Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1183

Thread: An Ancient Harappan Genome Lacks Ancestry from Steppe Pastoralists or Iranian Farmers

  1. #21
    Registered Users
    Posts
    383
    Sex
    Location
    Russia

    .....
    Last edited by Ral; 09-05-2019 at 07:25 PM.

  2. #22
    Registered Users
    Posts
    466
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a2b1 (SK522+)
    mtDNA (M)
    T1

    Someone needs to analyze the Afghan R1b1a1a2a1a sample. Seems kind of odd with that time estimate and that specific lineage.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tomasso29 For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (09-05-2019),  Hando (09-06-2019),  Helen (09-10-2019),  Power77 (09-05-2019)

  4. #23
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,940
    Sex
    Location
    US
    Ethnicity
    India Andhra Kamma Telugu
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA (P)
    HM82 Z5890+CTS8144+
    mtDNA (M)
    U2a1a
    Y-DNA (M)
    HM69

    United States of America India
    I8194 Swat Gogdara sample has H1a1a similar to mine H-M82 but different clad from other ones
    Last edited by tipirneni; 09-05-2019 at 07:33 PM.
    Y: H-M69 -> H-M82 -> SK1225 -> H-Z5888 -> H-Z5890 -> H-CTS8144 [CTS8144/PF1741/M5498] -> Z34531 (H1a1a4b3b1a8~)
    found 2875 BCE -> Jiroft/IVC Periphery 11459 Shahr-i-Sokte BA2
    mtDNA:U2a1a

    G25 Ancients Dist 0.79 IND_Roopkund_A 51.05 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA2 46.64 MAR_Iberomaurusian2.04PAK_Katelai_IA0.19 TKM_Gonur2_BA 0.08

    Lactose Persistence rs3213871 rs4988243 rs4988183 rs3769005 rs2236783
    found -> DA125, Kangju

  5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tipirneni For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (09-05-2019),  bmoney (09-08-2019),  Hando (09-06-2019),  Kulin (09-05-2019),  Piquerobi (09-07-2019),  Power77 (09-05-2019),  thejkhan (09-05-2019),  Tomenable (09-05-2019)

  6. #24
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    3,983
    Location
    Gonur Tepe

    Afghanistan Jammu and Kashmir United States of America Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulin View Post
    Female mediated IE is relevant as well, especially for modern day populations in that area. Though, of course, steppe markers became disproportionately more male dominated further east (but female mtdna is also sparsely present).



    There's only one analyzed deeper, and it seems to be R-Z2122. Though, its possible the others are R-L657.
    I believe it is L657, they say its the South Asian variant so it must be.

  7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pegasus For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (09-05-2019),  bmoney (09-08-2019),  Hando (09-06-2019),  Kulin (09-05-2019),  poi (09-06-2019),  Power77 (09-06-2019),  Varun R (09-05-2019)

  8. #25
    Registered Users
    Posts
    192
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo View Post
    If it was originally 4% in South Asia, and not just in the Swat Valley, then their descendnets sure made a huge impact since then, especially in the upper castes.

    Language change came with that.
    4% must somehow correlate with the amount of Steppe admix. We talk about patriarchal IE people and if I'm asked, steppe admix can't be lower than associated uniparentals.
    The pre-version created theories about a late R1a arrival but now that those two individuals have been found we have to check whether they are not less relevant outliers.

    So in short: Let's check if steppe admix correlates with the 4% R1a to make sure that we have a patriarchal/IE scenario here.

  9. #26
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4,597
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Patarames View Post
    4% must somehow correlate with the amount of Steppe admix. We talk about patriarchal IE people and if I'm asked, steppe admix can't be lower than associated uniparentals.
    The pre-version created theories about a late R1a arrival but now that those two individuals have been found we have to check whether they are not less relevant outliers.

    So in short: Let's check if steppe admix correlates with the 4% R1a to make sure that we have a patriarchal/IE scenario here.
    You're acting crazy.

    There's a lot of R1a and steppe admix in South Asia, especially in Indo-Aryan speaking upper castes. The ancient results from one valley just help us to understand when it arrived in South Asia.

    By the way, the once Chalcolithic R1b-Z2103 from Hajji Firuz is now an Iron Age R1b-Z2103. Haha!

    Hajji_Firuz_IA I2327, 1193-1019 calBCE

  10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Generalissimo For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (09-05-2019),  agent_lime (09-08-2019),  Awale (10-02-2019),  Coldmountains (09-05-2019),  Hando (09-06-2019),  Helen (09-10-2019),  Helves (09-06-2019),  K33 (09-05-2019),  Power77 (09-06-2019),  Psynome (09-05-2019),  Ruderico (09-06-2019),  Ryukendo (09-06-2019),  Tomenable (09-05-2019)

  11. #27
    Registered Users
    Posts
    559
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic, Near East
    Nationality
    Murcan
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    T2a1a

    United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulin View Post
    Female mediated IE is relevant as well, especially for modern day populations in that area. Though, of course, steppe markers became disproportionately more male dominated further east (but female mtdna is also sparsely present).



    There's only one analyzed deeper, and it seems to be R-Z2122. Though, its possible the others are R-L657.
    Hah, R-Z2122 is the only R1a sample I found in my survey of 89 Palestinian Christians.

    Certainly, this is proof of MITANNI admixture in the Near East

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to K33 For This Useful Post:

     discreetmaverick (10-12-2020),  Hando (09-06-2019),  Kulin (09-06-2019),  Ryukendo (09-06-2019)

  13. #28
    Registered Users
    Posts
    559
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic, Near East
    Nationality
    Murcan
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    T2a1a

    United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo View Post
    You're acting crazy.

    There's a lot of R1a and steppe admix in South Asia, especially in Indo-Aryan speaking upper castes. The ancient results from one valley just help us to understand when it arrived in South Asia.

    By the way, the once Chalcolithic R1b-Z2103 from Hajji Firuz is now an Iron Age R1b-Z2103. Haha!

    Hajji_Firuz_IA I2327, 1193-1019 calBCE
    Still very early/exciting for the Iron Age! This guy slightly predates the 50% Sintashta-derived Turkmenistan_IA sample (900 BCE), which appeared in another study I believe.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K33 For This Useful Post:

     Hando (09-06-2019),  Ryukendo (09-06-2019)

  15. #29
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,334
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Z482>Y15222
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b5
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-Z36>Y156527

    Italy Italy Sicily Italy Two Sicilies Vatican Star of David
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojet View Post
    And of course, there is two more from Hajji Firuz that were previously published in a pre-print.
    The samples arenít available at the usual site, is there another location to look at?
    My Y Line: J2a-L210>Z489>Z482>Y15222

    My Maternal Y: R1b-U152>Z36>Y156527

    Other Y lines: 3x Great Grandfather on Maternal side: J2a-S25258>SK1336, 5x Great Grandfather on Maternal side: E-V13> A7135, 6x Great Grandfather on Maternal side: J1-Z2331>L829

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Principe For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (09-05-2019),  Hando (09-06-2019),  Power77 (09-06-2019)

  17. #30
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,616
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF27 FGC17112
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

    Quote Originally Posted by Trojet View Post
    And of course, there is two more from Hajji Firuz that were previously published in a pre-print.
    And Ganj Dareh.

  18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chad Rohlfsen For This Useful Post:

     aaronbee2010 (09-14-2019),  Agamemnon (09-05-2019),  ernekar (09-06-2019),  Hando (09-06-2019),  Johane Derite (09-05-2019),  Power77 (09-06-2019),  Ryukendo (09-06-2019)

Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. DA125 Steppe Genome
    By tipirneni in forum Ancient (aDNA)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-25-2020, 06:37 PM
  2. Replies: 272
    Last Post: 09-20-2019, 07:24 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-14-2018, 05:54 AM
  4. Steppe Pastoralists into Western Europe
    By A Norfolk L-M20 in forum Archaeology (Prehistory)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-23-2016, 11:50 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-21-2016, 06:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •