does your dad have?
    Just the northeastern New Englander colonists listed above -- that one is correct -- my paternal grandmother's family has 6 consecutive generations buried in Vermont, where they migrated to mostly from Connecticut (also Scotland) in the early 1700s.

    And I think you're right about the England, Wales, NWEuro category -- the regions' populations are just so similar that it can't separate them reliably.
    R1b>M269>L23>L51>L11>P312>DF19>DF88>FGC11833 >S4281>S4268>Z17112 (S17075-)

    Y-cousin: 6DRIF-23 (DF19>>Z17112+, S17075+)

    Ancestors: Francis Cooke (M223/I2a2a) b1583; Hester Mahieu (Cooke) (J1c2 mtDNA) b.1584; Richard Warren (E-M35) b1578; Elizabeth Walker (Warren) (H1j mtDNA) b1583;
    John Mead (I2a1/P37.2) b1634; Rev. Joseph Hull (I1, L1301+ L1302-) b1595; Benjamin Harrington (M223/I2a2a-Y5729) b1618; Joshua Griffith (L21>DF13) b1593;
    John Wing (U106) b1584; Hermann Wilhelm (DF19) b1635

  11. #187
    Registered Users
    Posts
    323
    Sex
    Location
    Yorkshire's PREMIER city
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Nationality
    English
    Y-DNA (P)
    Possibly R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    H1a3a1

    England North of England Ireland Scotland Germany Romani Star of David
    My results haven't changed but my genetic communities have.

    I'm now in "West and South Yorkshire and Derbyshire".
    "sample": "Custom:mildlycurly_scaled",
    "fit": 1.4136,
    "Irish": 58.33,
    "English": 39.17,
    "Ashkenazi_Jew": 1.67,
    "Roma": 0.83,


    Interests: Population genetics (especially pertaining to Romani and Jewish populations and the intersections between them), making music, making art, writing, Sheffield United FC.

  12. #188
    Registered Users
    Posts
    906
    Ethnicity
    Jewish

    Israel Jerusalem
    By the way, AncestryDNA's update may be here for some. My results used to always read that they were up to date, whereas now:

    "Your ethnicity estimate was last updated Oct 2018."
    הִנְנִי֩ מֵבִ֨יא אוֹתָ֜ם מֵאֶ֣רֶץ צָפ֗וֹן

    Jeremiah 31

  13. #189
    Registered Users
    Posts
    111
    Sex
    Location
    Florida
    Ethnicity
    European-American
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c12

    United States of America
    I don't have any changes yet. When I click on updates I get this "Your ethnicity estimate was last updated Aug 2018.".

  14. #190
    Registered Users
    Posts
    275
    Sex
    Location
    NC Formerly NJ
    Ethnicity
    Ireland UK Sweden Germany
    Nationality
    US
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1a1(a)

    Northern Ireland Ireland Wales Sweden Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    I don't have any changes yet. When I click on updates I get this "Your ethnicity estimate was last updated Aug 2018.".
    It says "North Wales" Now and not "NordWales" so must have been a glitch.. and mine says the same as yours Elizabeth "Your ethnicity estimate was last updated Aug 2018."
    Gedmatch kit M103328
    Genesis Superkit UH400001C1

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kathlingram For This Useful Post:

     Elizabeth (09-18-2019),  Robert1 (09-18-2019)

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Similar Threads

  1. Missing Ancestry results since update
    By JFWinstone in forum Living DNA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-22-2019, 10:50 PM
  2. 23andme ancestry composition update
    By Dibran in forum 23andMe
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-12-2018, 08:17 PM
  3. ancestry DNA update: Catman
    By catman44 in forum AncestryDNA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2018, 09:01 PM
  4. Update on possible Jewish ancestry
    By Phillip2019 in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2018, 08:59 PM
  5. Ancestry DNA update?
    By sktibo in forum AncestryDNA
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-19-2017, 09:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •