Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian+Jewish traces
    Nationality
    Spanish

Andalucia Spain Star of David Israel Jerusalem

24 Genetics

I don't find a post about this, sorry if it's in another place of forum, I don't see it.

Anybody has tested with this company? How was the experience? I'm interested in this test, only for upload raw data (50 euros), but it's some expensive...

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Y15241
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-BY7517
    mtDNA (P)
    HV1b2

Israel Jerusalem
    They were kind enough to take the initiative to send me results with Jewish references and without. However, the results weren't accurate, with a couple unique exceptions: the largest MENA portion came from Palestinian Christians on the report without Jewish references, the amount of Ukrainian Ashkenazi I got is about correct, they may have correctly pinned down my East Asian admixture as Indonesian, and the North African region they assigned me seems plausible. The main issue is that you pay 50EUR and then you're stuck with the results even though they have updates.
    הִנְנִי֩ מֵבִ֨יא אוֹתָ֜ם מֵאֶ֣רֶץ צָפ֗וֹן

Jeremiah 31

Other potential and/or likely recent lineages: J-L816, J-PF5456, E-FGC56023

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillWater For This Useful Post:

24Genetics (02-20-2021),  rober_tce (10-01-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Nationality
    English
    Y-DNA (P)
    Possibly R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    H1a3a1

England North of England Ireland Scotland Germany Romani Star of David
    Quote Originally Posted by StillWater View Post
    They were kind enough to take the initiative to send me results with Jewish references and without. However, the results weren't accurate, with a couple unique exceptions: the largest MENA portion came from Palestinian Christians on the report without Jewish references, the amount of Ukrainian Ashkenazi I got is about correct, they may have correctly pinned down my East Asian admixture as Indonesian, and the North African region they assigned me seems plausible. The main issue is that you pay 50EUR and then you're stuck with the results even though they have updates.
    It seems best for Jewish admix. Even Ethnogene, which is apparently quite close to 24 Genetics, is pretty vague about it- for Ashkenazi, it only states Central, Eastern and Southern. No countries.

Although I'm perplexed to how an Indonesian managed to enter the Ashkenazi genepool. Perhaps the result of a trader bringing an Indonesian over?

And I agree that it would be best if your results kept updating as the algorithm did. Would give it an edge over similar systems.
    Target: mildlycurly_scaled
    Distance: 1.3578% / 0.01357814
    57.0 Irish
    37.6 English
    2.6 Roma_Barcelona
    1.8 Ashkenazi_Germany
    1.0 Roma_Granada

Current research interest(s): The Viscontis of Milan

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY14160
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c
    mtDNA (P)
    I1a1

Germany Italy Sweden Netherlands
    I did this a couple years ago. I think they use the K36 and do some sort of report off of the results. Mine isnt accurate in the traditional sense, although if you are less admixed then it might be ok for you? I suggest Lukasz K36 report instead. Cheaper and faster

24g1.JPG
    24g2.JPG
    Last edited by digital_noise; 10-01-2019 at 04:18 PM.
    distance%=4.6465"
    Barcin_N,47.2
    Yamnaya_Samara,41.4
    WHG,10.6
    Ethiopia_4500BP,0.8

6. The Following User Says Thank You to digital_noise For This Useful Post:

rober_tce (10-01-2019)

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-Y15241
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-BY7517
    mtDNA (P)
    HV1b2

Israel Jerusalem
    Quote Originally Posted by mildlycurly View Post
    It seems best for Jewish admix. Even Ethnogene, which is apparently quite close to 24 Genetics, is pretty vague about it- for Ashkenazi, it only states Central, Eastern and Southern. No countries.

Although I'm perplexed to how an Indonesian managed to enter the Ashkenazi genepool. Perhaps the result of a trader bringing an Indonesian over?

And I agree that it would be best if your results kept updating as the algorithm did. Would give it an edge over similar systems.
    It's not. They simply have the most Jewish categories. I should be one of the easier Jews to pin down, as I'm one of the lesser regionally mixed Jews. Most of my ancestors are from Eastern Belarus, while I was assigned this: 32.4 Ashkenazi Jews General, 30.8 Austria Ashkenazi Jews, 7.4% Ukraine Ashkenazi Jews. And I'm fully Eastern Ashkenazi. Am I surprised with the Austrian Jewish %? No, because my East Euro admix is very low, I know that I appear as a Western Ashkenazi and/or Sephardi/Italki autosomally.

As for the Indonesian, I don't know. I'm still trying to figure it out. I consistently score high SEA and Oceanian. Those in the Southeast Asian subforum have suggested it might be Filipino. Of course, it could be that I score SEA and Oceanian from different sources and then it becomes even more complicated.
    הִנְנִי֩ מֵבִ֨יא אוֹתָ֜ם מֵאֶ֣רֶץ צָפ֗וֹן

Jeremiah 31

Other potential and/or likely recent lineages: J-L816, J-PF5456, E-FGC56023

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian+Jewish traces
    Nationality
    Spanish

Andalucia Spain Star of David Israel Jerusalem
    Thank you all for your answer.

Yes, in my case I'm less admixed, my most recently ancestors are spanish, so it's easier for them assigning me spanish regions. But I would like another deeper test.

The principal negative point for me is the price, too high... and according to your comments, if this test isn't very accurate, paying 50€ is unnecessary. So in this case I would prefer placing an order in Ehtnogene (when the problem finally finish) or LM K36 ancestral report...