Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    JP58+M9119 (Lesbos)
    mtDNA (M)
    H18b (England)

Cyprus Greece England Scotland Germany

Multiple Questions Regarding Rarity and Identification

I posted here a few years back with some questions regarding interpretation of my y-DNA results, which I originally thought were Cypriot, but I later found out seem to originate from the island of Lesvos. To begin, my 23andme Y-DNA page says that my results (now listed as J-P58, from a starting point of "J1e" to just J-M267 to now J-P58) are incredibly uncommon, listed as fewer than 1 in 300,000, which seems somewhat impossible to me. I know it would be somewhat uncommon for 23andme users, but fewer than 1 in 300,000? I asked if I was part of something more specific and they essentially said what's on the page is on the page. I would appreciate any commentary here.

Also, this got me thinking about my more specific identification. I took the Y37 test a while back, and I know I was helped by people here with my more specific subclade, but I'm curious as to reasons why one J1 DNA project lists me as "J-FGC8223-FGC22291", while ftDNA only lists me as J-M267. My results will be attached (side note, I have a different result than the other people in my cluster in the J1 DNA project on ftDNA, with 13-15 at DYS385, with 13-15 rather than 13-18.) How is it possible to tell what I am when the tests themselves don't provide that interpretation? Any help here would be appreciated!

Screenshot (13044).png

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Black Sheep Turkoman
    Nationality
    Azerbaijani
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1 P58>ZS1706>ZS7071
    mtDNA (M)
    J
    Y-DNA (M)
    O-M175 O2A1

Great Seljuk Empire Azerbaijan Yerevan Khanate Iran Safavid Empire Mongolia
    Quote Originally Posted by OldAl View Post

I'm curious as to reasons why one J1 DNA project lists me as "J-FGC8223-FGC22291", while ftDNA only lists me as J-M267.

Screenshot (13044).png
    Test doesn`t provide any interpretation due to the fact that you have not ordered any snp check. Various group admins can only predict your snp/subclade though they can be wrong. Unlike group admins FTDNA never predicts subclades and so on. Your need to upgrade to big y test or get spesific snp`s tested to get 100% answer.
    Most distant known ancestor Qaraqoyunlu Turkmen Emir Saad, owner of the Chuxur Saad (Erivan province), Chieftain of the Turkoman Saadlu tribe (Black Sheep Turkomans) 14th century. Buried here : Hidden Content

Azerbaijani Turkic Project
    Hidden Content

Turkmenistan DNA Project
    Hidden Content

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilgar For This Useful Post:

OldAl (11-25-2019)