Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Who Has More Neanderthal Than I Do?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1a1b1a2b3
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b

Poland Russian Federation Bulgaria Israel
    I have 245
    23andme 5.9: 86,8% Eastern European, 9,1% Greek and Balkan, 0,3% Spanish and Portuguese, 1,2% Anatolian, 0,7% Ashkenazi Jewish, 1,4% Broadly Southern European, 0,5% Broadly European

Distance: 1.8082% / 0.01808160
    Target: Cyryl_scaled | ADC: 0.25x RC
    85.3 East_Europe
    7.4 Southeast_Europe
    5.0 Sephardic
    2.3 Asia_Minor

Ancestry: 68,75% Polish minority in Ukraine, 12,5% Northern Russian, 12,5% Dobruja Bulgarian ( + Sephardic ancestry ) , 6,25% Kuban Cossack

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY14160
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c
    mtDNA (P)
    I1a1

England Italy Sweden Netherlands
    247 for me
    distance%=4.6465"
    Barcin_N,47.2
    Yamnaya_Samara,41.4
    WHG,10.6
    Ethiopia_4500BP,0.8

E-V13 => E-PH1246 => E-BY14160
    Antonio Reale born circa 1710, Ciminā (RC) Italy

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian+Jewish traces
    Nationality
    Spanish

Andalucia Spain Star of David Israel Jerusalem
    In my case 258.
    23andMe: 99.4% Spanish & Portuguese, 0.3% Ashkenazi Jewish, 0.3% Trace Ancestry (0.3% Nigerian)

My Heritage: 91.5% Iberian, 3.6% Ashkenazi Jewish, 2.7% Middle East, 2.2% Irish, Sccotish and Welsh

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Nationality
    Espaņa
    Y-DNA (P)
    E1b1a1-Z6015
    mtDNA (M)
    HV0f

Spain Spain Extremadura
    266 variants.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British Isles/Germanic
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-L196
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b4a

England Scotland Prussia Rheinland German Confederation Ireland
    228 variants.
    AncestryDNA: 48% England & Northwestern Europe, 29% Scotland, 12% Germanic Europe, 11% Ireland
    23andMe (v5.2 - 50% Confidence phased with 2 parents): 53.9% British & Irish, 22.7% French & German, 3.1% Scandinavian,
    17.2% Broadly Northwestern European, 1.5% Spanish & Portuguese, 0.4% Broadly Southern European,
    0.5% Broadly European, 0.2% Senegambian & Guinean, 0.2% Angolan & Congolese, 0.2% North African, 0.1% Unassigned

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    North & Ionian Seas
    Nationality
    American

England Italy Germany Scotland
    227, accounting for less than 2% of my DNA.

this seems low considering how much NW European I have. I wonder if this also includes Denisovan and all ancient humans were lumped into one?

going along the lines of evolution.... the more removed we are from ancient humans the less of those traits we should have. I never even developed any wisdom teeth, while one of my sisters has all four in perfectly fine. I say because she has a big mouth, and she tells me I'm too stupid to have gotten any. LOL
    Last edited by JerryS.; 09-22-2020 at 03:11 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British Isles/Germanic
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-L196
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b4a

England Scotland Prussia Rheinland German Confederation Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryS. View Post
    227, accounting for less than 2% of my DNA.

this seems low considering how much NW European I have. I wonder if this also includes Denisovan and all ancient humans were lumped into one?

going along the lines of evolution.... the more removed we are from ancient humans the less of those traits we should have. I never even developed any wisdom teeth, while one of my sisters has all four in perfectly fine. I say because she has a big mouth, and she tells me I'm too stupid to have gotten any. LOL
    I'm 100% NW European for the most part and have 228 variants.. it was much higher before they changed it... rather the percentage of customers I had more variants than or whatever it used to say was really high. I had all 4 wisdom teeth and then two baby ones (one behind each top one).
    Last edited by aafusc2988; 09-22-2020 at 10:40 AM.
    AncestryDNA: 48% England & Northwestern Europe, 29% Scotland, 12% Germanic Europe, 11% Ireland
    23andMe (v5.2 - 50% Confidence phased with 2 parents): 53.9% British & Irish, 22.7% French & German, 3.1% Scandinavian,
    17.2% Broadly Northwestern European, 1.5% Spanish & Portuguese, 0.4% Broadly Southern European,
    0.5% Broadly European, 0.2% Senegambian & Guinean, 0.2% Angolan & Congolese, 0.2% North African, 0.1% Unassigned

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aafusc2988 For This Useful Post:

JerryS. (09-22-2020),  msmarjoribanks (09-23-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    mixed European
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    Dad: R1b/L21/DF63
    mtDNA (M)
    K2b2
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-M269
    mtDNA (P)
    K2b1a1a

United States of America England Wales Sweden Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by aafusc2988 View Post
    I'm 100% NW European for the most part and have 228 variants.. it was much higher before they changed it... rather the percentage of customers I had more variants than or whatever it used to say was really high. I had all 4 wisdom teeth and then two baby ones (one behind each top one).
    I'm also all NW European and got shifted from 298 and more Neanderthal than 83% of customers to 220, more than 21% of others. As noted in a post above, my matches mostly seem to have had their Neanderthal decline dramatically too. I think they actually adjusted away from NW Euro having high Neanderthal, perhaps in response to more recent studies, although I actually think the whole Neanderthal thing is to be taken with a huge grain of salt anyway.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    North & Ionian Seas
    Nationality
    American

England Italy Germany Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by msmarjoribanks View Post
    I'm also all NW European and got shifted from 298 and more Neanderthal than 83% of customers to 220, more than 21% of others. As noted in a post above, my matches mostly seem to have had their Neanderthal decline dramatically too. I think they actually adjusted away from NW Euro having high Neanderthal, perhaps in response to more recent studies, although I actually think the whole Neanderthal thing is to be taken with a huge grain of salt anyway.
    surely all of this stuff is to be taken with a grain of salt... however, are we to say this Neanderthal stuff is bologna or the way its calculated by 23 is bologna? I figure the farther away north and west Europe the lower the Neanderthal influence. For example I would expect someone from Lebanon to easily have lower Neanderthal than someone from Holland. If this is true, wouldn't hold true for people regionally mixed based on which region they have the most of...
    Last edited by JerryS.; 09-23-2020 at 08:18 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JerryS. For This Useful Post:

aafusc2988 (09-23-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    mixed European
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    Dad: R1b/L21/DF63
    mtDNA (M)
    K2b2
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-M269
    mtDNA (P)
    K2b1a1a

United States of America England Wales Sweden Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryS. View Post
    surely all of this stuff is to be taken with a grain of salt... however, are we to say this Neanderthal stuff is bologna or the way its calculated by 23 is bologna? I figure the father away north and west Europe the lower the Neanderthal influence. For example I would expect someone from Lebanon to easily have lower Neanderthal than someone from Holland. If this is true, wouldn't hold true for people regionally mixed based on which region they have the most of...
    I don't think it's currently thought that NW Europeans have more Neanderthal. Last I read, Asians actually have more than Europeans, and the Middle East and Eastern Europe are believed to be sites where humans like us and Neanderthals interbred.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to msmarjoribanks For This Useful Post:

jadegreg (09-25-2020)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast