Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PCA G25_scaled - Africans only (Users & Ancients/Modern Avgs)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    Nilotic peoples (Sudanese and the Nilotic Ethiopians like Mursi) plot very similar to West Africans and Bantu peoples. Is this what we would have expected?
    On intra-SSA PCAs, especially ones without South/Central hunter-gatherers, their distinction is more clearly visible. They aren't exactly the same.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NetNomad For This Useful Post:

Alfa (10-05-2019),  Angoliga (10-01-2019),  Power77 (10-06-2019)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Central/E. Sudanic
    Y-DNA (P)
    A-M13 (A-Y95250*)
    mtDNA (M)
    L3x2b
    Y-DNA (M)
    B2a1
    mtDNA (P)
    L2e*

Canada Uganda
    "SM_Typic (1/4 YMN)" user added:

Africa PCA (updated):

.... .. I have spoken."

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angoliga For This Useful Post:

Espoir (10-03-2019),  NetNomad (10-01-2019),  pgbk87 (10-03-2019),  Power77 (10-06-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Banyamulenge
    Nationality
    D.R.Congo
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M4451
    mtDNA (M)
    L3e1a2
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-M293
    mtDNA (P)
    L4b2a2b

Congo Kinshasa United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by NiloSaharan View Post
    PCA G25_scaled - Africans only
    Users & Ancients/Modern Avgs
    (09/22/2019)

Ancients = ◇
    Active Users = x
    Modern Samples = ē

Inviting all native Africans to participate, we can update these PCAs as we get more African users and additional Ancient/Modern samples. For the few African users found who've already posted their G25 cords on the forum, I've had them plotted as "x" on the PCAs. To get added on these PCAs, either PM me or post your G25 cords on this thread.

If you don't already have G25 cords, here's how to get them (from AncestryDNA, FTDNA, LivingDNA, MyHeritage or 23andMe) and how to run PCAs on your own (it's fairly simple):

How to get your G25 cords:

• "send your request and autosomal genotype data (from AncestryDNA, FTDNA, LivingDNA, MyHeritage or 23andMe) to eurogenesblog@gmail.com and money via PayPal to the same e-mail" (current prices are $12 USD)
    • Here's an explanation of G25 cords along with instructions on how to run these PCAs for free (link)
    • The PAST data files when running the PCAs are here; I'll update them as we get more samples

Sub-Regional PCAs

North-Africans:

Tropical-Africans:

South-Africans:

It might've been ideal to have separate threads for these sub-regions but seeing as we're a limited bunch on the forum, one central-thread might suffice. For better resolution, sub-regional PCAs can be updated concurrently as more samples are added.

*Feel free to discuss any observations*
    I see a beautiful Cline from NiloSaharan to North Africans. That says something about Northeast Africans. Does their Eurasian has anything to do with modern North Africans, or itís simply that their Eurasian source population is shared between them(NE African and N. Africans).
    Do Biaka has west African admixture or itís another Cline that exist between southern/central and west central HGs?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Espoir For This Useful Post:

Power77 (10-06-2019)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Central/E. Sudanic
    Y-DNA (P)
    A-M13 (A-Y95250*)
    mtDNA (M)
    L3x2b
    Y-DNA (M)
    B2a1
    mtDNA (P)
    L2e*

Canada Uganda
    Quote Originally Posted by Espoir View Post
    I see a beautiful Cline from NiloSaharan to North Africans. That says something about Northeast Africans. Does their Eurasian has anything to do with modern North Africans, or itís simply that their Eurasian source population is shared between them(NE African and N. Africans).
    I guess you could say the same for West-Africans, honestly I think Ancestral-East-Africans might appear slightly closer to Eurasians just because the sub-set of OOA pops happened to be directly derived from them -- that plus maybe a smudge of EEF-endowed Neolithic North-Africans + Natufian/Ancient-Paleolithic SW-Asian ancestry (~<5%)

It's hard to say without more ancient samples but when you combine Lazadis' model, comparative Y-DNA dating, and some scanty ancient nMonte runs, it's plausible that W-Africans and Ancestral-East-Africans came from a common source population not too long before the last OoA migration ~50ky BP. Here's a hypothetical position of where they might plot:

Similar to our recent Neolithic Sub-pluvial, the even stronger Green-Sahara period of the Mousterian-pluvial ~50ky BP (lasting 20ky) would've also triggered mass migrations.

The common Ancient-North-African/Iberomaurusian-like affinity we're seeing among W-Africans and E-Africans like the Dinka would reflect this much older trans-saharan admixture during the Mousterian Pluvial, whereas MAR_EN would reflect trans-saharan ANA admixture during the Neolithic-Subpluvial.

Dating of W-African and archaic-SSA introgression in this Lazardis' model would reflects the western migration of this source population into West-Africa during the M-Pluvial; this might be part of the PaleoDNA in the Shum Laka samples.

Unlike modern West and East-Africans, Ancient South-Africans might lack this ANA/Iberomaurusian-like affinity because they solely inhabited Africa between the Cape and Equatorial-regions; they lack this trans-saharan ANA affinity because they were on the other side of the continent.

Do Biaka has west African admixture or itís another Cline that exist between southern/central and west central HGs?
    Not sure TBH but them pulling closer to modern-SSAs does give the impression that they're a lesser "pure-variety" of archaic HGs than Mbuti:

.... .. I have spoken."

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angoliga For This Useful Post:

Espoir (10-04-2019),  NetNomad (10-04-2019),  Power77 (10-06-2019),  traject (10-04-2019)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Central/E. Sudanic
    Y-DNA (P)
    A-M13 (A-Y95250*)
    mtDNA (M)
    L3x2b
    Y-DNA (M)
    B2a1
    mtDNA (P)
    L2e*

Canada Uganda
    "RW_TUTSI_Gashagaza" sample added as requested:

* Currently not an active user; indicated as a red-dot here only as a visual reference:

Africa PCA updated:

.... .. I have spoken."

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angoliga For This Useful Post:

Alfa (10-06-2019),  Espoir (10-07-2019),  mpatsibihugu89 (10-06-2019),  Power77 (10-06-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Horner
    Y-DNA (P)
    T
    mtDNA (M)
    R0a

African Union Djibouti African Union
    What do we have to ask in order to be placed on the maps ? did not really get it sorry

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Central/E. Sudanic
    Y-DNA (P)
    A-M13 (A-Y95250*)
    mtDNA (M)
    L3x2b
    Y-DNA (M)
    B2a1
    mtDNA (P)
    L2e*

Canada Uganda
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrielZelalem View Post
    What do we have to ask in order to be placed on the maps ? did not really get it sorry
    Hi there,

It'd be interesting seeing where you plot respective to other horners -- you'd be the first of Djiboutian decent!

... here's the steps on how to get added, they're within the spoiler of the initial post:

If you don't already have G25 cords, here's how to get them (from AncestryDNA, FTDNA, LivingDNA, MyHeritage or 23andMe) and how to run PCAs on your own (it's fairly simple):

How to get your G25 cords:

• "send your request and autosomal genotype data (from AncestryDNA, FTDNA, LivingDNA, MyHeritage or 23andMe) to eurogenesblog@gmail.com and money via PayPal to the same e-mail" (current prices are $12 USD)
    • Here's an explanation of G25 cords along with instructions on how to run these PCAs for free (link)
    • The PAST data files when running the PCAs are here; I'll update them as we get more samples
    I forgot to mention in the initial post, once you've obtained your cords you'll also be able to compare your ancestry against modern/ancients using nMonte. This is explained in the creator's link above.

Feel free to private-message me if you have any questions,
    .... .. I have spoken."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Angoliga For This Useful Post:

GabrielZelalem (10-10-2019)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Central/E. Sudanic
    Y-DNA (P)
    A-M13 (A-Y95250*)
    mtDNA (M)
    L3x2b
    Y-DNA (M)
    B2a1
    mtDNA (P)
    L2e*

Canada Uganda
    "DJB_GabrielZelalem" user added:

Our first participant of Dijboutian ancestry seen here nearly overlapping Somali users:

.... .. I have spoken."

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angoliga For This Useful Post:

GabrielZelalem (10-11-2019),  jstephan (10-12-2019),  NetNomad (10-12-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Horner
    Y-DNA (P)
    T
    mtDNA (M)
    R0a

African Union Djibouti African Union
    Yeah I’m mostly Isaaq which is a the main tribe in northwestern Somalia. But I expected to be closer to the Oromo/ Ethiopian as I thought I had what seems now to be non-significant arabian ancestry ?! Thank you for that !!!!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GabrielZelalem For This Useful Post:

drobbah (10-13-2019),  NetNomad (10-12-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Banyamulenge
    Nationality
    D.R.Congo
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M4451
    mtDNA (M)
    L3e1a2
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-M293
    mtDNA (P)
    L4b2a2b

Congo Kinshasa United States of America
    @NiloSaharan or anyone who might know why,
    I was looking again on this PCA, what makes Kakwa and Aringa cluster close to Nilotes despite them showing significant input from West Africans or Bantu. Is there anything else playing in that I donít know of.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast