Sex
    Ethnicity
    Moldovan/Romanian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-PH908*, DYS561=15
    mtDNA (M)
    T2a1b1a

Moldova Romania European Union
    From your perspective you'll probably feel like fainting/passing out. A lot of feel good chemicals are unleashed when the organism senses fatal damage, meaning that people die high.
    After that, it's anyone guess, but it seems like there's nothing. There's no perception of time, space or anything like that. Maybe by pure chance your energy is somehow recycled and makes its way into atoms, so at some point in time you might come back as an organic attack helicopter somewhere on Alpha Centauri.
    Recent ancestry: 2/4 Central Moldova (Orhei district), 1/4 Southern Moldova (Cahul district), 1/4 Northern Moldova (Briceni district)
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dorkymon For This Useful Post:

chelle (10-28-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    North & Ionian Seas
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    I1 (P109)

England Italy Germany Scotland
    on a scientific level, my understanding is that energy does not cease to exist, it just transfers. because our bodies have a small amount of electric energy, brain synopsis and all that jazz.... that energy transfers into infinity since it is no longer harnessed or kept in one place.....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JerryS. For This Useful Post:

chelle (10-28-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Quote Originally Posted by JerryS. View Post
    its expected to get logical and reasoned answers on a science driven message board. to get spiritual answers one must not fully subscribe to sciences as we know them.
    That's not true at all.
    Collection of 14,000 d-stats: Hidden Content Part 2: Hidden Content Part 3: Hidden Content PM me for d-stats, qpadm, qpgraph, or f3-outgroup nmonte models.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Khatri/J&K/Multan
    Nationality
    India
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2b2a
    mtDNA (M)
    U2b

India United States of America India Punjab Jammu and Kashmir
    Till we get to a theory of everything I think we just cease to exist. The light at the end of the tunnel is a very common near death experience, once you enter it, you pass into the nothing.

Less likely thoughts I have are extra dimensions that can hold us, or there is some scientific basis to "being" or sprit that can float around for a while. Even less likely is extra dimensional beings or beings millions of years ahead of us could just archive us.

We are probably only about 50-100 years from AI being strong enough to extend our lives significantly. Could be a lot of things, nano bots repairing genetic material, ability for molecular factories to pump out new cells indefinitely. Also, since reproducing there isn't an impetus to live as biological beings, could we evolve into writing genetic code that has error correction and self preservation as a goal.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to agent_lime For This Useful Post:

aaronbee2010 (10-28-2019),  Jatt1 (05-13-2021),  Piquerobi (01-06-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British, Jewish, etc.
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-M253
    mtDNA (M)
    H3
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-Z93 or I-L233?
    mtDNA (P)
    J1c

United States of America Scotland Ireland England Star of David
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ter View Post
    This simulation of your consciousness ceases to exist and your memory is lost forever. This quantum reality is tricky, and who knows how many copies of us exist in parallel universes...
    But maybe we all are one and the same, simultaneously, but with different experiences and memories.
    My son watches this awesome YouTube channel with all these animated science type videos and we recently watched one that was set to a story someone had written about that very same concept of every person really being just one person simultaneously living in past present and future.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Kurzgesagt

9. The Following User Says Thank You to chelle For This Useful Post:

JMcB (10-28-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Puerto Rico Cuba
    Bacterial spores: these are the closest thing to immortality I can think of. This may have implications for space colonization.

Alive...after 250 million years (link to the scientific paper).

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milkyway For This Useful Post:

Dorkymon (10-29-2019),  Piquerobi (01-06-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Puerto Rico Cuba
    -deleted-

Registered Users
    Sex

Heaven or hell hopefully.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kingeo For This Useful Post:

Jatt1 (05-13-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Breton & Maineau
    Nationality
    French
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-BY145002 (DF13+)
    mtDNA (M)
    U4c1a

France France Bretagne
    Death is like before life ... ie nothing
    Y haplogroup: R1b: L21 --> DF13 --> BY145002
    The oldest L21 known are I2457 et I2565 from Stonehenge (Beaker Culture, 2400-1900 BC)

MTDNA: U4c1
    The oldest U4c1 known are "poz224", Yamnaya culture (2882-2698 BC), and 2 Bell-Beaker in Germany (Karsdorf, 2314-2042 BC)

Paternal MTDNA: K1b2b
    The oldest K1b2 are Eastern European Mesolithic: Kunda Donkalnis5 (Lithuania), 6000 BC and Meso-Ene Lepenski Vir Lepe28 in Serbia, 5900 BC.
    The oldest K1b2b is Alt-3, Corded-Ware Germany (2500 BC)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tolan For This Useful Post:

Helgenes50 (05-12-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2a1

I think the question is probably ill-posed, i.e., the question might be based on the illusion of an individual self that is separate from the universal consciousness. Yes, I have a sense of a self that has agency and that is unique and separate from others. But I suspect that sense of a unique self is an illusion in some profound sense. One could also ask what happens when all conscious life ends, or what happens when the universe dies, or what happened before time began. Ultimately, it's a mystery. But one thing that I think we can say with certainty: if I was kind to others, echos of that kindness will live on; if I was cruel, echos of that cruelty live on. Hopefully, when I die, the world will be a tiny bit better and not worse because of things that I did.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GailT For This Useful Post:

Jatt1 (05-13-2021),  Stefanie (05-13-2021)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast