Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My YSEQ results

Registered Users
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z93>R-YP4768
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

My YSEQ results

I ordered two SNPs to find out which is my clade under R-F2935<R-Z93. I am positive to R-YP4768 which has been found in various European areas. So far it has been found in 2 men from England, 1 Scot, 1 from Cantabria of Spain and 1 Pole from Poland/Ukraine borders with distant paternal ancestry from Wallachia . TMRCA is 2700 ybp, so about I share a common paternal ancestor with these individuals from 700 BC or even later.
    So it seems that my paternal lineage is from an Alan/Sarmatian tribe from Northern Balkans and more specifically ancient Dacia. Many Sarmatians and Alans moved to England during the Roman period and this could explain how R-Z93 exists in Britain. Furthermore R-Z93 found in Cantabria must have arrived by Visigoths who assimilated many Sarmatians and more specifically the tribe of Roxolani who were livinng in Dacia area. Cantabria is the Spanish area with the highest frequency of Vissigothic haplogroups.
    The Pole has distant ancestry from Wallachia which is the area where the tribe of Roxolani were living. So I think that my haplogroup comes from Roxolani. Roxolani were an offshoot of Alans.
    The other downstream of R-F2935 is R-F1019 which is from Central Asia (probably from ancient Scythians/Saka tribes of this region). Alans and Sarmatians came in Europe from Eurasian steppes during 2nd century BC. This indicates that my haplogroup is from Alan/Sarmatian tribes and not from older Scythian and Cimmerian R-Z93 tribes of Europe.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xripkan For This Useful Post:

dosas (12-05-2019),  jamtastic (12-02-2019),  Kelmendasi (12-02-2019)

Registered Users
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z93>R-YP4768
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

delete
    Last edited by xripkan; 11-30-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Banned
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

The point is how this ydna founded among a Peloponnesian Greek like you.

Registered Users
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z93>R-YP4768
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny ola View Post
    The point is how this ydna founded among a Peloponnesian Greek like you.
    I am a Peloponnesian Greek but my family came from Constantinople during 15th century. I am sure about that. My paternal ancestors moved from Constantinople to Southern Greece and Italy. My surname exists also in Southern Italy regions, many Italians have told me that. So it is not so starnge to have this haplogroup since Constantinople during Middle Ages was like New York in modern times.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xripkan For This Useful Post:

jamtastic (12-02-2019)

Banned
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

Quote Originally Posted by xripkan View Post
    I am a Peloponnesian Greek but my family came from Constantinople during 15th century. I am sure about that. My paternal ancestors moved from Constantinople to Southern Greece and Italy. My surname exists also in Southern Italy regions, many Italians have told me that. So it is not so starnge to have this haplogroup since Constantinople during Middle Ages was like New York in modern times.
    Then you are not pure Peloponnesian. If your grand-grand-grand father come from Constantinoupoli you might be pretty much everything.Byzantium emperors had mercenaries from every corner of the world. As I know from history Alans-Sarmatians never reached Peloponnesus. The only connection of Alan's with Peloponnesus it might be during the Slavic migrations but I really doubt tbh.

Registered Users
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z93>R-YP4768
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

Then you are not pure Peloponnesian. If your grand-grand-grand father come from Constantinoupoli you might be pretty much everything.Byzantium emperors had mercenaries from every corner of the world. As I know from history Alans-Sarmatians never reached Peloponnesus. The only connection of Alan's with Peloponnesus it might be during the Slavic migrations but I really doubt tbh.
    My lineage is not pure Peloponnesian. My paternal ancestors live in Peloponnese the last 500 years so after so many generations of mixing with locals the autosomal results are typical for the region. My ydna though indicates that my lineage is from a Sarmatian-Alan tribe( according to my data it is very possibly from Roxolani, a Sarmatian tribe which was an offshoot of Alans) from Northern Balkans/Danube area.

Banned
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

My lineage is not pure Peloponnesian. My paternal ancestors live in Peloponnese the last 500 years so after so many generations of mixing with locals the autosomal results are typical for the region. My ydna though indicates that my lineage is from a Sarmatian-Alan tribe( according to my data it is very possibly from Roxolani, a Sarmatian tribe which was an offshoot of Alans) from Northern Balkans/Danube area.
    That I am saying. If you have ancestor from Poli then you are not native of Peloponnesus,despite the autosomal. Anyway, if this haplo/clade is 100% Eurasian steppe that obviously explains your little east Asian genetic admixture. These tribes were steppe/east asian admixed nomads with heavily R1a lineages.

Registered Users
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z93>R-YP4768
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c

That I am saying. If you have ancestor from Poli then you are not native of Peloponnesus,despite the autosomal. Anyway, if this haplo/clade is 100% Eurasian steppe that obviously explains your little east Asian genetic admixture. These tribes were steppe/east asian admixed nomads with heavily R1a lineages.
    I have doubts if this is the source of my Han. Even if my there has been left some East Eurasian at my paternal ancestors 500 years ago it would be quite low since my haplogroup indicates that my lineage is in Europe since late Antiquity. I think that after so many generations it shouldn't exist at my autosomal results. Don't you think I need a more recent ancestor to justify the East Eurasian lets say 300-400 years ago?

Banned
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

I have doubts if this is the source of my Han. Even if my there has been left some East Eurasian at my paternal ancestors 500 years ago it would be quite low since my haplogroup indicates that my lineage is in Europe since late Antiquity. I think that after so many generations it shouldn't exist at my autosomal results. Don't you think I need a more recent ancestor to justify the East Eurasian lets say 300-400 years ago?
    I can say the same about my Judean/Cannanite bronze age ancestry as well. I am 30% Jewish on autosomal so I guess we should expect everything.
    Last edited by Johnny ola; 12-02-2019 at 05:20 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

xripkan (12-02-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    Macedonian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2b2-L283/J-FT29003

Albania North Macedonia European Union
    How much east Asian ancestry do you have?
    From my G25 report I have some 1.6% which I can not explain.

Target: AC_scaled
    Distance: 2.6433% / 0.02643256
    51.4 Anatolia_Barcin_N
    35.8 Yamnaya_RUS_Samara
    7.6 Levant_PPNB
    3.6 WHG
    1.6 Han <<<<<<
    “Man cannot live without a permanent trust in something indestructible in himself, and at the same time that indestructible something as well as his trust in it may remain permanently concealed from him.”

― Franz Kafka

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast