Page 51 of 119 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 1183

Thread: An Ancient Harappan Genome Lacks Ancestry from Steppe Pastoralists or Iranian Farmers

  1. #501
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    InPeWest is not purely Iran_N ?? You do realize that right?? 33-35% of IVCp is AASI, thats a significant amount. If you can find an Indian population which has > 50% Iran_N , which is not some migrated North Indus related population from Pakistan , please let me know. It will be a colossal waste of time finding a population like that (hint: they don't exist) but on the flipside finding an Indian population which harbors >50% AASI/AHG will be quite easy, I wonder why.
    .
    inPeWest is 90+pc iran_N related. NI which was AANi in the mesolithic saw mixture with 2 different low Iran_N peoples (steppe & AASI rich). Check ratio of iran_N to AHG in modern north indians and then get back to me.
    Last edited by misnomer; 09-22-2019 at 07:31 AM.

  2. #502
    Registered Users
    Posts
    944
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by misnomer View Post
    Oh so that's your problem with this. Ok.

    Presence of warrior burials along with chariots, presence of horses, presence of fire altars at various locations all pre 2000bce - none of this is even important enough to hypothesize that Vedic ppl lived in NI before steppe came in?
    Maybe "Vedic people" formed through an amalgamation of this substrate and the steppic arrivals?

  3. #503
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    3,983
    Location
    Gonur Tepe

    Afghanistan Jammu and Kashmir United States of America Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by misnomer View Post
    Oh so that's your problem with this. Ok.

    Presence of warrior burials along with chariots, presence of horses, presence of fire altars at various locations all pre 2000bce - none of this is even important enough to hypothesize that Vedic ppl lived in NI before steppe came in?
    At this point your just trolling and looking for special pleading and trying to get a reaction.
    Last edited by LTG; 09-23-2019 at 03:36 PM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to pegasus For This Useful Post:

     jesus (09-22-2019)

  5. #504
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,041
    Sex
    Location
    Central Florida
    Ethnicity
    Aegean Greek + NW Euro
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-L26
    mtDNA (M)
    J1b1a

    Greece United States of America
    An important observation from the supplement:

    S5.10 High proportions of AASI ancestry in present-day Austroasiatic speakers
    The Juang are an Austroasiatic speaking group in India whose PCA coordinates (reported in Table S 5) suggest have an especially low proportion of West Eurasian-related ancestry. We were unable to model Juang as a mixture of ASI and a source that was a clade with Nicobarese (isolated Austroasiatic speakers from the Nicobar Islands). However qpGraph obtains an excellent fit by adding a substantial component of AASI ancestry to Juang (Fig S56). Thus, the Juang have too much AASI-related ancestry relative to ancient Iranian farmers to be a simple two-way mixture of a Nicobarese-related population and ASI. These results suggest that Austroasiatic-speaking groups were in peninsular India at a time when there were still populations that had little if any Iranian farmer-related admixture.

    In the admixture graph, the Juang are estimated to be ~33% East Asian and 58% South Eurasian (AASI). The low West Eurasian in the Juang (<9% in the graph) and other Munda is consistent with the eastern Ganga Plain and Peninsular India being dominated by AASI right up until the Austro-Asiatics showed up.
    Ελευθερία ή θάνατος.

  6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Michalis Moriopoulos For This Useful Post:

     Censored (09-22-2019),  client (09-22-2019),  Gadzooks (09-19-2020),  Helen (09-23-2019),  parasar (09-23-2019),  pegasus (09-22-2019),  Ryukendo (09-22-2019),  Sangarius (09-22-2019),  thejkhan (09-22-2019)

  7. #505
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    At this point your just trolling and looking for special pleading and trying to get a reaction.
    You said -

    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    If you can find an Indian population which has > 50% Iran_N , which is not some migrated North Indus related population from Pakistan , please let me know. It will be a colossal waste of time finding a population like that (hint: they don't exist) but on the flipside finding an Indian population which harbors >50% AASI/AHG will be quite easy, I wonder why.
    North India had 2 different low Iran_N people mixing with it 1. Steppe 2. AHG rich. This is bound to happen at cost of IranN ancestry in North India. South India only had ANI people mixing with it. We should check the IranN to AHG ratio as it tells us about the population pre Steppe inflow. Below I have converted Indus_periphery_west to 90% Iran_N & 10% AHG. There are 75 Indian groups who have a ratio for IranN to AHG which is >=1. there are 63 groups with IranN/AHG<1.
    Iran to AHG more than 1 v2.png
    Last edited by LTG; 09-23-2019 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Edited to paste correct SS

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misnomer For This Useful Post:

     Immchr (09-22-2019),  palamede (09-23-2019)

  9. #506
    Moderator
    Posts
    1,606
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Z93

    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Its from Rakhigarhi. Honestly the idea of indigenous NW Indian variant like Shinde is proposing is ridiculous for simple reasons, most Indian populations are quite depressed for Iran_N related ancestry esp in comparison to the main IVC cluster and the Indians who do harbor the most of it are largely descended from recent migrants who arrived there from the North Indus or the Sind region in what is now Pakistan in the mid 20th century. Yes that is correct , and thats the big picture missing is the importance of these ASI HGs esp for Indian populations where it remains the main source of ancestry for most groups, not Iran_N/Iran_N related ancestry, which is a secondary stream of ancestry.

    After Baloch/Brahui, Iran_N related ancestry peaks in Sindhis, though it should be noted they harbor significant Turan related ancestry from an earlier source or via mixing with Baloch populations who dominate the region. Regardless this modern Sindhi sample on G25 reflects the gradient for Iran_N ancestry which is consistent with what I discussed in earlier posts.

    "sample": "Sindhi:HGDP00199",
    "fit": 3.9414,
    "IRN_Ganj_Dareh_N": 65,
    "Anatolia_Barcin_N": 12.5,
    "Simulated_AASI": 10,
    "RUS_Sidelkino_HG": 7.5,
    "RUS_Sosonivoy_HG": 5,
    "MAR_Iberomaurusian": 0,
    Also Iran_N and ASI are very distinct from each other. Iran_N is closer to Barcin or EEFs and basically to everything in West Eurasia than to ASI which would be closer to Iran_N if HGs of Iran_N ancestry lived in India. Shinde could not prove that the Indo-Aryan migration theory is false and did not want to admit that his theories did not match reality so he tried to pull ofo this theory for nationalist and personal reasons.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Coldmountains For This Useful Post:

     parasar (09-23-2019)

  11. #507
    Registered Users
    Posts
    944
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldmountains View Post
    Also Iran_N and ASI are very distinct from each other. Iran_N is closer to Barcin or EEFs and basically to everything in West Eurasia than to ASI which would be closer to Iran_N if HGs of Iran_N ancestry lived in India. Shinde could not prove that the Indo-Aryan migration theory is false and did not want to admit that his theories did not match reality so he tried to pull ofo this theory for nationalist and personal reasons.
    Is Shinde denying that Iran_N and AASI are different? I don't think he claimed anything of that sort. Why does Iran related HGs existing within the geographical boundaries of India necessarily imply that it must be or become related AHG/AASI?

    From what I can gather, this "revelation" that Iran-related HGs arrived in the early Holocene and not "Iranians who were farming" later on has changed nothing in terms of anything.

  12. #508
    Moderator
    Posts
    1,606
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Z93

    Quote Originally Posted by client View Post
    Is Shinde denying that Iran_N and AASI are different? I don't think he claimed anything of that sort. Why does Iran related HGs existing within the geographical boundaries of India necessarily imply that it must be or become related AHG/AASI?

    From what I can gather, this "revelation" that Iran-related HGs arrived in the early Holocene and not "Iranians who were farming" later on has changed nothing in terms of anything.
    ASI and Iran_N are very distinct genetically and culturally if Iran_N existed in India already earlier there would be more mixing and there would be some kind of continuum/transition zone but it does not like that. It looks more like that ASI-like people lived almost next to the modern day afghan border prior to IVC and the adoption of Farming.
    Last edited by Coldmountains; 09-22-2019 at 09:14 AM.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coldmountains For This Useful Post:

     BMG (09-22-2019),  Helen (09-23-2019),  pegasus (09-22-2019)

  14. #509
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldmountains View Post
    ASI and Iran_N are very distinct genetically and culturally if Iran_N existed in India already earlier there would be more mixing and there would be some kind of continuum/transition zone but it does not like that. It looks more like that ASI-like people lived almost next to the modern day afghan border prior to IVC and the adoption of Farming.
    That was the hypothesis pushed by the AIT crowd before the rakhigarhi sample was published. people like me were the ones who hypothesized that IVC people would be majorly Iran like. Guess what the paper says...

  15. #510
    Generic Mod Account
    Posts
    2,391
    Sex
    Omitted

    This is a general warning. Please behave and no provocations anymore.
    Forum Reminders - Please remember to:
    Report any problematic content Adhere to Anthrogenica Hidden Content Discuss respectfully Be mindful of sharing user data (both yours and others) English language only in main forum area PM 'Moderator' for basic maintenance tasks or information about member suspensions or bans

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moderator For This Useful Post:

     agent_lime (09-22-2019),  GTC (09-22-2019),  Helen (09-23-2019),  parasar (09-23-2019)

Page 51 of 119 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. DA125 Steppe Genome
    By tipirneni in forum Ancient (aDNA)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-25-2020, 06:37 PM
  2. Replies: 272
    Last Post: 09-20-2019, 07:24 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-14-2018, 05:54 AM
  4. Steppe Pastoralists into Western Europe
    By A Norfolk L-M20 in forum Archaeology (Prehistory)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-23-2016, 11:50 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-21-2016, 06:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •