Another one try on vadahuo.

arget: Christos_scaled
    Distance: 2.6610% / 0.02661043
    Aggregated
    59.8 GRC_Mycenaean
    34.6 CZE_Early_Slav
    4.6 IRN_Ganj_Dareh_N
    1.0 Han

Your HAN is probalby related to some kind of foreign invaders in the GRECO-BALKAN world during the byzantine conquest(might be bulgars,avars or something not sure).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

xripkan (10-12-2019)

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny ola View Post
    Ι runned your coordinates on vadahuo with ancient refrences pops and you coming like:

Anatolian Barcin Neolithic:63.2
    RUS_KARELIA_HG:19.0
    CHG:10.4
    Iran N:7.2
    HAN:0.2

You are mostly Neolithic anatolian with adittional slavic/caucasus and for some uknown reason you showing HAN witch is pretty much central asian.I have no idea where this coming from.

From what regions of Greece you have roots?
    I am mostly from Peloponnese. I have also roots from Thessaly. I don't have any known ancestry from Anatolia or Caucasus. Does it make sense to have such results?

Registered Users

Another one try on vadahuo.

arget: Christos_scaled
    Distance: 2.6610% / 0.02661043
    Aggregated
    59.8 GRC_Mycenaean
    34.6 CZE_Early_Slav
    4.6 IRN_Ganj_Dareh_N
    1.0 Han

Your HAN is probalby related to some kind of foreign invaders in the GRECO-BALKAN world during the byzantine conquest(might be bulgars,avars or something not sure).
    It is very interesting but what makes you believe that instead of an Ottoman admixture?

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by xripkan View Post
    I am mostly from Peloponnese. I have also roots from Thessaly. I don't have any known ancestry from Anatolia or Caucasus. Does it make sense to have such results?
    You don’t have high caucasus input that was my mistake.You have mycenaean caucasus like admixture.I don’t see any Levant also influence to my runnings on vadahuo aswell.

Well, yes if you have roots from thessaly then yes it’s obvious your high Steppe/EHG input witch is probably slavic/vlach etc.Peloponnesus witch part exactly?Peloponesus is not homogenous it differs.The southern parts are not so northern shifted.

As for your HAN component it might be from anywhere,we can’t say with sure..but if you want my opinion is not from the ottomans because Christians and Muslims rarely mixed with each other and that is happened even to Pontus,Cappadocia,West Anatolian parts among Greek Christian populations that you rarely gonna see anyone with HAN-Nagasan like admixture.I think to your situation is probably assilimated northern invaders during byzantium ages.

Registered Users

You don’t have high caucasus input that was my mistake.You have mycenaean caucasus like admixture.I don’t see any Levant also influence to my runnings on vadahuo aswell.

Well, yes if you have roots from thessaly then yes it’s obvious your high Steppe/EHG input witch is probably slavic/vlach etc.Peloponnesus witch part exactly?Peloponesus is not homogenous it differs.The southern parts are not so northern shifted.

As for your HAN component it might be from anywhere,we can’t say with sure..but if you want my opinion is not from the ottomans because Christians and Muslims rarely mixed with each other and that is happened even to Pontus,Cappadocia,West Anatolian parts among Greek Christian populations that you rarely gonna see anyone with HAN-Nagasan like admixture.I think to your situation is probably assilimated northern invaders during byzantium ages.
    1/2 Messinia, 1/4 Arcadia, 1/4 Western Thessaly. What do you think? At gedmatch I have low Slavic admixture I am modelled 81% South Italian 19% Belarussian.

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by Aspar View Post
    I think that 'Anatolia_Kaman-Kalehoyuk_MLBA' was mediated in the Balkans with the ancient Hellenes first but most of it however, came during the Roman times and then during the Byzantine Empire.
    As a Greek you are probably aware that after the Danube limes were overrun and with the migration of a huge number of Barbarians, the Balkans were in a Dark ages, with a huge depopulation ever since the few plagues(most famous one being the Justinian's plague) and with the Huns and the Goths first, followed by the Avars and the Sclavenes overrunning it...
    So, the Anatolian part of the Byzantine Empire was the engine of the re-Hellenization of the Balkans and also re-populating some re-conquered parts of the Balkans with Anatolian population which is historically documented.
    Therefore, this could be Byzantine Anatolian rather than Balkan Thracian related...
    With which historic population would you connect them? Phrygians perhaps?

Registered Users
    Sex

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ajeje Brazorf For This Useful Post:

xripkan (10-12-2019)

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-Y16729
    mtDNA (M)
    H

Macedonia Bulgaria
    With which historic population would you connect them? Phrygians perhaps?
    Those Anatolian samples are from this study: https://science.sciencemag.org/conte.../6396/eaar7711

Date: Early Bronze Age II, 2700-2000 BC

Place: Central Anatolia, around Konya!

No Phrygians existed around that date however, we can speak as of a culture and
    It is possible that the Demircihüyük culture (c.3500–2500 BC) is connected with the arrival of Indo-Europeans in Anatolia, since Proto-Anatolian must have split off around 3000 BC at the latest on linguistic grounds
    Certain evidence of the Luwians begins around 2000 BC, with the presence of personal names and loan words in Old Assyrian Empire documents from the Assyrian colony of Kültepe, dating from between 1950 and 1700 BC (Middle Chronology), which shows that Luwian and Hittite were already two distinct languages at this point.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aspar For This Useful Post:

xripkan (10-12-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

1/2 Messinia, 1/4 Arcadia, 1/4 Western Thessaly. What do you think? At gedmatch I have low Slavic admixture I am modelled 81% South Italian 19% Belarussian.
    Look both Messinia and Arcadia are northern shifted(ofc not in the way of thessaly,macedonia,epirus,central greece etc) but both have a northern element(not crazy things tbh).Thessaly is a really vlach-slavic region and by far more northern shifted than the whole peloponnesus.

As for Gedmatch if you want my honest opinion is a really old(archaic i would say) system.I am not really taking it seriously anymore,since you have your coordinates you can run them to more modern calucators etc and stuff,and you would receive more accurate results.Learn to run vahaduo(witch is very easy btw),G25 etc and you will have your own view upon genetics and ofc to your own specific results.

You can run "ancient refrences",more modern like "iron age"/bronze age/medievel and ofc modern pops.You can also compare your results with ancient samples (GR MYCENEAN..for example etc or "Minoan Lasithi"sample etc).

One thing that we can say for sure is that you have pretty much 4 components:
    1)Barcin Neolithic..witch is pretty much hellenic.
    2)Caucasus+Iran N witch is also ancient and arrived probably with Myceneans and the second version to come with your steppe ancestry(since steppe people carried CHG like admixture).
    3)EHG/steppe witch is probably from your slavic-vlach ancestry but also might be ancient mycenean in some way(ofc not all of it) as we already know that myceneans had some steppe with them.
    4)HAN..you have to undestand that is not fully east asian but more 50%-50%.If i am not mistaken HAN sample is half west eurasian(Sintasta like) and the other half pure east asian).So,yes is not fully chinese like.

What is your haplo/clade btw?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

dosas (10-13-2019)

Registered Users

Look both Messinia and Arcadia are northern shifted(ofc not in the way of thessaly,macedonia,epirus,central greece etc) but both have a northern element(not crazy things tbh).Thessaly is a really vlach-slavic region and by far more northern shifted than the whole peloponnesus.

As for Gedmatch if you want my honest opinion is a really old(archaic i would say) system.I am not really taking it seriously anymore,since you have your coordinates you can run them to more modern calucators etc and stuff,and you would receive more accurate results.Learn to run vahaduo(witch is very easy btw),G25 etc and you will have your own view upon genetics and ofc to your own specific results.

You can run "ancient refrences",more modern like "iron age"/bronze age/medievel and ofc modern pops.You can also compare your results with ancient samples (GR MYCENEAN..for example etc or "Minoan Lasithi"sample etc).

One thing that we can say for sure is that you have pretty much 4 components:
    1)Barcin Neolithic..witch is pretty much hellenic.
    2)Caucasus+Iran N witch is also ancient and arrived probably with Myceneans and the second version to come with your steppe ancestry(since steppe people carried CHG like admixture).
    3)EHG/steppe witch is probably from your slavic-vlach ancestry but also might be ancient mycenean in some way(ofc not all of it) as we already know that myceneans had some steppe with them.
    4)HAN..you have to undestand that is not fully east asian but more 50%-50%.If i am not mistaken HAN sample is half west eurasian(Sintasta like) and the other half pure east asian).So,yes is not fully chinese like.

What is your haplo/clade btw?
    How much would you calculate my Slavic admixture? What I think is that Myceneans samples may not be completely representative of the Iron Age because the Dorians could have nrought more steppe-like ancestry which is read as Slavic. Do you think I am right? I will try various models but I have to search first which component each reference represents. My haplogroup is R-F2935 under R-Z93. After an extensive search I did I found out that there are two subclades. The first must be related with ancient Alano-Sarmatians of Northern Balkans and Daunabe(Roxolani, Iazyges etc). The second has been found in Khazars and modern Balkars.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast