Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somali J1 sample on yfull

Registered Users
    Sex

Somali J1 sample on yfull

A rare case of J1 from Somalia on yfull:

https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-ZS5383/

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NetNomad For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (01-25-2020),  FamBamjjj (09-15-2019),  RCO (09-12-2019),  TŠltos (09-14-2019),  VytautusofAukstaitija (01-24-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Omitted
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>E-FT385910
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

Somaliland Adal Sultanate Yemen African Union Canada
    It's from Sanaag so I'll assume the person is Warsengali? That wouldn't be surprising since they were known for incorporating foreigners such as Yemenis and Indians due to their seafaring traditions.

There's a clan in another area of Eastern Somaliland that have been incoporated into the Habar Jeclo but are still genologically distinct and apparently they are Arabs/Indians.I think they are called Reer Dood.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (01-25-2020),  Kulin (01-31-2020),  NetNomad (09-12-2019),  VytautusofAukstaitija (01-24-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post
    It's from Sanaag so I'll assume the person is Warsengali? That wouldn't be surprising since they were known for incorporating foreigners such as Yemenis and Indians due to their seafaring traditions.

There's a clan in another area of Eastern Somaliland that have been incoporated into the Habar Jeclo but are still genologically distinct and apparently they are Arabs/Indians.I think they are called Reer Dood.
    Close, but he is actually from the Dhulbahante clan from what I gather. The few J1 cases in the Warsangeli also have this subclade (J-ZS8629 / J-ZS8897). However, most Hartis seem to be of the E-Y163928 subclade.

Seems like many Somali clans have consistency problems if you sample deep enough.

When his analysis is finished he might form a subclade with sample YF63847 then we might get a TMRCA.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NetNomad For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (01-25-2020),  drobbah (09-12-2019),  Kulin (01-31-2020),  VytautusofAukstaitija (01-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NetNomad View Post
    Close, but he is actually from the Dhulbahante clan from what I gather. The few J1 cases in the Warsangeli also have this subclade (J-ZS8629 / J-ZS8897). However, most Hartis seem to be of the E-Y163928 subclade.

Seems like many Somali clans have consistency problems if you sample deep enough.

When his analysis is finished he might form a subclade with sample YF63847 then we might get a TMRCA.
    This was always going to be the case. Somali clans always did practice the assimilation of another subclan (toloobaan) but it is somewhat rare and usually the clan of those being assimilated are very against it.

It usually occured when the assimilated Somali subclan is at the brink of extinction or suffering horribly and are in need of kin, or they need protection whether for access to wells and in warfare and lack the number of males for a standoff.

Most of the time, the expectation is the subclan will remember their origin, so that they can later arise again and proclaim their true belonging and affiliation.

A good example is the Arab Salax - they are descended from a Mehri man (the Good Arab), who settled in the Somali territories in the last 500 years. His descendants became shegato or toloobeen with the Majerteen, and Siad Barre massacred them when he was massacering the Majerteen clansmen and nomads in Mudug and Bari in the late 70's since the Arab Salax were considered Majerteen.

It seemed the Sayyid knew the truth and did not consider them Majerteen, since he gave orders to attack the Majerteen clan but did not count the Arab Salax as amongst them, but probably but as their own clan, and even praised them as a clan. Alot of Majerteen fled the Sayyid and went to the Arab Salax and claimed to be Arab Salax, and Majerteen camels were merged and herded with the Arab Salax, and they settled in the nomadic camps of the Arab Salax in Mudug and Nugaal.

In the southern arena of the Somali migrations, almost every other clan became shegato, such as the Degodiye and Jidle, and some Sheikhaale and Hiraab Hawiye. But all I think came out of it and reconstituted themselves. Except for some Geri Koombe Darood who became Xawadle (I don't know if this occurred during the later migration period).

Another case of this is the Garxajis of Bari who lived amongst the Majerteen claimed they were Dir, but recently they said they are Garxajis. Some Dir in Bari are actually Dir, and remain so. This suggests this Dir = Isaaq thing is actually very old and not a civil war era invention. The current mrca of the Somali T samples, looks very agreeable to this.

I think Somali J will almost all be the Arab Salax J1-P58, and this Warsangeli-Dhulbahante J-ZS8897 clade, and they both are probably both the result of Islamic era Arab founders, like the Arab Salax J1-P58.

But the inland Ethiopian Somali J1 need their clans verified before this can be established. The Garre J1 are going to be the most out of place, but maybe of ultimate Ethiosemitic origin? The Arsi Oromo nearby have alot of J1, I think P56. And the Garre have some Oromo descended clans even in the Jubba-Shabelle hinterland, although not Arsi Oromos, but Warra Dayya I think.

Is it possible that the unknown Omotic J1 could be hiding in the Oromo and Arsi? Could this be another avenue for some J1 in Oromos and other Cushitic peoples and hunter gathers?
    Last edited by VytautusofAukstaitija; 01-24-2020 at 02:14 PM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VytautusofAukstaitija For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (01-25-2020),  drobbah (01-24-2020),  Kulin (01-31-2020),  Megalophias (01-24-2020),  NetNomad (01-28-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Do you receive paternal haplogroup only from your father? Do your mother fathers also give some components?

Registered Users
    Sex

Wtf who in the world would a omotic hunter gatherer have j1?

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Advokaten19 View Post
    Wtf who in the world would a omotic hunter gatherer have j1?
    It is not an Ethiopian hunter-gatherer lineage, only E-M329 really is without question. It came from the North (J1). Omotics have some other lineages associated with 'Northern' groups like E-M34 as well.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NetNomad For This Useful Post:

Alfa (02-01-2020),  drobbah (01-31-2020),  GabrielZelalem (01-31-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Omitted
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>E-FT385910
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

Perhaps the ancestors of these J1 individuals brought the Yemeni admixture that a significant portion of Somalis carry today.They could also be responsible for all the Sabean/Himyarite inscriptions in Somaliland

14. The Following User Says Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

GabrielZelalem (01-31-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    mtDNA (M)
    L3i2

Somalia
    Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post
    Perhaps the ancestors of these J1 individuals brought the Yemeni admixture that a significant portion of Somalis carry today.They could also be responsible for all the Sabean/Himyarite inscriptions in Somaliland

What Yemeni admixture?

Somalis don't have any admixture.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sum1 For This Useful Post:

Omaar (02-01-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Omitted
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>E-FT385910
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

Quote Originally Posted by sum1 View Post
    What Yemeni admixture?

Somalis don't have any admixture.
    Some of us do.For example I have 4-5% my mother has 8% and my old man has none

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast