Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Did some of my ancestors mix with Conversos?

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-L210
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a
    mtDNA (P)
    HV1b2

Israel Jerusalem
    Quote Originally Posted by andyouare View Post
    Why would Sephardic ancestry give me full ashkenazi matches? Is that normal?
    Yes, it's normal. Ashkenazim have some Sephardic ancestry and various Eastern Sephardim often have some Ashkenazi ancestry.
    הִנְנִי֩ מֵבִ֨יא אוֹתָ֜ם מֵאֶ֣רֶץ צָפ֗וֹן

Jeremiah 31

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StillWater For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (10-02-2019),  andyouare (10-02-2019),  hartaisarlag (10-14-2019),  Power77 (10-02-2019),  Targum (10-03-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Arab
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2a
    mtDNA (M)
    T2

Thanks for the responses
    Last edited by andyouare; 10-02-2019 at 01:29 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andyouare For This Useful Post:

hartaisarlag (10-02-2019),  rober_tce (10-03-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Arab
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2a
    mtDNA (M)
    T2

Quote Originally Posted by rober_tce View Post
    Yes, in autosomal comparison tool. In fact, your match with 24.2 cM have only 1400 SNPs shared. Kevin Brook told me about this, he analyzed my jewish matches and said me that kit with new format give weird results in autosomal comparison. For example one of my Ashkenazi matches with traditional format, have 2400 SNPs shared with me in 10 cM, but other jewish kit with new format and 14 cM, only shared with me 300 SNPs.

Try verifying this matter and compare traditional kits with newer kits (two letters and seven numbers).

Read also this link of Kevin Brook web: http://www.khazaria.com/genetics/exc...d-regions.html
    Are there any other sources for this '100 snp per 1 cM otherwise it's likely fake' guideline? His requirements seem pretty stringent. So a matches cluster can be labeled entirely fake just because a couple members match the rest but don't triangulate, or they triangulate but not for the entire segment?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Andaluz+Jewish traces
    Nationality
    Spanish

Andalucia Spain Spanish Empire (1506-1701) Star of David
    For matches that they should have minimum 700 SNPs for they would can be real; normally matches with 20 cM, you should share more SNPs. This match have modern or old GEDmatch format?

If only it triangulate two matches but not between others can be real (verify if these matches triangulate only between them or also with other non jewish matches), but if you have some matches that triangulate between them in same chromosome segments is better and a solid indicator of jewish segment in a chromosome.

Edition: I revised Kevin Brook's emails and he said me that for a match with 7 cM, both kits must share minimum 700 SNPs, even 1000 SNP would be better.
    Last edited by rober_tce; 10-04-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Arab
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2a
    mtDNA (M)
    T2

For matches that they should have minimum 700 SNPs for they would can be real; normally matches with 20 cM, you should share more SNPs. This match have modern or old GEDmatch format?

If only it triangulate two matches but not between others can be real (verify if these matches triangulate only between them or also with other non jewish matches), but if you have some matches that triangulate between them in same chromosome segments is better and a solid indicator of jewish segment in a chromosome.

Edition: I revised Kevin Brook's emails and he said me that for a match with 7 cM, both kits must share minimum 700 SNPs, even 1000 SNP would be better.
    I'm not really sure how I'm related to that match anyways, but how do you tell old from new format? Is it just the letters?

As for the triangulation group, on Gedmatch that group contains Sephardic and South American/Spanish matches. I didn't save the south american kit numbers back when I had tier 1 but here are some of the Sephardic ones:
    9.7 cM - 831 SNPs
    9.9 cM - 1,082 SNPs
    9.4 cM - 701 SNPs
    8.8 cM - 979 SNPs

The full Ashkenazi match (not in the triangulation group as it has no Ashkenazim) @ 11.8 cM is a 23andme kit that starts with 2 letters being compared to my MH kit and we only share 233 SNPs

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Andaluz+Jewish traces
    Nationality
    Spanish

I'm not really sure how I'm related to that match anyways, but how do you tell old from new format? Is it just the letters?

As for the triangulation group, on Gedmatch that group contains Sephardic and South American/Spanish matches. I didn't save the south american kit numbers back when I had tier 1 but here are some of the Sephardic ones:
    9.7 cM - 831 SNPs
    9.9 cM - 1,082 SNPs
    9.4 cM - 701 SNPs
    8.8 cM - 979 SNPs

The full Ashkenazi match (not in the triangulation group as it has no Ashkenazim) @ 11.8 cM is a 23andme kit that starts with 2 letters being compared to my MH kit and we only share 233 SNPs
    The old format have a letter and six numbers, and the newest one have two letters and seven numbers.

Of the list, the best matches are 9.9 cM and 8.8 cM, their SNPs are acceptables. The first of 9.7 cM is acceptable and the third of 9.4 cM have less SNPs but could be good, although it should have more of them. The best of them is one that have 9.9 cM. These have older format?

The Ashkenazi kit is a false match, look at their SNPs shared, only 233 SNPs for 11.8 cM. This kit have the new format (two letters and seven numbers); I have three similar false matches with 14.2-12.1-11.7 cM and 240 SNPs.
    Last edited by rober_tce; 10-05-2019 at 04:37 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rober_tce For This Useful Post:

andyouare (10-06-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Arab
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2a
    mtDNA (M)
    T2

The old format have a letter and six numbers, and the newest one have two letters and seven numbers.

Of the list, the best matches are 9.9 cM and 8.8 cM, their SNPs are acceptables. The first of 9.7 cM is acceptable and the third of 9.4 cM have less SNPs but could be good, although it should have more of them. The best of them is one that have 9.9 cM. These have older format?

The Ashkenazi kit is a false match, look at their SNPs shared, only 233 SNPs for 11.8 cM. This kit have the new format (two letters and seven numbers); I have three similar false matches with 14.2-12.1-11.7 cM and 240 SNPs.
    Yup these start with 1 letter

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Andaluz+Jewish traces
    Nationality
    Spanish

Yup these start with 1 letter
    This is good, and if they triangulate between them and with you, surely are real matches.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rober_tce For This Useful Post:

andyouare (10-13-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Arab
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2a
    mtDNA (M)
    T2

This is good, and if they triangulate between them and with you, surely are real matches.
    Yea, it seems so. I'm very curious about my y-dna. The Morley predictor it still using the 2013 tree and my subclade doesn't even exist in the current tree.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to andyouare For This Useful Post:

rober_tce (10-13-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Arab
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2a
    mtDNA (M)
    T2

A couple other close matches I forgot about, no idea if relevant but interesting nonetheless:

• I have a Turkish (90% west asian, 10% north/west european, Turkish last name) match that I share a 22.7 cM segment with. We have another common Turkish (10.4 cM segment) match and we all share a triangulated segment. I have a few other matches with Turkish surnames as well.

• Greek (Greek last names, 88,7% Greek/south italian, 10,5% Iberian) match (18,9‎ cM total, 11.8 cM segment)
    Last edited by andyouare; 10-14-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast